Mahendra Institute of Engineering and Technology was started in the year 2009 by the Mahendra Education Trust (MET). The trust gallops eighteen educational institutions early from schools to higher learning technical institutions. The institution ascertained its wider network with renowned educational institutions and industries for the faculty promotion and student development. Mahendra group of educational institutions are recognized by its service, dedication intended for education, contribution for the communal upliftment from 1970 itself. The Collegei s located at Mahendhirapuri, Mallasamudram is 25 km away from Salem on the Salem to Tiruchengode main high way.
- MIET is approved by Anna University, Chennai
- It is a co-educational institute
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering
- Department of Science & Humanities
- NSS- National Service Scheme
- NCC- National Cadet Corps
- YRC- Youth Red Club
- Paper Presentation
Library- The library has 7695 number of volumes and 3615 titles. It has 97 international and 53 national periodicals. The digital library has 610 CDs and computer center to access online journals and magazines to get update.
Hostel- The institute has well-furnished separate Hostels for Boys and Girls. Each Hostel is facilitated with single/double bed and dormitory arrangements. Each Hostel houses a Common reading room, Dining hall and mess facilities.
Sports- Institute has facility for indoor and outdoor games. The institute has 2.17 lakh sq. feet area of playground houses Two Basket Ball Courts , Two Foot Ball fields , Three Volley Ball Courts ,Two Ball Badminton Courts, Four Kho - Kho Courts, Three Cricket fields and a well laid 400 meters standard track.