Maharaja Engineering College for Women (MECW) was established in 2008 by Paramasivam Palanisamy Charitable Trust. It runs under the leadership and guidance of young and energetic Correspondent Thiru. P. Dharanidharan. It located in a 30 acre campus near perundurai at Erode, Tamil Nadu. It offers four under graduate and one post graduate engineering course.
- It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
- It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- The Library has 13,351 Volume of books with 2,663 titles. The Library subscribes 45 national and 46 International Journals and 5 Newspapers
- It contains 450 back volumes of journals and 375 CD ROMs.
- The library has an Institutional Membership with several external libraries such as, British Council Library, MALIBNET, MMA Library (Madras Management Association) and Anna University Library
- The DELNET access providing the Staff, Students and Research Scholars
The Hostel has more than 200 rooms with a study hall and accommodates about 500 students. A separate dining hall covering 200 m2, to accommodate 200 students at a time, is also available in this block.