Kakatiya Institute of technology and Science, Warangal, Telangana, was established in 1980. The college is one of the top private Engineering colleges in the state. The institute has eight different academic departments providing 20 courses. The courses include all undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD degrees. Admission to all the courses is based on the JEE Mains and TS EAMCET ranks. The candidates should pass their 10+2 exam with at least 45% marks from a recognized board. Candidates must apply online on the college portal.
The college promises around 80% placements. The major recruiting companies of the institute include TCS, Wipro, DCX, CHUBB, and more.
Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science Highlights
|Established | Type||1980 | Private|
|Course||Under graduation, Post-graduation, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance exam||JEE Main, TS EAMCET, GATE, TS-PGECET, and GPAT|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, TCS, CHUBB, DCX, Tata|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Sports court, Laboratories, etc|
Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science Ranking
- B.Tech #201 out of 300 in India 2020 by NIRF
- B.Tech #122 out of 150 in India 2019 by Outlook
- Overall #88 out of 100 in India 2019 by Times of India
- B.Tech #83 out of 147 in India 2019 by Times of India
- MBA #73 out of 75 Top Private Colleges in India 2019 by Times of India.
Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science Courses
Kakatiya Institute provides UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses in the field of Engineering. There are 20 courses provided by the institute. The details of the courses are mentioned below.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 Years
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, and Instrumental Engineering, Electric and electronic engineering, Computer science & Engineering, Information technology, Electronics, and communication Engineering, Computer science & Engineering, and Electronics communication & Instrumentation Engineering.
Eligibility: 10+2 Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (TS-EAMCET)
Total Intake: 1020
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 Years
Specializations: Structural & Construction Engineering, Design Engineering, VLSI & Embedded System, Power Electronics, Software Engineering, Digital Communication, and MBA.
Eligibility: B.Tech in a relevant stream with 50% Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (GATE, GPAT, TS-PGECET)
Total Intake: 205
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree (with 40% aggregate)
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (TSICET)
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 Years
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering.
Eligibility: M.Tech in a relevant stream
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science Admissions
The admission to various courses in the Kakatiya Institute of Technology & Science is done by the score achieved in JEE Main exam or TS EAMCET. The following steps mentioned below should be followed for the admission process to the Kakatiya Institute.
How to Apply? (h4)
- The candidates are required to fill an online application form available on the institute’s website. Click on the new registration.
- The candidate is required to take either of an exam JEE Main/ TS EAMCET/ GATE.
- After the declaration of the result, the candidate should match their score with the college cut off score.
- The candidate then needs to submit the required documents like the 12th Boards mark sheet, DOB proof, etc for verification to the college.
- The institute provides counselling sessions for admission after the document verification.
- The admission will be confirmed after the procedure.
Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science Placements
During the 2020 placement drive, over 303 students got recruited out of which 113 were placed under Cognizant Technology Solutions. Over two M.Tech. students from Power Electronics got placed with GE Energy with a CTC of INR. 10.4 LPA.
Kakatiya Institute of Technology & Science has a well-settled placement cell for students. The placement cell works to prepare the students for various recruiters coming to the college. The highest salary package offered was INR 21 LPA. The trends of placement over the last few years are given below:
|Year||No. of Students Recruited|
Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science Facilities
The major facilities provided by the institute include:
- Hostel: The hostel accommodation for both girls and boys which accommodates about 750 students. Each room is equipped with mandatory items and basic usages. Food is also provided.
- Gym: facilities are also available.
- Laboratory: There are different labs for the practical knowledge of the subjects.
- Library: The library services are allowed for every enrolled student at the college. The library has a whole lot of books regarding Engineering and also other related fields.
Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science FAQs
Ques. Where is the Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science located?
Ans. The college is located Opposite to Yerragattugutta, Bheemaram, Warangal, Telangana. It is situated in a posh area right in the middle of the city. All kinds of facilities are available right near the Institute.
Ques. What are the extra activities in Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science?
Ans. The college offers practical industrial visits, gyms, and sports ground for basketball, volleyball, etc. It also has internship facilities for the students for practical work experience during the course time period.
Ques. What is the academic structure for a course at Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science?
Ans. The course structure for every degree in the institute includes the weekly submission of assignments, research papers, and lab research on the provided subject.
Ques. How is the infrastructure of Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science
Ans. Kakatiya institute has a great infrastructure that gathers the area of approx 66 acres. This includes the sports complex, various labs. The gardens and natural environment is well maintained with plants and trees.
Ques. Where are the other branches of the Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science?
Ans. The other technology college of Kakatiya institute is situated in Hyderabad. It is autonomous in nature and hence connects no affiliation with the other.