Shri Vishnu Engineering College for Women is a was founded by Sri Vishnu Educational Society in 2001. The college is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada since 2011 and was accredited in 2008 by NBA for 5 years. The college offers Bachelor and Master Courses in various field of Technology. It also offers Professional Programme in Business and Computer Application.
SVECW has been chosen as the Best Consumer of APEPDCL in West Godavari District for use of alternative energy resources. The college has also been granted autonomous status by UGC. SVECW has an area of 100 acres consists of building, residence, auditorium, playgrounds, colleges or parking. The institute was awarded the Global Performance Excellence Award by Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO) on 15th October 2012
- Ranked #183rd out of 200 Top Engineering Colleges by NIRF
- Ranked #100 out of 200 top Engineering Colleges by India Today
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA|
The institute offers the following courses along with the respective specializations:
|B.Tech||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 level with Science subjects having Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Artificial Intelligence and Data Science|
|M.Tech||VLSI Design||Valid BE, B.Tech or B.Sc degree in Engineering studies from a recognized university.|
|Computer Science and Engineering- CSE|
|MBA||-||Minimum 50% marks in Graduate degree level|
Read more: SVECW Courses and Fees
- The mode of application of any course in SVECW is offline. Candidates need to contact the administrative office of SVECW and register for enrollment by submitting intermediate/degree result details.
- For EAMCET application, visit the official website of EAMCET and fill in and submit the online application after paying examination fees of INR 507.
- For PGECET application, register at the official website and after payment of application fees (Gen: INR 800; SC/ST: INR 400).
- For GATE application, visit the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) and submit the application form online after payment of application fees online (Gen: INR 1500; SC/ST/PwD: INR 750).
- For ICET application, apply on the official website after making an online payment of INR 450. Payment can also be done at AP Online centers.
Read more: SVECW Admission
The institute has a dedicated training and placement cell which is actively working towards providing students with placement opportunities as well as professional training. The recruiters at SVECW include some of the biggest names in the industry such as Accenture, Capgemini, Hyundai Mobis, Infosys, TCS, IBM, HCL, Hexaware, Cognizant, Flipkart, Wipro, Adobe, Amazon, L&T, Mahindra, and several others.
In the 2016-2020 batch, a total of 789 students have been placed so far at the above-mentioned companies with Capgemini and Accenture being the top recruiters.
Read more: SVECW Placement
The institute offers students state of the art infrastructure are world-class facilities. The provisions accessible to students are as follows:
- Library: The college has Digitalized Central Library well equipped with all the good books of the different subjects taught here. There are 50,731 Books, 7,766 Titles and 958 Journal Back Volumes.
- Auditorium: The SVECW facilitates an Indoor Auditorium, Open-air-Auditorium, Mini-Auditorium and numerous Seminar Halls. The college has a well-furnished and well-equipped seminar hall which can accommodate 250 members each.
- Computer Center: The computer center has more than 3000 computer terminals. The campus also has unlimited WiFi connectivity.
- Boat Club- A boating club was set up in the premises for the recreation of the students. Presently it has three boats and the pond is located in the northeast corner of the third phase of the campus
Read more: SVECW Hostel