Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering (JNNCE) was established in the year 1980 by the National Education Society, a pioneer society in Malnad region founded by freedom fighters of high repute.
- The College is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- The college is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and also by Government of Karnataka.
- The College campus is spread over an area of more than forty acres having all amenities to cater to the needs of about 2500 students and 300 staff members.
- Institution offers seven undergraduate (UG) courses and six PG Courses.
National Service Scheme (NSS):
- It is a unit of the college which is conducting various activities such as seminars on topics like “personality development, AIDS, Awareness on Drugs, Blood donation” etc.
- NSS unit also conducts programme on planting trees, blood donation camps, adoption of villages etc.
â€‹Library: Institute Library has collection of more than 1,00,000 volumes and 25,000 single titles covering all branches. Library has separate lending section, reference library section and general reading section.
Ranking & Awards:
- Ranked amongst Top 75 Engineering Colleges of INDIA and 7th in STATE by outlook-MDRA Ranking Survey
- Ranked third under West Coast-Central Zone By Vijaya Karnataka - Nelson Ranking Survey