KEAM 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
KEAM 2019 is a state level qualifying exam providing admissions into the UG Engineering programs offered by various government and private colleges of the state. It is conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala annually. KEAM 2019 Application Form will be commenced from the first week of February 2019. The exam is scheduled for April 23 & 24, 2019 in offline mode. The examination will be conducted in 352 centers including 14 districts in Kerala, Delhi, Mumbai and Dubai.
|KEAM 2019 Admit Card||KEAM 2019 Eligibility||KEAM 2019 Syllabus||KEAM Exam Pattern|
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination to appear for the exam.
- The question papers will consist of questions on Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The KEAM Cut offs will be released as closing ranks for various colleges across Kerala.
- There is no entrance test for admission in Architecture, the admission is based on NATA scores through KEAM Counselling.
The exam was initially conducted for admission in courses of Engineering, Architecture and Medical in the colleges of Kerala. However, since 2016, KEAM Score is used only for admission into engineering courses. With NEET becoming the national level medical/dental entrance test, KEAM medical exam has been discontinued.
#KEAM Previous Analysis
- Paper 1 marked 92.11% attendance with 1,15,449 aspirants appearing for KEAM.
- As per the experts and test takers the paper as moderately difficult.
KEAM 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam (KEAM)|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner for Entrance Exam, Kerala (CEE Kerala)|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Exam Duration||2 hour 30 minutes|
KEAM 2019 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule proposed for KEAM 2019 is given below. All important dates regarding admission process will be available on the official website of the CEE and will be updated here soon.
|Online Application Release||1st week of February 2019|
|Last date for submission of application including Fee payment||Last week of February 2019|
|Last date for receipt of printout of application along with supporting documents||Last week of February 2019|
|Admit Card Release||2nd week of April 2019|
|KEAM Exam Date 2019 (Engineering Exam)||4th week of April 2019|
|Answer Key Publish||4th week of April 2019|
|Declaration of Results||3rd week of May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||4th week of June 2019|
KEAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfil the Eligibility Criteria set by the authorities to appear for the exam. The detailed eligibility criteria for KEAM is given below: -
- Nationality: The candidate must be the citizen of India.
- Persons of Indian Origins (PIO) /Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders can also apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: To satisfy the eligibility criteria for KEAM 2019, a candidate should be of minimum of 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019. There is no upper age limit.
- Nativity: For the purpose of admission, there is made on the distinction of three types of categories-.
- Domicile: All candidates with the domicile of Kerala are grouped as Keralites for the eligibility purpose. Children of All India Services Officers who are posted under the cadre of Kerala will also be part of this group. In the latter case, a certificate of proof of service for parents in Kerala needs to be presented.
- Non – Keralite 1: Candidate living in Kerala for at least 5 years in the study period of 12 years will be part of NK 1 category.
- The children of non-Keralite parents who have studied twelfth class will also be part of this category, if either of the parents is in defense services or employee of Government of India.
- Non – Keralite 2: All the candidates who do not belong to either of the above two categories will be part of NK 2 category.
- Candidates belonging to this category will have the eligibility to get admission in the engineering courses through management quota seats in self – financing colleges controlled by the Government.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates seeking admission in engineering courses must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects. It is necessary to score 50% marks in mathematics individually.
- Students appearing in the Higher Secondary examination are also eligible to apply. Provided, they must pass the examination with the above-mentioned criteria in order to be eligible to take admission through KEAM 2019.
KEAM 2019 Application Form
Date of KEAM Registration: February 1 – 28, 2019
The last date to take a printout of online application form along with supporting documents is March 31, 2019. Registration has to be done at cee-kerala.org. Before commencing the online registration, candidates must keep the following documents handy:
- A vaild Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Scanned copies of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression (as per the insructions).
- Class 10 mark sheet.
- Income Certificate
- Category Certificate
The registration process includes following steps-
Step 1: Registration - Provide email id and phone number to register for KEAM 2019.
Step 2: Filling up KEAM Application Form - After registeration, login to candidate’s account and fill in the details asked in the form. It is also mandatory to upload the scanned images of their recent photograph, signature, and thumb impression.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee - The application fee can be paid online using Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking or offline through Demand Draft.
Step 4: Print-out of the Application Form: After paying the application fee and completing the process. Candidates must send a copy of their application forms with after completing following formalities-
- Affix a recent photograph of self of the size- 3.5 x 4.5 cm to the application form.
- The application form must attested by Head of the Institution or by a Gazetted Officer.
- Affix the left-hand thumb impression of self in the provided space.
- Get the form signed by self and parents / guardians.
The filled in application form along with supporting documents have to be sent to the following address –
The Commissioner for Entrance Examination,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala 695 001
KEAM Application Fee
The application fee for KEAM 2019 is given in the following table:
|Engineering/Pharmacy/Both||INR 700||INR 300|
|Architecture/Medical & Allied/Both||INR 500||INR 200|
|Both||INR 900||INR 400|
KEAM 2019 Admit Card
Issue of KEAM Admit Card: April 10, 2019 onwards
- The admit cards for KEAM exam will be downloaded through online mode from the official website.
- Candidates will get the admit card in the second week of April 2019. KEAM 2019 Admit Card will not be sent by post or any other mode.
- KEAM Hall Ticket 2019 will be downloaded by entering the application number and date of birth.
- The admit card will have information like name, roll number, exam center, exam timings and instructions to be followed.
KEAM 2019 Exam Center
- Candidates had to make a choice of their preferred KEAM 2019 exam centre while filling the KEAM 2019 Application Form.
- The exam centres of KEAM 2019 were allotted to candidates according to their preferences, only in case of emergency, there could be changes in the exam centre allotment.
- Candidates were advised to locate their allotted KEAM 2019 Exam Centres few days before the exam. This would avoid delays in reaching the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- Candidates were required to carry their KEAM Admit Card 2019 to their allotted exam centre.
- Candidates were advised to adhere to the instructions given to them at the exam centres like not carrying exam related material, mobile phones etc.
KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern
KEAM 2019 Exam Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry): April 23, 2019
KEAM 2019 Exam Paper 2 (Mathematics): April 24, 2019
The KEAM Exam Pattern complete details are given below:
- Papers: The examination will be consisting of two papers, i.e. PAPER 1 (Physics & Chemistry) & PAPER 2 (Mathematics).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 2½ hours for each paper.
- Mode: The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- Type of Questions: In the examination, total 120 multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, four marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|PAPER 1||Physics & Chemistry||120||2½ hours|
|PAPER 2||Mathematics||120||2½ hours|
Note: Candidates applying for admission to B.Pharm Course will have to write Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
KEAM 2019 Syllabus
Keam Syllabus is prescribed by the CEE Kerala. The level of the examination is of 10+2 or equivalent level exam. The detailed syllabus is listed below.
|Mathematics||Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.|
|Physics||Introduction and Measurement, description of motion in one dimension, description of motion in two and three dimensions, laws of motion, work, energy and power, heat and thermodynamics, motion of system of particles and rigid body rotation, gravitation, mechanics of solids and fluids, oscillations, waves, Electrostatics, current electricity, magnetic effect of current and magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating current, optics, dual nature of matter and radiations, atomic nucleus, solids and semiconductor devices|
|Chemistry||Basic concepts and atomic structure, bonding and molecular structure, states of matter, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, solutions, redox reactions and electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, stereochemistry, Organic Chemistry, basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds, hydrocarbons, organic reaction mechanism, polymers and biomolecules, environmental chemistry and chemistry in everyday life|
KEAM Results 2019
Date of KEAM Result: May 22, 2019
Release of Medical & Allied and Ayurveda Rank List: On or before June 20, 2019
- KEAM Result is published in the form of rank lists.
- The rank list includes Application number, Name of the candidate, Marks obtained in each subject, Normalised score, Entrance exam score and Rank.
- KEAM rank lists for Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharm, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied (except MBBS/BDS/BAMS) and Ayurveda will be published separately.
- The results will be available on the website “cee-kerala.org” and on other websites to be notified by the CEE.
Steps to Check KEAM Results 2019
- Visit the official website of KEAM 2019 i.e. cee-kerala.org.
- Enter Roll No. and DOB/ Password and submit
- Check your KEAM 2019 Results and download your Rank card.
KEAM 2019 Counselling Process
The counselling process for KEAM 2019 will begin after the declaration of result. Post-release of merit list, allotment of seats in various courses and college will commence.
- Candidates who make it to the merit list have to register for the counselling session online.
- Candidates without internet access need to register at various facilitation centers mentioned in the information prospectus.
- Details like the course and college preferences, have to be filled while registering for KEAM 2019 Counselling.
- CEE will conduct subsequent counselling sessions till all the seats are filled.
Note:After the verification of documents and allotment of seats, candidates have to submit the admission fee to confirm their seats. If a candidate fails to remit fee/join the college, they will not be eligible for any further allotment in any stream.
KEAM 2019 Seat Allotment
KEAM seat allotment process will begin after June 20, 2019 with the counselling process. The seat will be allotted through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). KEAM Allotment of Seats will depend upon the following factors:
- Availability of seats
- Merit list and preferences selected by the candidates out of available combinations
- CEE Kerala will subsequently release lists of allotted seats till the total seats are filled.
KEAM 2019 FAQs
Ques. Can I fill the KEAM Application form offline?
Ans. No, you can only fill the KEAM Application form online from at the CEE Kerala website before February 28, 2019.
Ques. What is the process of filing KEAM Application Form?
Ans. First you have to register yourself at candidate's log in page. After successful registration, upload images, fill the details in application form and make the fee payment. After completing the online application form, take the print out of KEAM Application Form and send it with the supporting documents to CEE.
Ques. I forgot to save my Application Number at the time of registration process. What can I do?
Ans. You can get your Application Number from the official website. Click on the tab ‘Forget Application Number’ on the home page. Enter the required details like name, date of birth, password and security code. Application Number will be displayed on the screen.
Ques. How can I retrieve my logging password?
Ans. You can use the link ‘Forgot Password’ to create a new password. You will require Application Number, date of birth and email ID to create a new password.
Ques. Is it necessary to have email ID and Mobile Number?
Ans. Email ID and Mobile Number are required at the time of registration process. Once the email ID and Mobile number get registered they cannot be altered.
Ques. I am not able to upload my scanned images. What should I do?
Ans. The scanned images should be uploaded according to the prescribed specifications, the required specifications are mentioned in the following table:
|Documents to be Uploaded||Specifications|
|Photograph||The colour passport size photograph should be recent. File Size: 10KB to 30KB File Dimension: 150 pixels x 200 pixels File Format: JPG/JPEG Format|
|Signature||The signature should have been done on a plain white sheet. File Size: 10KB to 30KB File Dimension: 150 pixels x 100 pixels File Format: JPG/JPEG Format|
|Left Thumb Impression||File Size: 10KB to 30KB File Dimension: 150 pixels x 100 pixels File Format: JPG/JPEG Format|
Ques. How to make KEAM Application Fee payment?
Ans. Candidates can make application fee payment either through Credit Card/Debit card/ Net Banking or e-challan. The e-challan has to be paid at all the Head and sub Post Offices in Kerala or selected branches listed by CEE.
Ques. Can I change the selected course after the submission of Application Form?
Ans. No, once the form is submitted no changes are allowed in the form.
Ques. Are the Income certificates made in other states valid?
Ans. Only the competent revenue authority in Kerala alone will be accepted.
Ques. I belong to general category. Do I have to submit the income certificate?
Ans. It is necessary for the candidates who need to avail fee concession/ scholarship based on income certificate.
Ques. Village officer denied providing the Income and Community certificate in the prescribed format of KEAM. Instead, an Income Certificate in e-district format was given. Will the authority accept it?
Ans. The e-district format certificates are also acceptable. Candidates will also have to provide certificate number and security code with the certificates while applying for KEAM.
Ques. What documents have to be submitted for – Scouts & Guides, Sports, NCC Cadets?
Ans. Candidates have to submit the following documents:
- Scouts & Guides:Copy of Rashtrapathi Guide Certificate signed by the President of India.
- Sports Quota:A photocopy of the filled application form has to be submitted to the Secretary, Kerala State Sport Council, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
- NCC Cadets: A photocopy of the filled application form has to be submitted to the Deputy Director-General, NCC (Kerala), PB No.2212, Thiruvananthapuram-695010 through the respective NCC Unit Officers where the candidates have been enrolled as cadets.
Ques. While filling the Application form its showing ‘Session Time Out’? How to resolve the problem?
Ans. The specified time when the user does not work in the application form is called session timeout. Candidates have to log in again and avoid it again you should click on ‘Save’ button frequently after filling information to save the data.
Ques. For what factors my Application Form can get rejected?
Ans. Given below are the reasons for which KEAM Application form can be rejected:
- If the affixed photograph in the application form is different from the uploaded photograph.
- If the affixed photograph in the printed Application Form is not duly attested by the Head of the Institute where he/she last studied.
- If the uploaded documents are not clear or not as per the required specifications.
- If the print out of the application form and other documents reach after the last date specified.
Ques. How will I get to know whether my application Form has reached CEE office?
Ans. Visit the official website and click on ‘Application Status’ on the homepage. When the application will be received by CEE office then the status will change to ‘Received by CEE’. Candidates will also receive Application status on the registered mobile number.
Ques. How will I get to know about the KEAM Application Fee Payment status?
Ans. After the successful Application fee payment, candidates will be taken back to the portal where the ‘payment’ tab will be turned green after which print out can be taken.
Ques. I am not able to print the Application form even after the application fee payment. What should I do?
Ans. Option for ‘Print Application’ will be available at the homepage only after the successful fee payment.
Ques. What will be the application fee, if I choose Dubai as KEAM Exam Center?
Ans. For Dubai as exam center, you have to remit INR 12000 via online mode only.
Ques. What is the procedure to claim SC/ST reservation?
Ans. Candidates seeking reservation under SC/ST category need to send a caste or a community certificate from the concerned Tahsildar in the specified performa along with the Application form.
Ques. I belong to socially and educationally backward class. How can I claim for reservation?
Ans. You have to submit an original Non-Creamy Layer certificate with the KEAM Application form.
Ques. What does OCI/PIO stand for?
Ans. OCI is Overseas Citizen of India and PIO is the short form of Persons of Indian Origin.
Ques. What is the required age limit for KEAM?
Ans. Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019. There is no upper age limit for KEAM 2019.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College