Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College (GMGC) was established in 1938 in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is affiliated to the University of Calcutta, and provides Undergraduate Courses across several streams ranging from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany to the Arts Subjects like English, Political Science, Arts, etc.
To be eligible for admission to these courses the candidates must possess a 10+2 qualification with a minimum of 50% marks in a relevant subject. Admission to these programs is granted on the basis of merit in the last qualifying examination.
The college has an excellent teacher student ratio, maintaining proper guidance to each of the students. Placement Cell is also present to provide guidance to the Students for placement related activities.
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Highlights
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College is affiliated to the University of Calcutta and provides undergraduate courses in Science and Arts. Following are the major highlights of this college.
|Established | Institute Type||1938 | Public|
|Affiliated To||University of Calcutta|
|Courses Offered||2 Courses across 2 Streams|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.Sc.|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Wipro|
|Facilities Available||Library, Self-defense Course, Hostel|
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Achievements
GMGC is a well reputed College in West Bengal. It has produced several noted Alumni in different fields making both College, and State Proud. Its NAAC grade has also been good with a consistently improving CGPA.
|Noted Alumni||Dona Ganguly, Srabani Sen, etc.||-|
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Courses
GMGC offers multiple Undergraduate Courses in Arts and Science. Selections are made on merit basis, and the course duration is 3 Years. Eligibility varies as per the subject requirements, with a common eligibility of “Intermediate from a recognized Institute.” Following table highlights the major courses offered.
|BA||Subjects: Geography, Hindi, History, English, Political Science, Bengali, Psychology
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate from a recognized Institute/Board. Minimum 50% marks aggregate with changes as required by the Course
|B. Sc.||Subject: Mathematics, Botany, Physics, Chemistry, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate passed from a recognized Institute/Board. 50%/60%/70% aggregate marks requirement as per the Course and Subject
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Admissions
Before applying for Admissions, the Candidate must be aware of the Eligibility, Elective Criteria, Elective Combinations. In case of incorrect details mentioned, the candidature will be rejected by the College. Application No. must be noted down by the Candidate for future communications with the college regarding Admissions.
How to Apply?
- An online form needs to be submitted. All the documents has to be uploaded in “.jpg” format only.
- Documents to be uploaded are Photograph, Signature, Class XII Mark Sheet, Age Proof, and other documents if asked.
- Recheck the details of the Form before Submitting. Once submitted, it’ll lead the Candidate to the Payments page.
- On the online window, pay the required fee and take the print out of the challan. This challan has to be submitted in the College after verification.
- A merit list will be generated and admissions will be extended on that basis.
Read more: Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Admission
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Placements
As per the student reviews, around 86% of the Students are able to bag internships in different Companies, and also Government Internships.
- The average CTC offered to the candidates was INR. 3 LPA.
- Major companies visiting for Recruitments are Wipro and TCS.
- Package varies according to the post and mostly satisfactory.
Click here Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Placement
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Scholarship
GMGC does not provide Scholarships to its Students. However, it takes care of its students who are not affluent enough for the Courses. Moreover, GMGC has several awards to motivate its students. Following table highlights major awards being provided.
|P.C. Chandra Award of Excellence||All round Performance|
|Abhijit Bhattacharya Memorial Prize||Highest Marks in Geography Honours.|
|Mukul Mohan Ganguli Memorial Prize||Highest marks in Mathematics Honours.|
|Sudeshna Chatterjee (Ganguly) Memorial Prize||Highest marks in Political Science|
Also check Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Scholarship
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Facilities
GMGC provides its students with many facilities helping them in their overall development. It takes care of its female Students and has taken every possible step to enhance the security of its Students as well. Following are the major facilities by the college:-
- Library – Over 27,000 books are available along with Newspapers, Magazines, and Journals.
- Physical Training – A physical Education Class is conducted once in a month by a Physical Education Instructor, and is attended by a good no. of Students.
- Hostel – Young Women’s Christians Association provides the Hostel.
- Student Assistance – Shibani Chatterjee Memorial fund for needy Students, Book Bank Service, etc. are being provided.
- Anti-Ragging Cell – To maintain a student friendly and family-like environment for the students.
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell – Headed by Principal involving senior faculty members to take precautions for any such atrocities. CCTVs are installed at every corner
- Self-Defence Course – To provide young ladies ample skills for protecting them from any kind of violent activities.
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Faculty
GMGC ensures a strong teacher student ratio to maintain proper balance and ensure stronger interaction between stakeholders. It has a faculty strength of around 50 and student strength of around 500 making it better than govt. recommended teacher-student ratio. Teaching quality is superb, and students have admired the methodology by the faculties.
Also check Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College Faculty
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College FAQs
Ques. Is Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College a Govt. Institution?
Ques. Does GMGC provide placements?
Ques. Does GMGC provide any Scholarship?
Ques. Is there an entrance test for Admission in GMGC?
Ques. What is the NAAC grading of GMGC?