KMCT Quick Update
July 3: KEAM 2020 is expected to be conducted on July 16. Admit Cards to be released soon. Check Here
KMCT College of Engineering, established in 2001, is one of the most preferred engineering colleges in Kerala. It is affiliated to A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technological University and the University of Calicut. The College offers B.Tech at the Undergraduate level and M.Tech, MBA, MCA at the Postgraduate level. Admissions to the programs are purely based on entrance exams. The college has the right infrastructure and highly qualified faculty team to provide excellent technical education to its students.
KMCT College of Engineering Highlights
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Application Mode||Online |
KMCT College of Engineering Courses
The institute offers B.Tech across 5 specializations at the UG level and also offers M.Tech, MBA, MCA at the PG level. The details of the courses are tabulated below:
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+ 2 with PCM
Specialization: Civil Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology.
Selection Criteria: KEAM
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Tech in relevant discipline
Specialization: Computer Science and Engineering, Digital System and Signal Processing and Manufacturing engineering
Selection Criteria: GATE
Read more KMCT College of Engineering Courses and Fees
KMCT College of Engineering Admission
Admission to all the courses is based on the performance of candidates on entrance exams. The selection criteria for the courses are mentioned below:
- B.Tech Admission: Selection will be done on the basis of the KEAM score. Kerala CEE will announce the cut-off marks and ranks of the candidates. According to the cut off and rank secured, candidates can choose the course by logging in at the counseling portal.
- M.Tech Admission: Candidates need to qualify GATE in order to get admission in M.Tech. Based upon their cut-off and rank they can choose their preferred stream
- MBA Admission: MBA admission is granted based on the scores obtained by the candidates in CAT/ KMAT/CMAT followed by counseling
- MCA Admission: The Selection of candidates for the MCA program is done based on the Kerala CEE MCA Exam score. Candidates need to participate in counseling conducted by Kerala CEE Board.
Read more: KMCT College of Engineering Admissions
KMCT College of Engineering Placement
The college has a dedicated placement cell which prepares its final year students for campus placements by conducting mock interviews and soft skills training. On an average 70% of the students get placed from campus selections.
Many recruiters under various sectors visit the campus every year to hire students. Some of the top companies are Tata Consultancy Services, Capgemini, Cognizant, Allsec Technologies, BPCL, HCL, UST Global, and many more. The highest Package Offered is INR 3.5 LPA
Read more: KMCT College of Engineering Placements
KMCT College of Engineering Scholarships
The college offers a list of scholarships, the list of the same has been mentioned below:
- Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities or Weaker Sections: There are several scholarships offered for this section of applicants. Students who wish to avail this scholarship can apply for the same to get a waiver off their fees.
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Scholarships are available to students who are eligible for the same based on the marks obtained in their 10+2 qualifying examinations. A waiver on tuition fees is given to the students who become eligible for this scholarship program.
- NRI-QUOTA: Scholarships are offered to students who apply to the college through NRI Quota as the fee structure for such students is very high. Merit students who have applied via this quota become eligible for this scholarship and get a waiver off their tuition fee.
Read more: KMCT College of Engineering Scholarships
KMCT College of Engineering Facilities
The institute has a huge campus that provides a wide variety of facilities and activities for its students. Following are some of the facilities:
- Library and Information Centre: The Library and Information Centre of this institution began in the year 2001 with an assortment of 1500 books. At present, it has an assortment of 32830 volumes and 14248 titles. It permits open access to its assortment and offers support to its students.
- Hostels: The institution offers hostel facilities to both boys and girls. Boys and girls have a separate hostel campus which is near the college campus and also have a wide variety of recreational activities to enjoy their hostel hours.
- Transportation: The college provides the students with transportation facilities with a provision of a group of busses. These take regular trips between the city and the college campus to profit the students and college staff staying outside Kozhikode.
- Canteen: The college provides canteen facilities to its students where they offer a wide variety of wholesome food at an affordable and pocket-friendly rate. The students can unwind and relax for a bit after a long day of arduous studies there
Read more: KMCT College of Engineering Hostel
KMCT College of Engineering FAQs
Ques: What is the intake capacity for B.Tech?
Ans: There are 60 seats offered in each specialization of B.Tech
Ques: What is the application fee of KEAM?
Ans: INR 700 for General/OBC and INR 300 for SC and NIL for ST candidates
Ques: Are there any sports facilities for students?
Ans: Yes, students can enjoy sports and games at this college and stay fit and healthy
Ques: Can I apply for KMAT offline?
Ans: No, you can apply and make the payment through online only
Ques: How are the faculties at this institute?
Ans: There are highly qualified and well-experienced faculties in each and every department.