Rajasthan Institute of Engineering and Technology (RIET), Jaipur, is a premier technical & management institution, which was established in the year 2000 by a prominent group of Educationists and Philanthropists, Chandrawati Education Society, with a vision of establishing a World Class Education and Training Institute that creates a vibrant community of Intellectuals and Entrepreneurs by generating creativity, competence and commitment in their character to ensure sustainable development of society. The institution is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi and it is duly affiliated with Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota. The institute offers many specializations of engineering disciplines at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels with MCA and MBA Courses altogether as a part of the curriculum.
Know more about RIET Jaipur Admission Process
RIET Jaipur Highlights:
Type of Institution
Chandrawati Education Society
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota
29,300 textbooks and 155 journals
No. of departments
Bhankrota, Ajmer Road
Jaipur - 302026, Rajasthan, India
RIET Jaipur Courses:
Under RIET Jaipur Admission 2019, the institute offers various engineering courses at the UG and PG levels. At the undergraduate level, the institution provides 7 engineering specializations, viz. B.Tech in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics Communication, Electrical Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering whereas at the PG level, RIET Jaipur offers M.Tech in 6 specializations (Digital Communication, Production Engineering, Power Systems, Computer Science, VLSI Design, and Software Engineering). The institute also provides MBA (in Finance, Marketing, HRM, and IT) and MCA programs which add charms to its glory.
Know more about Rajasthan Institute of Engineering and Technology Fees
RIET Jaipur Admission:
Applications to various offered courses by the institution can be done through the official website of the institute. Admissions to B.Tech courses are done on a valid 10+2 pass certificate with 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Technical Vocational subject/ Biology from any recognized university. For M.Tech admissions, a candidate should have a valid B.Tech/B.E. degree in a relevant discipline with 55% aggregate marks. For MBA admission, candidates should be graduates from any recognized university in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. For MCA admission, Candidates should have studied a Degree course with minimum 3 years duration (after 10+2), with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Engineering and Technology as a Main/ Subsidiary/ Core subject at the Degree level with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. 5% of relaxation is given in the aggregate marks for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories of the Rajasthan State only.
RIET Jaipur Departments:
The university offers its prime courses at different levels through the following listed departments:
- Department of Applied Science
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering & Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of MBA
- Department of MCA
- Department of Ph.D. Research Center (RTU)
RIET Jaipur Placement:
The RIET Training & Placement (T&P) Cell is on a target to ensure a safe, secure and bright career for its students. It provides internship to the candidates to make them industry ready and support them to catch the chances of recruitment. The T&P Cell of the institution guides the students on work options, internship updates & recruitment opportunities. The cell has so many tie-ups and MoUs with various organizations to boost maximum placement opportunities for the interested candidates. Some of the prominent recruiters of the institution are Coca Cola, Siemens, Oracle, Jindal Steel & Power, Microsoft, Muthoot Finance, NBTC Group, TATA, and Tech Mahindra, etc. Some of the stats related to the placement session of the institution so far are given below:
No. of Recruiters till date
Placement Drive by renowned companies in 2018-19
Total average placement percentage each year
Highest International CTC
USD 90,000 Per Annum
Highest Domestic CTC (LPA)
INR 31.63 Lakhs Per Annum
Know more about Rajasthan Institute of Engineering and Technology Placements
RIET Jaipur Scholarship:
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme: The institute has a Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme of AICTE. Under the scheme, 100% tuition fee of meritorious candidates from each branch from financially weaker category has been waived off in all 4 years of B.Tech.
- RIET Students are liable for numerous scholarship offerings of Social Justice & Empowerment Department, Government of Rajasthan.
- Academic Performance: On the grounds of Academic performance, RIET Management provides scholarship to worthy candidates.
RIET Jaipur Activities:
- Cultural Society- For co-curricular activities, a cultural society was established in 2001. It conducts activities like quizzes, debates, seminars, extempore presentation, group discussions, and dance competition.
- Literary Club Hogwarts is an organization of students which conducts group discussions, mock interviews, debates, and quizzes for personality and communication skill development of students.
- NSS- NSS students participate in national programs like anti-dowry and AIDS prevention program.
- Technical Society of RIET Technodiction is a national level tech fest that organizes tech events like technical quiz, paper presentation, software presentation, and hardware.
- Sports Club RIET students are encouraged to participate in sports. There are facilities for cricket, volleyball, basketball, table tennis & badminton.
- Student Activity Centre RIET's Novel initiative to harbor and harness talent, leadership skills, organizational skills of its student and utilize it for the all-round development of every individual within its being
- Library: The institute has a central library in its premises with all supporting materials and constituent supplies such as 29,300 printed books and 155 Journals and Magazines.