Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology is sponsored by Sri Balaji Educational and Charitable Public Trust. It is located in a beautiful, scenic location in an area of 30 acres at Kirumambakkam. The campus is well connected by road and rail service. The college has got its approval from AICTE for its various courses. Pondicherry University has provided affiliation to the college.
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Department of Bio-Medical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
A total of 117 students were placed in various companies for the session 2012-13. V-dart Software Services Pvt. Ltd has recruited 40 students.
The library is fully automatic & air conditioned. There is a huge collection of books and reference books along with journals and magazines. Collection includes 28,074 books and 5650 titles, 72 printed national journals and 3142 international journals, magazines, 433 back volumes, and 1888 CDs & DVDs.
Separate residential complex with excellent facility accommodates both boys and girls. The construction work of a separate hostel with 1, 00,000 Sq. ft. is on nits way and it will be ready in coming days.
Tremendous facilities for games and sports like cricket, football, basketball, volleyball etc. are available in the college. Well-equipped gymnasium is available in the hostel campus.
Various cultural and extra-curricular activities are organized in the college on regular basis. Students are encouraged to participate in the activities so as to develop their skills.
- National Service Scheme: The NSS team is providing its services since the time of its inauguration in the campus. The team is of 100 hard working volunteers.
- Youth Red Cross: The Main purpose of organizing the Youth Red Cross is to inculcate in the Youth of our country awareness on the care of their own health and that of others.
- Renewable Energy Club: This club creates awareness about renewable sources of energy among students and staff. It also works on the various measures to conserve energy.
- Red Ribbon Club: This club spread awareness among college going students to prevent themselves from HIV/AIDS.
- Rotract Club
- Literary Club