SSM College of Engineering is situated in the city of Namakkal in Tamil Nadu state. It was established in the year of 1998 under the approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The college was established by the ‘Gnanathandhai’ SSM Subramaniam and is headed by the Chairman ‘Cavalier’ Dr. M. S. Mathivaanan. SSMCE is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. SSMCE Namakkal has acquired 8th place in the rankings for the Anna University Engineering Colleges.
SSM College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1998 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated By||Anna University|
|Entrance Exam||TNEA/ TANCET|
|Facilities Available||Library, Counselling & Guidance, Computing, Auditorium & Conference Hall, Language Lab, Hostel, Sports, Transportation|
SSM College of Engineering Courses
SSMCE Namakkal offers UG courses and PG courses in B.E., B. Tech, and M.E., M. Tech respectively. All the courses are mentioned in the following table along with its specializations and eligibility.
|B.E. (Regular entry and Lateral entry)||Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering||Intermediate graduate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.|
|B. Tech (Regular entry and Lateral entry)||Information Technology, Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry, Petro Chemical Technology, Petroleum Engineering|
|M.E. / M. Tech||Computer Science and Engineering, Applied Electronics, Thermal Engineering, Textile Chemistry||Bachelor’s degree in relevant stream with 50% in examinations and a valid score in the TANCET examination|
|MBA||Business Administration||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks|
Click here SSM College of Engineering Courses & Fees
SSM College of Engineering Admission
Admissions for B.E. and B. Tech. courses are done through the TNEA counseling which is conducted by the Tamil Nadu state government. Both the regular entry and lateral entry admissions are done in the same manner. The only difference is that regular entry duration is 4 years whereas the lateral admission students join directly in the second year and the duration for lateral entry is 3 years. Similarly, the admission for M.E. and M. Tech. courses are done based on the TANCET score. While the MBA admission is done directly without any entrance exam or counseling. But the candidates must fulfill the basic eligibility criteria for the admission of an MBA.
|Course Name||Duration||Admission process||For more details|
|B.E. Regular||4 years||TNEA||Click Here|
|B.E. Lateral Entry||3 years||TNEA||Click Here|
|M.E. / M. Tech||2 years||TANCET||Click Here|
Know more SSM College of Engineering Admission
SSM College of Engineering Placement
SSMCE consists of a training and placement cell which prepares the final year students for the campus interviews. The main job of the cell is to collect the list of eligible candidates’ details from all the departments and provide the list of the respective recruiting companies. Every year different kinds of companies from various sectors visit the campus drive conducted by the college. Some of the regular recruiters who visit the campus driver are famous companies like Accenture, UST Global, FPT Software, Hexaware Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Axis Bank, etc.
SSM College of Engineering Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Library: Large central library which consists of about 50,000 books and access to about 350 national and international journals of various streams. The library is open to all students and both students and faculties can borrow books from the library.
- Counseling & Guidance: Separate counseling and guidance are provided to the students regarding their professional careers.
- Computing: About 400 computers are available in the entire SSMCE campus across all the computer laboratories and libraries. All the computers are provided with a dedicated internet facility of about 6 Mbps. All the students are free to access the internet.
- Conference Hall: Air-conditioned conference and seminar halls capable of seating numerous students are available. The halls are equipped with digital AV projection systems.
- Auditorium: A large auditorium capable of seating 3000 persons at a time is present on the campus. It is useful for conducting cultural functions, convocations, annual day celebrations, etc.
- Sports: The students are encouraged to participate in both outdoor games like Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Shuttle cork, Tennis, and indoor games like Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess, etc. These games are helpful for the students to balance both their body and mind.
Click here SSM College of Engineering Hostel
SSM College of Engineering Faculty
There are a total of 134 faculty members in the SSMCE across all departments. Almost all the faculty members have completed their master’s degree and some of them have also completed their doctoral degrees. Both the combination of experience and talent are present within the faculty members.
Read more SSM College of Engineering Faculty
SSM College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. When do the batches start for the first semester?
Ques. What is the address of SSMCE college?
Ques. Whether the hostel facility is available in the SSMCE college?
Ques. Whether non-vegetarian foods are served for the hostel students?
Ques. Whether transport facilities are provided in the college?
Ques. What is the last year TNEA cut off for the B. Tech Textile Chemistry?