Mar Ephraem College of Engineering and Technology (MECET) located at Marthandam, Tamil Nadu. The institution is a symbol of ethos, the principles they stand for and deep rooted cultural values. The objective of the institution is to enable students to explore the resources available to them and make their experience of it unique, personal and internalized efforts are proposed. The main Motive of the college is to develop a global perspective to cope -up with the fast changing technology scenario.
The mission of the institution is to provide quality and value based education for the industrial and socio-economic development of the nation with its diverse cultures through relevant programs in teaching and learning, research, extension and community involvement.
- It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- The college is affiliated to Anna University
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Library- The library is spread more than 1000 sq. ft. of area. It has about 10000 volumes of books with 3000 titles. It has a large collection of e-journals, DVD/CDs and project reports. It subscribes 8 magazines, 8 newspapers and 65 journals (national and International)
Hostel- The college has excellent hostel facility for both boys and girls separately with all basic amenities.
Sports- The college has Excellent playground for cricket, football, volleyball and badminton. It also has well-equipped gymnasium facility for boys and girls separately.
- EPIC’14- A national Level Technical Symposium
- Sport Day
- NTPC scholarship for SC/ST and PWD Students
- Scholarship is provided by Jain Educational Society
- Minority Scholarship for Christian, Muslims, Sikhs and Buddhist students (50% Marks in Previous Exams)
- Scholarship provided by Tamil Nadu Education Trust to those students ( 60& marks in HSC and Parent Annual Income less than 50000/-)