Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology - [KCET] Quick Updates
Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology was established in the year 1998. This college is located in Madurai district.
- It is promoted and supported by Virudhunagar Hindu Nadars' devasthanam, various Hindu Nadars' mahamai Tharappus in Virudhunagar and other places and educational institutions of Virudhunagar.
- The College is ideally located on the home land of Karmaveerar "Bharat Ratna" K. Kamaraj and the institution is one of the Virudhunagar's most recognizable landmark.Srimurugan has donated 25 acres of Land for the progress of the college.The College spans to 45 acres of land.
- Multipurpose Hall can accommodate 1500 students
- 1200 systems in a single network, 21 Mbps internet facility to conduct online test.
- Uninterrupted power supply with the support of UPS and AUTO RESTORE GENSET.
- Five Air conditioned Halls for conducting Group Discussion and Interview
- Placement Forum with 13 neighbouring Engineering Colleges
- Two Arts and Science Colleges and 1 Polytechnic College - All our Government aided and Autonomous Institutions under same management. Hence Human resource requirements in different domains can be met under same roof.
- Just 35 kms from airport and 10 kms from Railway Junction. College is well connected with road ways situated in National Highways. Students from Chennai to kanniya kumari can land up easily in our college with less effort.
Recruitments - 2013 to 2014
Cognizant Technology Solutions
TNQ Books and Journals Pvt. Ltd.
Jumbo Bag Ltd
L & T Infotech
Elite Engg. And Construction Pvt. Ltd.
Colan Infotech Ltd.
Smart Training Resources India Pvt. Ltd.
Arun Plastics Ltd.
Hwaseung Rubber Materials Pvt. Ltd.
Art & Culture:
- Kalashristi:The Kingdom of Competent and Encyclopedic Technocrats. Students engage in debates, quizzes, dance and drama, music, drawing and painting. The team of the college has given performances in TALENTIA, FISFEST, PATAKKA, YUVA etc., and got several prizes & awards.
- TECH-O-FEST is the main cultural event of the institute and organized annually conducted during the months of July and August.Glory, drama, heroism, victory, melodrama, defeat and Fun – whatever you want is all there.
- Tech Beats: Every student has in born talent of a singer, dancer or debater within him or her. To bring to the fore these hidden talents, the college wants each of its students to become an ambassador of our cultural heritage, which is being forgotten in today’s fast paced life.
- Tech Band: Tech-Band comprises trained musicians and masters. Ceremonies and functions are marked by their performance.
- IEEE Chapter: â€‹IEEE Student Branch of Kamaraj College of engineering and technology started in the year 1998.IEEE Student branch in has taken pioneering role by giving students a common platform to express their ideas, updating the knowledge of fast changing technologies of today.
- ISTE: The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a national, professional, non-profit making society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education. The ISTE Chapter has been established at the college and functioning from the year 2000.
- NSS: National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored program under the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India, started in 1969.The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service.
- NCC: NCC is an Organization engaged in conducting constructive activities for all the cadets under it. NCC also helps in shaping students to dynamic and responsible citizens of India. It is certain that our college NCC training will be a platform for grooming tomorrow's citizens and leaders, and help in "Nation Building".Our NCC Motto is Unity and Discipline.
- Youth Red Cross: The Red Cross is an international organization for humanitarian services. It is a non-political , non-religious and a non-sectarian international body.YRC is a part of the Indian Red Cross Society; it was inaugurated in August, 2003.
- Rotaract:Rotaract wing in the college was established on 16-07-1999. The motto is to create social awareness among the students. The club conduct many off campus social service programs as a part of club activity like visiting orphanage homes and old age homes etc.
Library:College has digital library in a vast area of 1470sq.m.
- Volumes – 61546
- Titles – 12800
- Journals current - 241 Nos.
- National Journals – 162
- International Journals – 79
- Journals Back volumes – 3449
- E-resources CDs/DVDs - 4970
Conference Hall: The College has Various Infrastructure Facilities. Spacious Multipurpose Hall is constructed with a view of accommodating 1500 persons with additional Lift facility. This hall is utilized for conducting meetings, Seminar, Various Department Programs.
Girls Hostel: S.P.G.C Nagammal Girls Hostel I was constructed at a cost of 2.3 crores covering an area of 60,000 sq. ft. S.P.G.C Nagammal Girls Hostel II has been magnificently designed at a cost of 3.53 crores covering an area of 48,000 sq. ft.
Boys Hostel:S.P.G.C Nagammal Boys Hostel was constructed with all the facilities needed for the students in the area of 90,000 square feet at the cost of 4.5 crores. This hostel can accommodate 500 students with a separate Mess and Dining Hall.