Pondicherry University is a central university, established in 1985. It offers Postgraduate and Doctoral level programs in regular mode as well as distance education programs. In addition to regular courses, the university also runs 26 Diploma / Certificate Add-On Courses in the evening session. Admission to all the courses is based on entrance exam conducted by the university except for M.Sc. (Biotechnology). For M.Sc. Biotechnology, admission is done through JNU CEEB. Pondicherry University has more than 90 affiliated colleges.
Click here to check latest updates of Pondicherry University 2018
To know detailed information about Pondicherry University Admission 2018
Check Pondicherry University Fees Structure
Highlights of Pondicherry University
|Founded in ||October 16, 1985|
|Type of University||Central University|
|Accredited By||"A" GRADE BY NAAC|
|Programmes Offered||P.G. and Doctoral program|
|Affiliated Colleges||97 +|
|Library||Books (Print) – 2,07,614|
E-journals, - 24,236
|Campuses||Karaikal and Port Blair|
|Situated on||Chennai-Puducherry East Coast Road (ECR)|
|How to Reach Us||165 km south of Chennai metropolitan city|
11 Km (25 minutes) north of Puducherry Bus Stand
Pondicherry University Admission 2018
For Pondicherry University admission to Master’s degree programs, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree, whereas, in case of the integrated courses, the students should have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board. The university conducts separate entrance exams for PG and Ph.D. programs. The entrance test is conducted through online mode only.
Pondicherry University PG Admission 2018:
The university offers MBA, M.Tech, MCA, MA, M.Sc., M.Com., M.Ed., M.LIS., MPA, MSW, M.P.Ed., LL.M and PG diploma programs. The minimum eligibility for all the PG courses is that the candidates must have done a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream. Selection is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. For more information and latest updates related to PG courses admission, kindly go through Pondicherry University PG Admissions 2018
Pondicherry University Ph.D. Admission 2018:
Pondicherry University provides full-time and part-time Ph.D. programs in multiple streams. The minimum eligibility for the Ph.D. program is Master’s degree with 55% marks. Selection is done through an entrance exam. Click here to check more details about Pondicherry University Ph.D. Admission 2018
Pondicherry University Integrated Courses Admission 2018:
The University also offers Integrated MA and M.Sc. programs in multiple streams. The minimum eligibility for these programs is 10+2 with 50% marks and selection is done on the basis of scores obtained in the entrance exam conducted by the university.
For more information related to Pondicherry University Integrated Courses admission, the candidates can check the Pondicherry University Prospectus 2018
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2018
Pondicherry University entrance exams are conducted to offer admission in PG/ Ph.D. courses. The registration process for PG/ Ph.D. regular courses generally commences from the first week of April and the entrance exams are conducted in the last week of May every year. Students seeking admission can log on to the official website in order to fill the Pondicherry University application form.
- The paper will consist of 100 Multiple Choice questions to be answered within a time duration of 120 minutes.
- 4 marks will be allotted for every correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Application forms can be submitted online through the university website by following the instructions given therein.
- Candidates can apply for more than one course with a separate application fee. Application fee of INR 250 (Rs. 125/- for SC/ST candidates) can be submitted through the online/ offline mode of payment.
Note: Pondicherry University entrance exam results are released on the official website within 15 days from the date of examination. Selected/ waitlist candidates can check their status and report to the concerned university department as per the admission schedule. Separate course-wise lists are issued by the University for PG and Ph.D. programs.
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Results 2018
Pondicherry University offers admission to PG and Ph.D. programs on the basis of entrance examination every year in the months of May and June which is known as Pondicherry University Entrance Examination. The university conducts entrance examination in 34 cities across India. This year, the result was declared on June 08, 2018. Visit the official website of the university and login to the Online Admission Portal in order to check the result.
Pondicherry University Counselling Schedule 2018
The university has conducted counselling in the last week of June after the declaration of the result. This year, the counselling has started from June 27, 2018. The interview schedule for Ph.D. program commences in the month of July. This academic year, the interview is scheduled between June 27, 2018 to July 16, 2018.
For PG Courses, selected/Waitlisted candidates need to report to the concerned Head of the department at 10 AM along with original certificates and documents mentioned below with the required fees.
Original and Xerox Documents required at the time of admission:
- SSC certificate/Mark statement for age proof
- HSC or its equivalent Certificate/Marks Statement
- Degree/ Provisional Certificate for
- OBC with Non- Creamy Layer certificate recently issued by Competent Authority, in case of OBC candidate
- Recently issued SC/ST/PH/Pondicherry Residence certificate/Karaikal Residence Certificate from competent authority as applicable
- Migration/Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended
- Two stamp size colour photograph (For Group Medical Insurance Policy)
- Soft copy of colour passport size photograph in a CD (for Library and ID Card)
Pondicherry University Results – Semester/ Year End Examinations 2018
The university follows odd and even semester pattern for all its courses. End-semester examinations are usually conducted in the month of December and July for odd and even semesters, respectively. The results are published on the university website usually within a few days after end semester examinations.
Pondicherry University students can check their results by following the given steps:
- Candidates should log on to the official website of Pondicherry University
- Once the homepage loads on the browser, candidates should click on the “Examinations” tab
- Now, click on “examination results” link provided on the next page
- Then, the candidate should enter his/her “Registration Number” and select the course name along with the corresponding semester for which he/she wants to check the result
- Upon clicking on “submit” button, the result will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates should download the result and take a printout of the same for future reference
Pondicherry University Distance Education
The University has entered in the field of Distance Education in the academic year 1995 – 96 to cater to the aspirations of the students who otherwise could not pursue higher education through on-campus mode of education. To reach out to all those students who are away from the mainstream academics, the university has conceived several innovative and job oriented academic programs. It offers MA, M.Com, and MBA programs through distance education mode.
For more details about Pondicherry University Distance Education
Pondicherry University Ranking 2018
Pondicherry University Scholarship
- The university provides free education to all the differently-abled students and offers rent-free accommodation to all girl students.
- For PG programs, the university provides scholarships to the candidates who score the highest percentage in the entrance examination and those who secure excellent marks in semester examination.