Walchand Institute of Technology (WIT), established in 1983, is the oldest engineering college in Solapur, India. WIT is managed by Shri Aillak Pannalal Digambar Jain Pathashala Trust and is named after Seth Walchand Hirachand, one of India's pioneers of industrial development.
- The institute is affiliated with Solapur University (previously to Shivaji University)
- Approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi
- Recognized by the Government of Maharashtra as "A" Grade Institution
- The institute began with production engineering, environmental engineering, and electronics engineering branches
- Performance of cache in Superscalar Architecture and its significance in Multiprocessor architectures
- Internet Banking Fraud Detection Using HMM
- In the academic year 2010-2011 about 370+ students are placed through campus recruitments
- TECHNOXtreme - 09 JDIET, Yavatmal
- ELECTRICA - Technical Exhibition based on Communication and Electronics Eng.
- CNC Training at MTAB Chennai
- Several Hostels are available for students
- In certain hostels three, four or even more students are accommodated in each room
- All indoor and outdoor games facility is provided by WIT
- WIT provides internet facility by WI-FI with up to 8 MBPS speed
- CISA Annual Prize Distribution- cash prizes and the certificates were given to the winner at the end of the semester
- Project Competion at WITchar09 WIT Solapur and won 3rd Prize.