Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology (KCET), is a private technical institution established in 2007. The AICTE approved college is situated in Tholurpatti, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, and is spread over a land of 66 acres. The college is affiliated to Anna University, Tamil Nadu, and is graded as 'B++' by NAAC. The college is ranked 14th position out of 506 engineering colleges affiliated under Anna University based upon the pass percentage of college. It was awarded as National Level Clean and Smart Campus Award-2019 by AICTE. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering.
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Type of Institution||Private|
|Affiliation||Anna University, Tamil Nadu|
|Number of enrolled students||2918|
|Number of courses offered||9 courses from 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Exam (TNAE)|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology Courses
The college has seven departments in Engineering and Technology for which, BE and ME level courses being conducted by the college are tabulated below:
|B.E.||All Engineering branches||Eligibility: 50% (for general category), 45% (for backward classes) & 40% (for most backward or SC/ST) in 10+2 from any recognized board with subject’s physics, chemistry, and mathematics is mandatory
Selection: TNEA Exam and Counselling
Duration: 4 Years
|M.E.||All Engineering branches||Eligibility: Graduation with 50% average result
Selection: TANCET Counselling
Duration: 2 years
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology Admission
The procedure for admissions for B.E. is based on Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) Exam. The college is open to admissions for diploma students, directly in the second academic year based on their diploma merits. The required merit is 55% (for general category), 50% (for backward classes), & 45% (for SC/ST) on an average. ME admissions are done on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam.
How To Apply?
- Visit the official site of Anna University for the TNEA Examination and apply online for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Exam.
- Fill the registration form by submitting all the required details such as contact details, address, e-mail id, category, preference, academic details, etc.
- Submit all relevant documents as asked during the form filling process.
- Pay the Application fee (General: INR 500 and SC/ST: INR 250).
- Take a Printout of the Application Form and wait for the Admit card to be issued.
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology Placements
The Placement and training cell of college invites companies and provides students opportunities for interviews. The training department focuses on sharpening the interview and group discussion skills. Placements of the previous academic year 2018-19 are as follows:
|Top recruiters||Infosys, TCS, Byjus, Wipro, etc|
|Highest package||INR 12 lakhs per annum|
|Average package||INR 8 lakhs per annum|
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology Scholarships
The college provides meritorious scholarships to the economically weaker section of the society. Sports quota admissions are also there for the students doing really well in sports. Some of the scholarships based on merit rank cut off are:
|Cut Off Rank||Scholarship amount|
|195 and above||INR 5 lakhs|
|190 to 194.75||INR 3 lakhs|
|180 to 189.75||INR 1.6 Lakhs|
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology Facilities
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology has a large campus spread over more than 60 acres of land which makes it a quite breathable one. The facilities provided there are impressive enough.
- Library: It is digitized with a volume of books more than 15000 and around 7000 titles. The library is automated using standard software and is fully air-conditioned. KCET library has several journals, magazines, research papers, and textbooks for the reference of students and staff.
- Hostel: Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls is provided to ensure complete comfort, safety, and privacy. Facilities such as mess and laundry are available to give all basic amenities to the hostellers.
- Laboratories: Well-equipped computer labs and other science laboratories are constructed for rendering proper education to the students. Computer labs are spacious and noise-free. All the computers are repaired and serviced timely for enriching student experience.
- Health clubs: All types of first aid, basic treatments, and dressing facilities are available. Qualified doctors are appointed for taking the best care of every student’s health.
- Sports and Games: Sports ground and indoor games room are constructed for practice and training purposes. Professional trainers are also provided to help students in shaping their skills.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is there to provide a suitable framework for all kinds of events. A space for a large audience is there with a stage for special events.
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology Faculty
A total of 218 faculty members are employed. Most of the professors are Ph.D. qualified. The rest hold master’s degrees. The supportive staff of college holds bachelor’s degrees. Most of the professors are at Assistant professor levels. While a few others are as Associate Professor level. In 2016 and 2017, the faculty has published 4 papers under Intellectual Property Rights for the college.
They have also undertaken 9 consultancy projects, providing experience in the field for the students.
- Number of faculty members Ph.D. Qualified: 10
- Number of faculty members Pursuing Ph.D.: 29
Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide any platform for extra-curricular activities?
Ques. Is the college situated in a remote place?
Ques. Does the college provide training programs and internship opportunities?
Ques. Does the college provide some relief or grants to the permanently disabled students?
Ques. Does the college conduct various level championships for sports students?