Solapur University, also known as SU, is the youngest state university in Maharasthra which offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses along with M.Phil and Doctorate Degrees. The university has more than 100 affiliated colleges and institutions in and around Solapur. Admission is done on the basis of merit scored in the entrance test conducted by the university. Known for its student-centric services, the university provides an e-Suvidha facility to students who can avail of various services such as employment assistance and administrative services.
Solapur University Important Dates
|Registration Date for MA/M.Sc Entrance Exam||05 Nov - 17 Nov, 2020|
|Entrance Exam Dates for MA/M.Sc||24 Nov - 27 Nov, 2020|
|Result Declaration for M/M.Sc Entrance Exam||01 Dec, 2020|
|MA/M.Sc Counselling Round 1||04 Dec, 2020|
|MA/M.Sc Counselling Round 2||08 Dec, 2020|
|Spot Admission Date||11 Dec, 2020|
Solapur University Highlights
|Established | Type||2004 | State University|
|Accredited by||NAAC – ‘B’ Grade|
|Campus area||35.5 acres|
|Type of Programs||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Application mode||Online and Offline|
|Total Students | Faculty||700 | 25|
Solapur University Courses
The university is known for offering a wide array of UG and PG programs along with M.Phil and Doctorate Degrees.
|M.Sc||Physics; Electronics Materials Science; Applied Geology; Mathematics; Botany; Environmental Science||Graduate in B.Sc with relevant discipline|
|M.Com||-||Graduate in B.Com/ BBA/ MBA/ BCA|
|M.A||History; Sociology; Rural Development; Mass Communication; English; Sanskrit; Hindi||Graduate in any discipline|
|BBA||-||Intermediate graduate in any subject|
|B.Sc||Entire Computer Science||Intermediate graduate with Science subjects|
Additionally, the university also offers M.Phil and Doctorate degrees in different subjects as well.
Solapur University Schools
Solapur University has now implemented the concept of the school system and has decided to unite its various departments under various schools, namely:
- School of Chemical Sciences.
- School of Computational Sciences.
- School of Earth Sciences.
- School of Physical Sciences.
- School of Social Sciences.
- School of Education.
- School of Commerce and Management.
Check Solapur University Fees
Solapur University Admission
The University conducts an online as well as an offline mode of application processing. Candidates wishing to apply in any of the programs can submit the application form on the official website of the university as well as they can also download the same from the official portal.
For admission in the UG programs, applicants should have passed class 12 in relevant subjects from any recognized board. The selection is based on the performance in SU-CET, an entrance exam which is conducted by the university.
Those who wish to apply for PG courses should have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream from a well-recognized university or institute. The final selection is based on the entrance score namely- SU-CET. The university will conduct its own exam for admission to PG courses.
Candidates having Master’s degree in the relevant subjects from Solapur University or any other university are eligible to apply for M.Phil and Ph.D. programs.
Tabulated below are the reserved categories decided by the University:
|Category||% of seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||13%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7%|
|Other Backward Classes||19%|
|Social and Educational Backward Class (SEBC)||16%|
|Financially weaker sections (EWS)||10%|
|Nomadic Tribes (Dhanagar & Similar Tribes)||3.5%|
Click here Solapur University Admission
Solapur University Scholarships
The university offers financial assistance to meritorious and deserving students. Following are some of the names of the same:
- Scholarship for SC students
- Rajashri Shahu Maharaj Gunvatta scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
- Merit cum Means based scholarship
- Scheme from Tribal Welfare Department
Read more: Solapur University Scholarship
Solapur University Facilities
- Library: There are more than 30,000 volumes of books, theses, dissertations, journals, special publications in the University Library. It subscribes to 114 national and 32 international journals. The Library also uses the Earn and Learn Scheme, which helps poor and needy students to work in the library on an hourly paid basis.
- Hostel: The University has Boys’ and Girls’ Hostels on the campus. The Girl’s Hostel can accommodate 80 girls and the Boys’ Hostel can accommodate a total of 200 boys. The admission is strictly on the basis of one’s merit, as well as other reservation rules. It is compulsory to pay for the Hostel mess.
Solapur University FAQs
Ques. What are the facilities provided by eSuvidha by the university?
Ans. You can check information regarding exam form, hall ticket, and various other application forms. One can also find employment services and opportunities matching your profile. The links to various competitive examinations are also provided in eSuvidha.
Ques. How to activate an e-Suvidha account?
Ans. You must preserve a copy of your admission form and follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the university and click on “Click here to activate eSuvidha account”.
- Enter your PRN(Permanent Registration Number) to the DU PIN location.
- Complete all other necessary columns. Your name and photograph will be displayed.
- Answer the questions that have been asked by the system if of matches with the data of university or not.
- Generate a password and login with PRN on the portal. Enter your new password to login to eSuvidha.
Ques. If I have filled a late examination form, what is the penalty charged by the university?
Ans. You will be charged INR 50 till the mentioned dates for late fee and a ‘Super Late Fee’ will be applicable of INR 50 per day. You can find the details regarding exams like date sheet and time table on the eSuvidha portal.
Ques. How do I know if my admission is approved by the university or not?
Ans. After the eligibility process in the university, one will get an SMS from the university. It will be the confirmation message regarding the examination. The message will also contain your PRN (Permanent Registration Number) which must be noted for future references.
Ques. How Good is Solapur University?
Ques. Does Solapur University conduct any entrance exam?
Ques. How are admissions done for the PhD and M.Phil programmes at SU?
Ques. How to Register for the SUCET at Solapur University?
Ques. How much does SU charge for SUCET?
Ques. Explain the e-Suvidha facility at Solapur University?
Ques. What are the acceptable exams at Solapur University?
Ques. What are the scholarships offered by Solapur University?
Ques. What is the intake of students for the M.Com Programmes at SU?
Ques. Can a candidate apply for admissions in offline mode at SU?