Table of Contents
KEAM 2020 Exam Dates(Announced), Admit Card, Exam Centers, Registration, Pattern and Syllabus
KEAM 2020 Exam dates have been announced by Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan. The exam will be conducted on July 16, 2020, in two sessions. It is a state-level exam for admissions to Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry, and Pharmacy programs. Candidates who successfully registered for the exam can download their KEAM 2020 Admit Card from the official website soon. KEAM is conducted on two days for Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively. Candidates appearing for the B. Pharma course have to qualify Paper 1 only. The last date to apply for KEAM application form correction was May 25, 2020. KEAM 2020 Exam Center Edit Facility was available till June 27, 2020.
- As per KEAM Exam Pattern, Paper 1 consists of Physics and Chemistry subjects whereas Paper 2 consists of only the Mathematics section. There will be 120 objective type questions, to be attempted in 2 ½ hours for each paper.
- Candidate’s minimum age limit should be 17 years as on 31st December 2020 to apply for the entrance test.
- CEE follows a certain set of Eligibility Criteria for candidates appearing in KEAM 2020. They are categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I), and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- KEAM Result will be published online on the official website along with Cutoffs and closing ranks for various colleges across Kerala.
KEAM 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam (KEAM)||Conducted By Commissioner for Entrance Exam, Kerala (CEE Kerala).|
|Official Website||cee-kerala.org||For Application Form, Notifications and Related Process|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination||For Admissions to 150+ Colleges in Kerela.|
|Mode of Application||Online||On the Official Website only from First Week of February 2020.|
|Exam Mode||Offline||As Pen-Paper Based Exam.|
|Exam Duration||2 hour 30 minutes||Conducted once in a Year in English Medium only.|
KEAM 2020 Exam Dates
KEAM 2020 Exam Dates
The official notification for KEAM schedule has been released by the official website. Candidates can check official exam dates as given below:
|Online Application Release||February 1, 2020||Official Notification was released on November 8, 2019.|
|Last date for submission of application including Fee payment||May 25, 2020 (Till 5:00 pm)||Online on the official website|
|Admit Card Release||To be announced soon||Available on the Official Website.|
|KEAM Date 2020 – Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry)||July 16, 2020 (Revised)||120 Questions of 480 marks in Each Paper.|
|KEAM Date 2020 – Paper 2 (Mathematics)||July 16, 2020 (Revised)||4 marks allotted for a Correct Answer. -1 for an Incorrect One.|
Declaration of Results
|To be announced||KEAM 2020 Application Number and Password required to view the Result.|
|Counselling Starts||3rd Week of June 2020||Conducted in 3 Rounds, an additional round for vacant seats as well.|
KEAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
KEAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfil the Eligibility Criteria set by the authorities to appear for the exam. The detailed eligibility criteria for KEAM is given below: -
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Persons of Indian Origins (PIO) /Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders can also apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: To satisfy the eligibility criteria for KEAM 2020, a candidate should be of minimum of 17 years of age as on December 31, 2020. There is no upper age limit.
- Nativity: For the purpose of admission, there is made on the distinction of three types of categories-.
- Domicile: All candidates with the domicile of Kerala are grouped as Keralites for the eligibility purpose. Children of All India Services Officers who are posted under the cadre of Kerala will also be part of this group. In the latter case, a certificate of proof of service for parents in Kerala needs to be presented.
- Non – Keralite 1: Candidate living in Kerala for at least 5 years in the study period of 12 years will be part of NK 1 category.
- The children of non-Keralite parents who have studied twelfth class will also be part of this category if either of the parents is in defence services or employee of Government of India.
- Non – Keralite 2: All the candidates who do not belong to either of the above two categories will be part of NK 2 category.
- Candidates belonging to this category will have the eligibility to get admission in the engineering courses through management quota seats in self – financing colleges controlled by the Government.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates seeking admission in engineering courses must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects. It is necessary to score 50% marks in mathematics individually.
- Students appearing in the Higher Secondary examination are also eligible to apply. Provided, they must pass the examination with the above-mentioned criteria in order to be eligible to take admission through KEAM 2020.
KEAM Form Correction
KEAM 2020 Form Correction
Many a times candidates make mistakes in filling up the detailed KEAM Application Form. Thus CEE provides a facility to make corrections and re-submit the form. The window will be available on the official website, candidates can make amendments by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website and go to KEAM candidate login.
- Use Application number, Password and captcha.
- Make the desired changes and submit them.
- Take the print out of the application form.
Changes can be done in the address of communication, scanned uploaded images, id details and other details.
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for KEAM can be downloaded through online mode from the official website. Candidates can access their Admit Card after the registration process concludes. KEAM 2020 Admit Card will not be sent by post or any other mode. KEAM Hall Ticket 2020 will be downloaded by entering the application number and date of birth.The admit card will have information like name, roll number, exam center, timings and instructions to be followed. The following details will be mentioned on KEAM 2020 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Exam Date
- Exam Centre
- Reporting Time
KEAM 2020 Exam Center
- Candidates has to make a choice of their preferred KEAM 2020 exam centre while filling the application form.
- Exam centres of KEAM 2020 are allotted to candidates according to their preferences, only in case of emergency, there could be changes in the exam centre allotment.
- Candidates are advised locating their allotted KEAM 2020 Centres a few days before the test. This would avoid delays in reaching the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- Candidates are required to carry their KEAM Admit Card 2020 to their allotted exam centre.
- Candidates are advised adhering to the instructions given to them at the centres like not carrying exam related material, mobile phones etc.
|Exam Center||Center Code|
KEAM 2020 Exam Pattern
KEAM 2020 Exam Pattern
KEAM Exam Pattern complete details are given below:
- Papers: It will be consisting of two papers, i.e. PAPER 1 (Physics & Chemistry) & PAPER 2 (Mathematics).
- Duration: Exam Duration will be 2½ hours for each paper.
- Mode: Organized through offline mode.
- Type of Questions: Total 120 multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, four marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|PAPER 1||Physics & Chemistry||120||2½ hours|
|PAPER 2||Mathematics||120||2½ hours|
Note: Candidates applying for admission to B.Pharm Course will have to write Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
KEAM 2020 Exam Schedule(Postponed)
Exam schedule for KEAM 2020 has been postponed due to 21-day lockdown in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak however the authority will shortly release the fresh exam dates.
|Paper||Subjects||Date of Exam(Revised)||Day||Time|
|Paper 1||Physics and Chemistry||Monday||10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Paper 2||Mathematics||Tuesday||10 am to 12.30 pm|
KEAM 2020 Syllabus
KEAM Syllabus is prescribed by the CEE Kerala. The level of the examination is of 10+2 or equivalent level. The detailed syllabus is listed below.
|Mathematics||Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.|
|Physics||Introduction and Measurement, description of motion in one dimension, description of motion in two and three dimensions, laws of motion, work, energy and power, heat and thermodynamics, motion of system of particles and rigid body rotation, gravitation, mechanics of solids and fluids, oscillations, waves, electrostatics, current electricity, magnetic effect of current and magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating current, optics, dual nature of matter and radiations, atomic nucleus, solids and semiconductor devices|
|Chemistry||Basic concepts and atomic structure, bonding and molecular structure, states of matter, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, solutions, redox reactions and electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, stereochemistry, Organic Chemistry, basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds, hydrocarbons, organic reaction mechanism, polymers and biomolecules, environmental chemistry and chemistry in everyday life|
KEAM 2020 Registration
Registration process lasted till March 2, 2020 on cee-kerala.org. Before commencing KEAM Application Form filling, candidates must keep the following documents handy:
- A vaild Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Scanned copies of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression (as per the insructions).
- Class 10 mark sheet.
- Income Certificate
- Reservation Category Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Community Certificate
Steps to fill KEAM 2020 Application Form
The registration process includes following steps-
Step 1: Registration - Provide email id and phone number to register for KEAM 2020. A system generated Application Number will be provided to the candidates. A strong password of minimum 8 characters and special numeric, symbol, alphabet characters is required.
Candidates have to re-login using the generated application number and password for further filling the form.
Step 2: Filling up KEAM Application Form - After registeration, login to candidate’s account and fill in the details asked in the form. Qualification details, category information, reservation details, contact information. These information are mandatory and can be reviewed ‘ Save and Preview’ before final submission.
Step 3: It is also mandatory to upload the scanned images of their recent photograph, signature, and thumb impression in the required specifications.
|Photograph||JPG or JPEG||150 x 200||10 kb to 30 kb|
|Signature||JPG or JPEG||150 x 100||10 kb to 30 kb|
|Left Thumb Impression||JPG or JPEG||150 x 100||10 kb to 30 kb|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee - The application fee can be paid online using Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking or offline through Demand Draft.
Step 5: Print-out of the Application Form: After paying the application fee and completing the process. Candidates must send a copy of their application forms with after completing following formalities-
- Affix a recent photograph of self of the size- 3.5 x 4.5 cm to the application form.
- The application form must attested by Head of the Institution or by a Gazetted Officer.
- Affix the left-hand thumb impression of self in the provided space.
- Get the form signed by self and parents / guardians.
Step 6: The filled in application form along with supporting documents have to be sent to the following address –
The Commissioner for Entrance Examination,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala 695 001
KEAM Application Fee
The application fee for KEAM 2020 is given in the following table:
|Engineering/Pharmacy/Both||INR 700||INR 300|
|Architecture/Medical & Allied/Both||INR 500||INR 200|
|Both||INR 900||INR 400|
KEAM Results 2020
KEAM 2020 Answer Key
KEAM 2020 Answer Key will be released in the first week of May 2020 for paper 1 and 2. The answer keys will be released against the questions challenged by the candidates based on the recommendations of the expert. With the help of answer key, candidates can also calculate the probable score in the exam before the result declaration. KEAM 2020 Answer key will be available on the official website of KEAM, candidates can download it and match their answers to the questions asked in the entrance examination. For unsatisfied candidates, they are also allowed to challenge the authority for the same.
KEAM Results 2020
Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala will release KEAM 2020 Result in the form of rank lists. The rank list includes Application number, Name of the candidate, Marks obtained in each subject, Normalised score, Entrance test score and Rank. KEAM rank lists for Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharm, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied (except MBBS/BDS/BAMS) and Ayurveda will be published separately.The results will be available on the website “cee-kerala.org” and on other websites to be notified by the CEE. KEAM Rank list will be preparaed by giving equal weightage to the marks obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2 put together and the marks obtained for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer Science/ Biology put together in the final year of the qualifying exam.
Steps to Check KEAM Results 2020
- Visit the official website of KEAM 2020 i.e. cee-kerala.org.
- Enter Roll No. and DOB/ Password and submit
- Check your KEAM 2020 Results
- Download your Rank card.
KEAM 2020 Cut Off
KEAM Cutoff 2020 contains opening and closing ranks of the participating colleges that accetps KEAM score. After the result declaration of KEAM 2020, Commissioner of entrance examination, Kerala will release the the cut off list on its official website. Only those candiates who will score equal to the exam Cut off will be allowed to participate in the counselling process. KEAM 2020 Cut Off will depend on various factors like:
- Marking scheme of the exam
- Difficult level
- Total Number of seats available
- Total Number of seats reserved
- Previous year cut off trends
KEAM 2020 Counselling Process
The counselling process for KEAM 2020 will begin after the declaration of result. Post-release of merit list, allotment of seats in various courses and college will commence.
- Candidates who make it to the merit list have to register for the counselling session online.
- Candidates without internet access need to register at various facilitation centers mentioned in the information prospectus.
- Details like the course and college preferences, have to be filled while registering for KEAM 2020 Counselling.
- CEE will conduct subsequent counselling sessions till all the seats are filled.
Documents required for UPSEE 2020 Counselling
UPSEE Aspirants are required to carry the original documents along with their photocopies. Following documents are given below:
- KEAM 2020 Admit Card
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- High School Marksheet/Certificate
- Eligibility Criteria from the University of Kerala
- Migration Certificate
- Physical fitness certificate
- Receipt of Payment of KEAM Application fee
- KEAM 2020 Datesheet
- Memo issued by CEE
Note:After the verification of documents and allotment of seats, candidates have to submit the admission fee to confirm their seats. If a candidate fails to remit fee/join the college, they will not be eligible for any further allotment in any stream.
KEAM 2020 Reservation of seats
KEAM Aspirants can check the seats reservation that is followed at the time of KEAM Seat Allotment:
|State Merit (SM)||60%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||30%|
|Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
KEAM 2020 Seat Allotment
KEAM seat allotment process will begin after June 2020 with the counselling process in online mode. The seat will be allotted through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). It will be based on the candidate’s score in the entrance examination. The Authorities will release merit list consists of the names of qualified candiates. Only ualified candidates will be able to participate in KEAM 2020 Counselling and Seat allotment process. An allotment memo will be generated for the selected candidates.
KEAM Allotment of Seats will depend upon the following factors:
- Availability of seats
- Merit list and preferences selected by the candidates out of available combinations
- CEE Kerala will subsequently release lists of allotted seats till the total seats are filled.
KEAM: Previous years Paper Analysis
It is a state level entrance examination conducted for the candidates to get admission into Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry and Pharmacy programs. KEAM Aspirants can check the paper analysis for year 2018 and 2019 given below:
KEAM 2019 Paper Analysis
KEAM 2019 was conducted in 352 centers including 14 districts in Kerala, Delhi, Mumbei amd Dubai. Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry) marked 92.11% attendance with 1,15,449 aspirants appearing for KEAM 2020. Most of the test takers found the paper as moderately difficult. Those candidates who had practiced from previous year question paperand practiced in the lines of time management must have found the paper easy to moderate. Read the section wise analysis given below:
Analysis of Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry)
Candidates who appeared for the entrance examination found Physics paper to be diificult. The paper consists of indirect and more calculative type questions due to which it was considered as time-consuming. Whereas, Chemistry found to be easier in comparison with Physics. There were around 75% direct questions in the paper. Apart from 2 to 3 sections like electrochemistry part, it was not time-consuming.
Analysis of Paper 2 (Mathematics)
Almost 90% of the candidates found the paper very easy to solve. There were also repetitive questions from last year too. According to the experts and candidates, time management was the key to score well in KEAM Mathematics paper.
KEAM 2018 Paper Analysis
Kerala Agriculture Engineering & Medical (KEAM) 2018 was successfully conducted on April 23 & 24, 2020 by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. It was held in 352 centres including 14 districts in Kerala, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Dubai. By qualifying the examination, candidates can become eligibile for admission in various undergraduate programmes offered by colleges in the state of Kerala. KEAM Paper 1 for Physics and Chemistry was conducted on April 23, 2020 whereas, Paper 2 for Mathematics was conducted on April 24, 2020.
Analysis of Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry)
Candidates who appeared for the entrance exam, most of them found the paper to be moderate in terms of the difficulty level. Whereas, Chemistry found to be easier in comparison with Physics, which had few tricky questions. The paper was overall confined to the syllabus of KEAM.
Analysis of Paper 2 (Mathematics)
The second paper (Mathematics) was sucessfully conducted on April 24, 2020. KEAM Aspirants found the Mathematics paper easy in comparision with Paper 1 of Physics and Chemistry.
Colleges accepting KEAM Score
Candidates can check the list of various colleges/Institutes accepting KEAM score are tabulated below:
|Government Engineering College, Painavu, Idukki||College of Engineering Adoor, Pathanamthitta|
|Government Engineering College, Kozhikode||College of Engineering, Attingal, Thiruvanthapuram|
|Government College of Engineering, Kannur||College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam|
|Government Engineering College, Thrissur||College of Engineering, Karunagappally, Kollam|
|Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara, Emakuam||College of Engineering, Pallippuram, Cherthala, Alappuzha|
|College of Engineering, Chengannur, Alappuzha||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Pampady, Kottayan|
|College of Engineering, Poonjar, Kottayam||Government Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad|
|College of Engineering, Thriuvananthapuram||Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thriuvananthapuram|
|College of Engineering, Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta||Government Engineering College, Mananthavady, Wayanad|
KEAM Stats in Previous Year
Candidates can refer to the data tabulated below to know KEAM Stats in the previous academic year:
|B.Tech||Number of Colleges||Total Seats||CEE Allotted Seats|
|Government/Aided Engineering colleges||12||4733||4402|
|Engineering colleges under Kerala Agricultural University and Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University||2||119||99|
|Government controlled engineering colleges||24||7155||6125|
|Private self-financing engineering colleges||119||44400||22000|
|B.Arch||Number of Colleges||Total Seats||CEE Allotted seats|
|Government/Aided Engineering colleges||4||200||189|
|Private self-financing engineering colleges||19||840||420|
Frequently Asked Questions
KEAM 2020 FAQs
Ques. Can I fill the KEAM Application form offline?
Ans. No, you can only fill the KEAM Application form online from at the CEE Kerala website before February 2020.
Ques. What is the process of filing KEAM Application Form?
Ans. First you have to register yourself at candidate's log in page. After successful registration, upload images, fill the details in application form and make the fee payment. After completing the online application form, take the print out of KEAM Application Form and send it with the supporting documents to CEE.
Ques. I forgot to save my Application Number at the time of registration process. What can I do?
Ans. You can get your Application Number from the official website. Click on the tab ‘Forget Application Number’ on the home page. Enter the required details like name, date of birth, password and security code. Application Number will be displayed on the screen.
Ques. How can I retrieve my logging password?
Ans. You can use the link ‘Forgot Password’ to create a new password. You will require Application Number, date of birth and email ID to create a new password.
Ques. Is it necessary to have email ID and Mobile Number?
Ans. Email ID and Mobile Number are required at the time of registration process. Once the email ID and Mobile number get registered they cannot be altered.
Ques. I am not able to upload my scanned images. What should I do?
Ans. The scanned images should be uploaded according to the prescribed specifications, the required specifications are mentioned in the following table:
|Documents to be Uploaded||Specifications|
|Photograph||The colour passport size photograph should be recent. File Size: 10KB to 30KB File Dimension: 150 pixels x 200 pixels File Format: JPG/JPEG Format|
|Signature||The signature should have been done on a plain white sheet. File Size: 10KB to 30KB File Dimension: 150 pixels x 100 pixels File Format: JPG/JPEG Format|
|Left Thumb Impression||File Size: 10KB to 30KB File Dimension: 150 pixels x 100 pixels File Format: JPG/JPEG Format|
Ques. How to make KEAM Application Fee payment?
Ans. Candidates can make application fee payment either through Credit Card/Debit card/ Net Banking or e-challan. The e-challan has to be paid at all the Head and sub Post Offices in Kerala or selected branches listed by CEE.
Ques. Can I change the selected course after the submission of Application Form?
Ans. No, once the form is submitted no changes are allowed in the form.
Ques. Are the Income certificates made in other states valid?
Ans. Only the competent revenue authority in Kerala alone will be accepted.
Ques. I belong to general category. Do I have to submit the income certificate?
Ans. It is necessary for the candidates who need to avail fee concession/ scholarship based on income certificate.
Ques. Village officer denied providing the Income and Community certificate in the prescribed format of KEAM. Instead, an Income Certificate in e-district format was given. Will the authority accept it?
Ans. The e-district format certificates are also acceptable. Candidates will also have to provide certificate number and security code with the certificates while applying for KEAM.
Ques. What documents have to be submitted for – Scouts & Guides, Sports, NCC Cadets?
Ans. Candidates have to submit the following documents:
- Scouts & Guides: Copy of Rashtrapathi Guide Certificate signed by the President of India.
- Sports Quota: A photocopy of the filled application form has to be submitted to the Secretary, Kerala State Sport Council, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
- NCC Cadets: A photocopy of the filled application form has to be submitted to the Deputy Director-General, NCC (Kerala), PB No.2212, Thiruvananthapuram-695010 through the respective NCC Unit Officers where the candidates have been enrolled as cadets.
Ques. While filling the Application form its showing ‘Session Time Out’? How to resolve the problem?
Ans. The specified time when the user does not work in the application form is called session timeout. Candidates have to log in again and avoid it again you should click on ‘Save’ button frequently after filling information to save the data.
Ques. For what factors my Application Form can get rejected?
Ans. Given below are the reasons for which KEAM Application form can be rejected:
- If the affixed photograph in the application form is different from the uploaded photograph.
- If the affixed photograph in the printed Application Form is not duly attested by the Head of the Institute where he/she last studied.
- If the uploaded documents are not clear or not as per the required specifications.
- If the print out of the application form and other documents reach after the last date specified.
Ques. How will I get to know whether my application Form has reached CEE office?
Ans. Visit the official website and click on ‘Application Status’ on the homepage. When the application will be received by CEE office then the status will change to ‘Received by CEE’. Candidates will also receive Application status on the registered mobile number.
Ques. How will I get to know about the KEAM Application Fee Payment status?
Ans. After the successful Application fee payment, candidates will be taken back to the portal where the ‘payment’ tab will be turned green after which print out can be taken.
Ques. I am not able to print the Application form even after the application fee payment. What should I do?
Ans. Option for ‘Print Application’ will be available at the homepage only after the successful fee payment.
Ques. What will be the application fee, if I choose Dubai as KEAM Exam Center?
Ans. For Dubai as exam center, you have to remit INR 12000 via online mode only.
Ques. What is the procedure to claim SC/ST reservation?
Ans. Candidates seeking reservation under SC/ST category need to send a caste or a community certificate from the concerned Tahsildar in the specified performa along with the Application form.
Ques. I belong to socially and educationally backward class. How can I claim for reservation?
Ans. You have to submit an original Non-Creamy Layer certificate with the KEAM Application form.
Ques. What does OCI/PIO stand for?
Ans. OCI is Overseas Citizen of India and PIO is the short form of Persons of Indian Origin.
Ques. What is the required age limit for KEAM?
Ans. Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2020. There is no upper age limit for KEAM 2020.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College