Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science, Pune,was established in 2004. This college is a premium self-financed institute, under the strong Sinhgad Institutes brand is one of the reputed technical institutes of Maharashtra. It is the 5th Engineering College of the group, located at Narhe, Pune.
- It is knownfor its academic excellence and is committed to provide quality education as per the standards set by NBA.
- It has necessary academic infrastructure including state-of-the art computer center and well-stocked library with National and International Books & Journals. AICTE’s expert committee has approved our Engineering labs and workshop.
- More than 90% placements in campus interviws.
Further to the economic slow down in the current year 2013-14 has reflected in reducing entry level recruitment at corporate . The dedicated efforts in enhancing corporate relationship , new tie up with best corporate & developing edge in our students to compete the current market scenario has helped us in crossing placement of 70 % + eligible students as on date (15th May'14). We are planning to conduct around 15-20 campus drives even after the examination to help balance eligible students and enhance our placement scenario.
Number of Campus Drives conducted
Special achievement for Academic year 2012-13:
- This year we could manage to bring 35 new companies for the campus drive.
- Esteemed Company “Symmantec“ visited us for the 1 st time & selected 6 students with package ranging between 7 - 9 LPA
- Total number of opportunities received from these Mass Recruiters are 556 and 412 students accepted the offers to make career in these companies and we have achieved 74% yield.
Special achievement for Academic year 2011-12:
- Cognizant : 395
- Accenture : 335
- Microsoft : Two students got selected with a package of Rs. 10.20 lac p.a.
- Mercedes Benz : Special campus drive arranged for R&D lab & 7 students got selected.
- John Deere : Conducted special drive for Sinhgad & recruited 3 students for their R&D offering package of Rs. 4.5 lac p.a.
- 26 New companies (11 IT related & 15 Core related) visited our campus for the 1st time.Average salary package for Academic year is Rs. 3.25 lac
Canteen and Boarding: Hygienically prepared food provided at economic rates.
Water Treatment Plant
Campus Wide Wi-Fi: The campus is connected to world wide web network though Wi-Fi connectivity not only in the hostel building but also in all open spaces including cafeteria, corridors and mess.
Sports Centre: The campus has already developed an international standard sports complex for indoor and outdoor games like badminton, Swimming, chess, carom, table tennis, cricket, basketball, football, hockey etc. the swimming pool facility with separate timings for ladies and gents.
No. of Titles of Books
No. of Volumes
E & TC
Engg. Science(Electrical, civil,App. Sci. & Humanities)
Total no. of Books
Conferences and Seminars:
Name Of Author
Title Of Paper
Location and Year
Khandekar Sachin Dadu
Time series forecasting of Brahmaputra River flow using Wavelet – Neural Network Hybrid Model
International Conference on “AWRDM – 2013” organized by NIH & Punjab University at Punjab Uni. Chandigarh during 23rd Oct. to 27th Oct.2013.
Khandekar Sachin Dadu
Applications of Wavelet Transform Technique in Hydrology – A Brief Review
“ENSURE 2012”, Held at IIT Guwahati, Between 24th and 26thFebruary, 2012
Control of major pollutants by Bioremediation: A case study river Mutha
Atlas Copco awarded Krutika Female Engineering Scholarship worth Rs. 50,000/- to the third year Mechanical Engineering topper. Atlas Copco also donated technical books for the development of Technical Library towards the benefit of our students
Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.