Updated On - January 11th 2018
Government College of Engineering, Amravati is one of the best engineering colleges in India which was established in the year 1964 by the Government of Maharashtra, along with three other Government institutes at Pune, Aurangabad, and Karad. The college is affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University in 1982 and approved by NBA The college offers Engineering programmes at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
- IN 1964, the college introduced 3 basic disciplines Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and then Electronic & Telecommunication, Computer Science & Engineering were started as per the demand and requirements of the country
- In 1986, Part-time postgraduate course in Electrical Power System had started
- In 1996, Instrumentation Engineering was started
- In 2001, the college introduced Information Technology
- In 2006-07, the college was granted Autonomy by Government of Maharashtra
- The college has participated in prestigious Canada India industry Institute Linkage Project (CIIILP). It was also selected under Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP-I) of the Govt. of India for financial assistance for introducing academic reforms and for upgrading the infrastructure. Also, it is regularly receiving funding from AICTE, and DST
- The college has also established (i) Industry Institute Partnership Cell & (ii) Entrepreneurship Development Cell, to promote Industry-Institute Interaction and Entrepreneurship, with funding from AICTE, New Delhi and awarded Accredited Academic Partner' status by TCS, Cognizant and Wipro Technologies
- In 2014, the college considered a ‘Best Professional Institute – Engineering’ award conferred by Lokmat Group and ABP News
- The college campus is built over the 105 acres of land on Amravati Walgaon road.
Placement statistics 2012:
- Number of Companies visited - 41
- No. of students selected - 419 (457 Pass-out Students)
- Percentage of students selected - 91.68 % (Total Selects)
- Maximum Salary offered - Rs. 6.25 lakhs per annum
- Average Salary offered - Rs. 3.18 lakhs per annum
No. of Passed out
No. of Selected students
Electronics & Tele.
- The central library/LRUC (Learning Resources Utilization Center) is built in the separate building having 1478 sq. m. building area
- The library has a collection of 70,000 books
- It contains all forms of documents such as CD-ROMs, online databases, audio-video material, standards, specifications, theses, reports etc.
Details of Books and Journals:
No of Books
Electronics & Tele.
Science & Mgt.
- Gymkhana- The college facilitate Gymkhana in which various activities are organized like sports, cultural activities, debate competitions and personality development
- Sports- Various games like Football, Volleyball, Kho-kho, Kabaddi, Handball, Badminton, Kho Kho, Kabaddi, Basketball etc. are available for students
- A one day workshop is organized on "Geotechnical Engineering Practices -Risk and Safety" on 15 Sept 2014
Prajwalan, a National Level Technical Festival, organized every February. It is the biggest annual event held by the institute. The tech fest receives a cumulative footfall of more than 10000 students from all over India.
- The institute was ranked 45 in Outlook India's Top Engineering Colleges of 2012
- The college was ranked 68 in Dataquest's Top Engineering Colleges in India of 2011.
- Earlier it was ranked 5th in the list of top engineering colleges situated on the Western side of India (excluding IITs)
- The college was ranked at '36th’ place as per the 2014 'Outlook-Drishti' Survey of ‘Best Professional Colleges of India', and at ‘39th ’ place as per DQ-CMR 2013 Survey of ‘Top T Schools of India’.