National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), established in 1963 is a post graduate, Public Management institute located in Mumbai. NITIE Bombay offers PG Diploma in various fields of Management and Industrial Engineering. The College runs PGDIM and PGDISEM as its prominent flagship MBA program of duration 2 years. Moreover, the institution trains over 2000 professionals annually through its various week long Management Development Programs (MDPs) and the unit based programs (UBPs) in different areas of Industrial Engineering & Management. Check NITIE Bombay Course & Selection Criteria
NITIE Bombay has been ranked 12th among the top 15 B-Schools as per NIRF 2020 ranking. The College is also ranked 12 for MBA by The Week 2020. The College is recently ranked 68th worldwide and 3rd in India in SDG Goal 8 by The Impact Ranking 2021. Its MBA programmes are ranked above study programs at prestigious institutes such as Jamia Millia Islamia, BHU, ISM Dhanbad etc.
NITIE Bombay Key Details
- College offers manifold PG courses like PGDIM & PGDISEM equivalent MBA and PGDIE, PGDMM & PGDPM equivalent to M.Tech.
- All admissions are entrance based accepting scores in CAT, GATE, GMAT and GRE along with TOEFL / IELTS from international students.
- The CAT percentile cutoff for NITIE Bombay Admission 2021 to its popular course PGDIM has been 97 under general category.Check NITIE Cutoff
- In 2020-21 Placements, the median salary increased marginally to INR 19.81 LPA from INR 19.12 LPA.
- The highest salary offered in NITIE Bombay placement was INR 58.24 LPA.
- The average salary offered increased to Rs. 21.5 lakhs from Rs. 20.19 lakhs in the previous year.
- The average salary for top 10% of the batch was Rs. 39.81 lakhs.
- NITIE added over 20 new recruiters including Ather Energy, Grofers, IDFC First, McKinsey, RBEI, RBL Bank, SAP Labs, Square Yards etc.
NITIE Bombay Ranking
|Ranking Agency (Year)||Ranking|
|NIRF 2020 ( MBA )||12|
|NIRF 2020 ( Engineering)||36|
|Business Today 2020 ( MBA )||12|
|Impact Ranking 2021||68 ( worldwide) 3 ( India)|
|The Week 2020||12|
|Outlook 2020 ( MBA)||31|
|Outlook Icare 2020||21|
Check NITIE Ranking
NITIE Bombay Courses
|Course program||Eligibility||Course Fee|
|PGDSM/PGDISEM||Full-time bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology in any branch from a recognized university with aggregate 60% marks.
Duration : years
Selection criteria : CAT score
Intake : 47
|PGDIE||Full-time Engineering /Technology degree in a relevant branch from a recognized university with aggregate 60% (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST/PwD candidates). Students in the final year of graduation can also apply
Duration : 2 years
Selection Criteria : GATE score / GD,PI
Intake : 140
|PGDIM||Full-time Engineering/Technology degree in any branch from a recognized university with aggregate 60% marks (relaxed by 5% for SC/ST/PwD candidates)
Duration : 2 years
Selection Criteria : CAT Score
Intake : 304
|PGDPM/PGDMM||Applicants must have passed bachelor’s degree with 60% aggregate in any branch of engineering and technology. Duration : 2 years Selection criteria : GATE score intake 60||12.53 Lacs|
|PGPEX ( VLM)||Qualified Professional Engineers with at least 5-12 years of experience
Duration 1 Year
Selection Criteria : GMAT score + PE + PI
Intake : 25
|FPM||Master’s degree in either of these fields - Science, Technology, Engineering, Management, Economics, science, etc with 55% aggregate to apply. Final-year students also can apply for admission.
Duration : 5 years
Mode : full time/part time
Selection Criteria : Candidates' analysis potential, work expertise, publications / Written check + PI/ Research Presentation
NITIE Bombay Cutoff
Given below is the CAT cut off ( Expected) for admission to the most sought-after courses at NITIE for admission 2021.
Mentioned below is the GATE cut off 2020 for PGDMM and PGDPM courses at NITIE Bombay.
NITIE Bombay Scholarship
GATE qualifiers get GOI teaching assistantship of Rs.8000/- per month and a contingency Grant of Rs 5000/- per year. SC/ST candidates are granted financial assistance as per the scheme of Govt. of India subject to the satisfactory fulfillment of terms and conditions mentioned. Given below is the list of some of the prominent scholarship programs which the students can avail of at NITIE campus.
- UCC ireland Meritorious Scholarship for Indian Students
- Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
- L & T Build India Scholarship
- Capital first MBA Scholarship
- Pre Matric Scholarship
Check NITIE Scholarship
NITIE Bombay Placement
- Highest salary offered in NITIE Mumbai placement – INR 58.24 lakhs per annum.
- The average salary offered increased to Rs. 21.5 lakhs from Rs. 20.19 lakhs in the previous year, whereas the average salary for top 10% of the batch was Rs. 39.81 lakhs.
- This placement season saw participation from 121 companies on campus to hire the 253 participants from the class of 2020 at NITIE Mumbai.
- 34% percent of the Class of 2020 received pre-placement offers and pre-placement interviews through their summer internships at top corporate companies.
- The season saw the return of regular recruiters like Amazon , Deloitte, Flipkart, HUL, ITC, P&G, Philips, PwC US Advisory to name a few. NITIE remained a preferred destination for the recruiters.
- NITIE added over 20 new recruiters including Ather Energy, Grofers, IDFC First, McKinsey, RBEI, RBL Bank, SAP Labs, Square Yards etc.Check NITIE Placements
NITIE Popular startups
|Square Yards||Magenta Power||Ivyclique Technology|
|Oasis Energy||Carry Well||Darwin Tech|
|DeepFlux||SalesPanda||Chromas Stones Private Limited|
|Quifers||Live Organic||Matic Networks|
NITIE Bombay FAQs
Ques. What is the cutoff for NITIE Bombay?
Ans. The NITIE Bombay cutoff for CAT indicates the minimum marks or percentile for the students to secure to get admission. Generally, The highest cutoff is 97 and the lowest is 86 percentiles depending on the course selected. The NITIE Mumbai cutoff of the PGDIM program is 97 and the cutoff of the PGDISEM program is usually above 90 percentile.
Ques. Does NITIE Bombay accept XAT score?
Ans. NITIE Bombay Admissions to PGDIM and PGDISEM programs are done the basis of candidates’ marks or percentile secured in CAT – Common Aptitude Test. Candidates having not cleared CAT will not be eligible for PG admissions. Management entrance exams like XAT, MAT or other examination scores will not be considered.
Ques. What financial aids are available at NITIE Bombay?
Ans. All the regular students admitted to the fellowship program will receive INR 25,000 during the first and second year of the program and INR 28,000 during the third and fourth year as per the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Candidates must note: One can avail only single stipend/ scholarship/ fee-waiver, no other financial assistance will be provided beyond 4 years.
Ques. What is the course-wise seat intake capacity at NITIE Bombay?
Ans. The number of seats as per program varies from course to course. The seat intake capacity of PGDIM and PGDISEM is 274 and 39 respectively. 15% of the total seats is reserved for international candidates in each course as per NITIE admission procedure.