Established in 2009, Theem College of Engineering, Palghar has been since managed by Haji Jamaluddin Thim Trust. TCOE Palghar courses include BE and Polytechnic. Admission is provided on the basis of composite score i.e., marks obtained after adding 50% of MHT-CET/ JEE Main marks and 50% of normalized standard Higher Secondary Examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or its equivalent examination marks. However, the candidates are eligible only if they have completed the Higher Secondary School Examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Education or its equivalent.
Read More: TCOE Palghar Cut off
Theem College of Engineering, Palghar offers 4-year Bachelor of Engineering in the following branches:
|Computer Science Engineering||60|
|Information Technology Engineering||60|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||60|
The courses offered are:
Duration - 4 years
Eligibility - 10+2 with 75%, JEE Main and MHT-CET
Specialization - Mechanical, Automobile, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical
Electronics and Telecommunication, and Information Technology
Duration - 3 years
Specialization - Mechanical, Civil, and Computer Science
The application forms for the admissions under Institute level quota and seats remaining vacant after CAP round are available during the office timings on all working days. The application form can only be filled offline.
Read More: TCOE Palghar Fee Structure
Eligibility criteria for admission to the college are that the candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent examination and secured a minimum of 50% marks (minimum of 45% in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with disability candidates from Maharashtra state only) and the candidate should have obtained a positive composite score i.e., marks obtained after the addition of 50% of MHT-CET/JEE Main marks to 50% of Higher Secondary Examination Marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
How to apply?
- The application form for admissions under Institute level quota and seats remaining vacant after CAP round will be available in the college office in the working hours on working days.
- Applicants looking for admission must submit an application form finished in all regards in office according to schedule/dates reported by the Principal of the school. Deficient applications are rejected. The duplicates of certificates attached ought to be confirmed by the Principal of school/college from which the applicant has passed the qualifying assessment or Gazetted official or Special Executive Officer or Teaching Staff of Government school, not underneath the position of teacher. Original certificates are not required to be attached in the application form.
- Copies of the following documents are to be attached along with the application form.
- SSC Marksheet
- HSC Marksheet
- School leaving certificate after passing HSC
- Maharashtra Domicile certificate
- JEE Main merit card
- For Backward caste candidates, Caste Certificate/Caste Validity Certificate/Non-creamy layer certificate
For out of Maharashtra state HSC & Diploma students:
Eligibility certificate from University of Mumbai
Five passport size photographs
Theem College of Engineering also has its Placement and Training cell for the students to develop right attitudes, soft skills, motivation to achieve strong technical and analytical capabilities, and enabling them to perform well in their professional careers by giving them exposure to the needs of the corporate world. The highest package obtained by a student with the help of the training and placement cell was INR 3 LPA with the average packages bagged by the students to be INR 1.5 LPA.
Read More: TCOE Palghar Placements
Along with fulfilling all the academic requirements, the college also provides students with a lot of facilities.
- Library: The library has a decent collection of Project reports, bound volumes of journals, research articles, and Rare Books. It has a different collection of varying media material and Reference Books. The Library has an online journal Portal for Open Source Journals. A separate collection of in excess of 1778 CDs, Floppies, and DVDs covering a tremendous scope of subjects like Software, Communication Skills, Management abilities, Personal Management, Quantitative Aptitude Test, Aptitude test GATE, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL. It has additionally kept up University schedule, Previous Year question papers/Question Banks, Old Project Reports rundown, and Manuals, Handbooks, and Newspapers Clippings are likewise accessible in the library.
- Boys Hostel: Good hostel accommodation is available for boys because of the hostel facility provided by the college.
- Girls Hostel: Good hostel accommodation is available for girls because of the hostel facility provided by the college.
- Medical/Hospital Facilities: There is an on-campus health center with a first aid facility for the faculty and students.
- Gym: A gym is also provided within the campus to the students to keep themselves fit.
- Sports: The school has made indoor & outdoor games facilities for the students to keep them fit & to build up a sportsmanship spirit. The accompanying sports were composed at Inter-Collegiate level effectively and a lot of engineering colleges and other colleges from Thane District partook.
- I.T. Infrastructure: For the purpose of research and education, the college provides a ton of computing resources. The college is equipped with more than 125 high-performance desktops running Linux or Windows OS.
- Cafeteria: The staff and students are also provisioned with a canteen facility.
- Auditorium: An auditorium is also built to solve the purpose of seminars and events.
- Laboratories: The school has a department based lab facility for the students. automotive framework lab, I.C. motor lab, vehicle maintenance autotronics lab, environment engineering concrete technology hardware & networking lab, and multimedia lab.
- Alumni Associations: The college has good networking as far as the alumni association is concerned.
- Transport Facility: There are 9 buses that ply from the Boisar station to the college campus and are owned by the college itself. They are comfortable and safe.
- Guest Room/ Waiting Room: The college also provides a waiting room/ guest room for visiting faculty and family members of the students.
Ques. Is it a good college for students who don’t believe in spoon-feeding?
Ans. Yes, you could very say that it is because of the fact that almost 30% of the students get placed here at the college. The average salary package offered is INR 2 LPA. Top recruiting companies include Sintel, Business Access, Jindal, CMS Infotech.
And to top it all, the college does not provide even a platform to search for internships, students have to do them on their own.
Ques. Does the college provide any scholarship?
Ans. No, there is no scholarship or loan facility available at the college. However, the Maharashtra state government provides scholarships based on different communities and also, cast-based scholarships.
Ques. What is the JEE Main cut off to get admission into the college?
Ans. The JEE Main cut off for admission to the college is as follows:
|Computer Science Engineering||25396|
|Information Technology Engineering||40523|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||43771|
Ques. How is the course structure at the Theem College of Engineering?
Ans. The course curriculum at the college is good so much so that they support seven branches or departments. The exams are conducted within the college and the exam answer sheets for 2nd and 3rd-year students are checked by the college faculty.
Students usually like the relationship they build with the faculty and find them extremely helpful. The course structure is, however, more theory-based than practical based.
Ques. Is the college expensive?
Ans. The students have to pay two kinds of fees, namely, tuition fees and other fees. The other fee amounts to INR 14,520 which includes bus fees.