Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology (KCET) is situated in Virudhunagar in Tamil Nadu. KCET was founded in the year of 1998. The college offers both UG and PG engineering courses. The college campus extends to an area of about 47.92 acres. KCET is affiliated to Anna University Chennai and got its approval from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). KCET recently attained the state of autonomous from 2019 to 2029.
KCET Virudhunagar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1998 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Anna University of Chennai|
|Admission Criteria||TNEA Counselling|
|Campus Area||47.92 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Edusat Program, Wi-Fi, Bank & ATM, Transport|
KCET Virudhunagar Courses
KCET offers UG courses like B.E. and B.Tech. with 7 and 5 specializations respectively. Similarly, it offers PG courses like M.E. and M.Tech. with 4 and 2 specializations correspondingly. All the specializations are described along with the course duration and eligibility details in the following table.
|B.E.||Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||Eligibility: Pass in 12th from a recognized board of education.
Duration: 4 years
|B.Tech.||Polymer Technology, Information Technology, Bio-Technology, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science|
|M.E.||Structural Engineering, Communication, and Networking, Power Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering,||Eligibility: Graduation in B.E. from a relevant stream.
Duration: 2 years
|M.Tech.||Polymer Science & Engineering, Biotechnology|
|Ph.D.||Polymer Technology, Biotechnology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering||Eligibility: Graduation in PG degree from a relevant stream.
Duration: 3 - 6 years
Click here KCET Virudhunagar Courses and Fees
KCET Virudhunagar Admission
B.E./B.Tech. admissions to Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology are made through the TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) counseling which allots engineering seats to the students based on the merit list.
How to Apply?
- The merit list is prepared by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu depending upon the cut off marks scored by the students in 12th examinations.
- The cut off is calculated based on their marks in subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Then M.E./M.Tech. admissions are carried out through the marks scored by the applicants in the TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) examination.
KCET Virudhunagar Placement
Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology has a Training Development & Placement (TDP) Cell which strives hard for improving the students’ professional and communicative skills, thus helping them to get placed in a good organization. It devises systematic and structural planning for training students from the first year until the final year. TDP cell consists of Student Placement Coordinators (SPCs), who take care of the placement related activities. Many leading companies like Zoho, Infosys Technologies, Cognizant, Wipro, TCS, Hexaware Technologies, HCL, Justdial, Neeyamo Technologies, etc visit the college for the placements regularly. The highest package offered to the students is 4.6 LPA and the average package of all the students is 2.05 LPA.
Know more KCET Virudhunagar Placement
KCET Virudhunagar Scholarship
Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology facilitates needy students to get scholarships. They facilitate in government-provided scholarships, fee waivers for those from the EWS category. They also provide scholarships from the college institution funds. Scholarships are also provided to the meritorious students. In the academic year for 2018-19, 1045 students received a full tuition fee waiver from the government scholarship, while 13 students received a full tuition fee waiver from the college scholarship.
Read more KCET Virudhunagar Scholarship
KCET Virudhunagar Facility
The key facilities of KCET are listed below.
- Library: A central library is present with an area of about 1981.08 sq.m. and is capable of accommodating 500 persons at a time. Students can get access to various Collection of Books, National and International Journals, CD-ROMs, Online Journals, Question banks, Project Reports, etc.
- Edusat Program: An agreement has been signed with Anna University Chennai for the Edusat Program. The program telecasts the live lectures by the Guest Lecturers from AU Chennai.
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi facility is available across the entire college campus which is free for students and staff. Uninterrupted and high-speed internet connectivity of 45 Mbps can be used by the students for their education, projects and to improve their knowledge.
- Bank & ATM: A small extension of Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank is functioning on the campus from 2001, where the students can pay all their fees through the bank counter. Further, a separate ATM counter is also functioning for meeting the urgent requirements of the students.
- Transport: Around 30 buses are present in the college for the purpose of transportation. A transport facility is available for both students and staff. All the buses will pick up students and staff around different regions of Virudhunagar.
Click here KCET Virudhunagar Hostel
KCET Virudhunagar Faculty
Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology has a total of 142 faculty members among 10 different engineering departments. And out of the total 142 faculty members, 40 of them has a doctoral degree to their name in respective fields. Moreover, separate faculty members are present for teaching UG as well as PG subjects.
KCET Virudhunagar FAQs
Ques. Whether hostels are available for both boys and girls separately?
Ques. Whether scholarships are provided for the students at KCET Virudhnagar?
Ques. What is the TNEA cut off for the course of B.E. Computer Science and Engineering?
Ques. Is the canteen facility available at KCET Virudhunagar?
Ques. What are the extra-curricular activities available?