Updated On - December 17th 2018
RMD Engineering College, Thiruvallur Admission 2019: Important dates, Scholarship, Reservation
Started in 2001-2002, RMD Engineering College (RMDEC) is a renowned engineering institute located at Kavaraipettai, 35km from Chennai. Affiliated to Anna University,RMD Engineering College(RMDEC) currently offers five UG programs in Engineering and Technology, a PG program inEngineeringalong with MBA and MCA course.
- The applicant must be a resident of Tamil Nadu state.
- BE / B.Tech candidates need to qualify 10+2 in science stream with PCM as compulsory subjects.
- ME candidates should possess agraduate degree in the relevant or allied discipline.
- BE / B.Tech candidates are selected through TNEA counselling.
- Candidates applying for ME program are selected through counselling on the basis of GATE score.
- ME candidates without a valid GATE score are required to take the TANCET exam.
- MBA and MCA candidates are selected on the basis of marks obtained in TANCET.
- Candidates applying for B.Tech program are required to apply through TNEA.
- ME candidates can apply with their GATE score.
- If a valid GATE score is not available, TANCET candidates are given preference unless the candidate is applying through management quota.
- Application forms for the courses can be filled and submitted online through the respective application portals.
- Payment of fees can be made via credit/debit card or net-banking.
- Those applying through offline mode must send copies of educational documents and a copy of fee payment receipt along with the completed application form.
- All candidates must attend the counselling session conducted by the university / institute as applicable.
- Reservation is provided as per norms set by the Government of India and AP State Government.
|Name of the University||R.M.D. Engineering College|
|University Type||Private (Autonomous)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||TNEA Counselling|
RMD Engineering College Important Dates 2019
|Entrance Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|GATE||September 05, 2019||October 09, 2019||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2019|
|TANCET||April 02, 2019||-||May 19-20, 2019|
|TNEA||May 3, 2019||june 2, 2019||-|
RMD Engineering College UG Admission 2019
RMD Engineering College offers full-time undergraduate degree programs in engineering in multiple disciplines including Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics and Instrumentation and Information Technology.Degree awarded by this institute is a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree with the exception for a B.Tech degree in Information Technology only.
Candidates seeking admission to BE program should have passed 10+2 in science stream.Admission to undergraduate programs offered by the college is subject to merit and rank secured by the candidate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA 2019) counselling. Shortlisted candidates are called for counselling where seats are allotted based on their merit.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|B. E.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||10+2 in science stream with 50% average marks in PCM||TNEA counselling|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Information Technology (B. Tech)|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.|
Candidates seeking admission in RMDEC can apply for TNEA through both online and offline mode. Payment of the requisite fees can be paid online or via demand draft.
- Selection of candidates based on marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100) in the qualifying examination.
- Sri Lankan Tamil refugee candidates are also eligible to apply for TNEA
- The minimum required percentile for reserved categories is 45% for OBC & minority caste, 40% for SC/ST candidates
RMDEngineering College PG Admission 2019
R.M.D. Engineering Collegeoffers admission to PG level courses i.e. ME, MBA and MCA on the basis of performance in graduation, number of attempts in last qualifying exam etc. Candidates who have appeared for GATE /TANCET are eligible to apply for admission. All shortlisted applicants are required to attend counselling conducted by Anna University.
The minimum required eligibility criterion for admission to the PG courses offered by the university is a bachelors’ degree in the relevant stream.
- Candidate should have a BE or B.Tech degree or a M.Sc degree in Computer Science for admission to the ME program.
- Candidates with a graduate degree in any discipline can apply for MBA course.
- For MCA admission, candidate must possess a BCA / B.Sc. IT or equivalent degree in the relevant or allied discipline.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|M.E.||Computer Science & Engineering||B.E./ B. Tech in the relevant or allied discipline with minimum 50% marks||GATE / TANCET |
|MBA||Business Studies||Graduation with minimum 50% marks|
Application forms can be filled through both offline and online mode. Application fee can be paid via debit / credit card, net-banking or through a demand draft for the prescribed fee.
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in order to apply for any of the UG programs.
- Candidates without a valid GATE score are required to take TANCET
- For MBA admissions, scores obtained in Common Entrance Tests (CET) such as CAT / MAT / XAT etc. are accepted by Anna University.
- First preference is given to the local candidates from Tamil Nadu state.
RMD Engineering College Application Process 2019
For B.Tech programs:
Candidates seeking admission to undergraduate level engineering courses offered by RMD Engineering College are required to apply through TNEA counselling. The process of application is as follows:
- Firstly, candidate should register for TNEA by using his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email, 12th standard registration number and passing year.
- Once the registration is successful, the candidate can proceed to fill the online application form.
- All requisite details must be provided in the application form.
- Payment of TNEA application fee (INR 500 for general candidates and INR 250 for reserved category) can be done online.
- A printout of the complete application form should be taken for future correspondence.
- A copy of the printed application from, accompanied by photocopies of educational documents, must be sent to “Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025,”.
The following documents will have to be submitted along with TNEA 2107 application form:
- HSC/Equivalent Mark Sheet
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC & BCM.
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
For ME/ M.Tech, MBA & MCA
Candidates applying for M. Tech, MBA and MCA courses are required to apply through TANCET. The process of application for TANCET is as follows:
- Candidate should apply for TANCET by registering through the official website.
- Both online and offline modes of application are offered by TANCET.
- Candidates are required to send a copy of the complete application form and photocopies of all relevant documents to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”
- In the event that the application fee has not been paid online, a demand draft of INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved category) is to be enclosed with the application form.
- All TANCET applicants are required to take their respective tests on the assigned dates.
- Qualifying candidates are called for a university-levelcounselling based on which seats are allotted.
Documents Required for TANCET counselling:
- X Std. Mark sheet
- XII Std. Mark sheet or Diploma (3 years) Certificate
- Qualifying degree Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- Mark sheet of all semesters or consolidated mark sheet
- TANCET Call Letter
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied
- Valid GATE score card for (Engineering/Technology) category
- Valid GATE score card and TANCET Hall Ticket for GATE (Engineering Science XE/Life Science XL) category
- TANCET Hall Ticket, TANCET Mark Sheet
- Permanent Community Certificate in card or in electronic form for BC / BCM, MBC / DNC & SC / SCA / ST contenders of Tamil Nadu
- Certificate from District Medical Board for Differently Able candidates (if Applicable)
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-Certificate. (if Applicable)
- Copy of identification certificate obtained from the Head Quarters Tahsidar or Visa, Passport and letter registered in Police Station (For Srilankan Refugee candidates)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
RMD Engineering College Reservation 2019
Reservation is offered as per norms set by Government of India. Tamil Nadu candidates are given first preference than other state candidates. Also, candidates who have appeared for TANCET are given preference over candidates who haveappeared for GATE.
Candidates seeking admission against special reservation of seats under Eminent Sports Person quota should submit the online application, the special reservation form for Sports and payment details for INR 100 and copies of the relevant certificates in person to the Secretary TNEA. Such applications received by Post / Courier will be rejected under Sports Quota.
RMD Engineering College Scholarship 2019
In addition to scholarships awarded by the Government of Tamil Nadu for BC/SC/ST students, the college has initiated 10 Scholarships of the value of INR 5000 to be given to the needy, deserving and meritorious students. The following scholarships are also available:
- Shri S.R. Rajendra Naidu Memorial Scholarship
- Shri R. Vijayaraghavalu Naidu Memorial Scholarship
- Shri. M.R. Krishnaswamy Naidu Memorial Scholarship
- Smt. Kanthammal Memorial Scholarship
- Shri G.R. Naidu Memorial Scholarship
- Shri R. Swaminatha Naidu Memorial Scholarship
- Shri R. Swaminatha Naidu & Smt. Lakshmikanthammal Memorial Scholarship
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College