KLECET Quick Updates 2020
- May 8: KCET Re-opens registration from 8 May. The Last date to apply is 18 May. Click Here
KLE Dr. M S Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology (KLECET), formerly known as K. L. E. Society’s College of Engineering and Technology, Belgaum is one of the premier technical Institution in the North Karnataka.
- This Institute is under the umbrella of Karnatak Lingayat Education Society (KLE Society), Belgaum.
- KLECET is Self-financing, Non-Autonomous & an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.
- KLECET is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
- The institution presently offers 9 Under Graduate, 6 Post Graduate, M. C. A. and M.B.A. courses having an intake of 640 at undergraduate and 243 at postgraduate level. 6 departments are recognized as research centres by VTU, Belgaum.
- The Institute campus is spread over 17 acres having floor area over 40,000 sq. m., consisting of academic area, amenities, sports complex, hostels and staff quarters.
Alumni: The mission of the Alumni Association of KLECET Belgaum, is to reach, share, engage and serve all alumni, present students by networking with one another to foster a life-long intellectual & emotional connection between the college and its graduates.
- Established in the year 2003.
- 16 members from different fields are in the governing body of association.
- Annual general body meeting.
- Around 3500 alumni here been enrolled as life members of the association.
- The training and placement cell trains the students from first year to final year to well equip them for campus selection, which resulted into an average of 96% placements previous years.
- The campus placement during the last three academic 2011-12, 2010-11 and 2009-10 is respectively 98%, 95%, and 82%.
- The academic performance of the institution was 96%, 92% & 96% in the year 2011-12, 2010-11 and 2009-10 respectively with 27 ranks to the University.
Placements 2012â€13: Total Placements – 364
Tata Consultancy Services
L & T Construction
National Service Scheme(NSS): NSS was evolved and introduced by the Govt. of India in the year 1969. It aims at developing amongst students a sense of participation in nation building through Social Work.
Mission 10x Learning Center: Engineering Faculty Workshop was inaugurated by Dr. S. C. Pilli, Principal of the Institute. This workshop is from 11th to 13th Sept 2013 in the KLE Engg College, Belgaum campus.
IEEE: The IEEE student branch was rejuvenated after 14 years at KLE society’s college of engineering in 2008.
- Induction Program conducted for BE First Year Students on 6 & 7 Aug, 2013.
- Inauguration of ACE Activities 2013-14 & III Sem Induction Program
- Inauguration of ECSSA 2013-14 & III Sem Induction Program
- One Day workshop by a team from NOKIA on "Intellectual property Rights/Invent with Nokia" on 4th Sept 2013
- Engineering Faculty Workshop by Mission10X from 11th to 13th Sept, 2013
- Industry Institute Interaction Program "Meet the Masters" by ISTE STUDENT CHAPTER on 5th sept 2013
- Two-Week ISTE Workshop on “Engineering mechanics” from 26/11/2013 to 06/12/2013
Cultural Events: Winners of the Various events at TRINITY-13 organized by JNMC Belgaum in the field of Cultural, Literary and Sports competitions from 26th to 29th Sept 2013.
Library:-The Library is centrally located in the campus, housed in independent building having a plinth area of 1700 Sq mts., having seating capacity of 350 students at a time.
- The Library has over 86,000 volumes which is updated regularly by way of adding new literature in the form of text books, reference books, proceedings, reports, abstracts & indexes, data books, encyclopedias, standards (National & International) Journals, Audio Visual resources, CDs, educational videos and thesis/reports.
- The library subscribes nearly 102 Technical Periodicals and More than 6197 International e-journals from IEL, Taylor and Francis, Springer Link, Emerald and ProQuest with 13139 full text E-Books From the major Publishers.
- In addition there are 4000 Bound volumes of journals, 3500 Compact Discs (CD’s), & 200 IS Standards.
Hostel: The hostel facility has about 300 boys and 450 girls on campus. The facilities include uninterrupted power supply, Wi-fi facility and separate gymnasium facilities.
Auditorium: Auditorium was inaugurated by Sri Siddeshwar Swamiji during Silver Jubilee Celebrations of KLESCET. Silver Jubilee Auditorium Hall with capacity of 150.