Idhaya Engineering College for Women, Villipuram was started by Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Congregation, Puducherry in 2003. It began with an objective of imparting engineering education to women. It is located at Nainnarpalayam Road, Chinnasalem, Tamil Nadu.
- Its campus is built in complete French style Architecture
- It is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
- Rotary Club – It seeks to provide young professionals an opportunity to enhance their knowledge & skills for personal development, to address the physical & social needs of the communities to promote service & humanitarianism.
- National Service Scheme (NSS) –. It has 14 Training & Orientation centers, 4 Training Orientation & Research centers in the college. Its activities include improvement of campuses, tree plantation, Blood donation camps, Fire rescue program etc
- Red Ribbon Club – It seeks to conduct training in four key areas; Vibrancy of youth, Sex & Sexuality, HIV/AIDS/ STI and Peer Education. Its activities include Interactive training session, Blood Donation Camp, Peer Educator Activity.
- Youth Red Cross – It is a group movement involving students of age group 18 & 25. It has organized celebrations on AIDS Awareness Day, Blood Donation Camp, Plastic Awareness Camp, YRC Day.
- Built in an area of 2500 sq. feet
- Collection of 18,100 books covering all disciplines taught in the college
- Subscription of 120 National cum International journals
- Media literature such as CD’s, Audio – Video cassettes
- It comprises of 11 computer labs networked and managed by 8 High End Servers on a High Speed LAN
- Labs are equipped with latest software & hardware platforms
- Internet connectivity at 10Mbps speed is provided through Wi-Fi network in all corners of the campus
- The institution has 3 labs of Physics, Chemistry & Communication Skills
- A student of ECE, Ms. T. Subathra was selected to represent Tamil Nadu in the Senior National Hockey Championship for women, Lucknow
- 10 students from the institute won the bronze medal in Kabaddi in Tamil Nadu inter engineering sports, Hosur
- 3 students from the college received 4 medals in the Athletics tournament held at Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur