City College of Commerce and Business Administration, shortly referred to as CCCBA, was established as a college in 1881 in Kolkata, West Bengal. CCCBA currently offers only the Bachelor of Commerce course (general and honors). B.A. classes were introduced in 1884; a Law Department came up in 1885, and M.A. classes were introduced and conducted until the new regulations of Calcutta University terminated them. Admissions to both courses are on the basis of merit in the 12th standard examination. There is no entrance examination required.
The top recruiters of the college include IBM, TCS, and Concentrix among others.
City College Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Type||1881 | Public|
|Accredited||NAAC B Grade|
|Affiliated||University of Calcutta|
|Type of Institute||Boys only|
|Courses||B.Com (General and Honours)|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, TCS, Concentrix, etc.|
|Facilities||Library, Canteen, Healthcare, etc.|
City College Kolkata Courses
CCCBA offers only two courses: Bachelor of Commerce (general), and Bachelor of Commerce (honors). The details of the courses are as mentioned below:
Course 1: Bachelor of Commerce (General)
- Eligibility: 10 + 2
- Duration: 3 years
- Intake: 150
Course 2: Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Eligibility: 10 + 2 with minimum 50% in best four subjects (excluding EVS)
- Duration: 3 years
- Specializations: Accounting and Finance
- Intake: 900
Read More: City College Kolkata Fee Structure
City College Kolkata Admissions
Admissions to both the courses offered by the college are on the basis of merit achieved in the qualifying examination. There is no entrance examination required. The steps to apply are mentioned below:
- Visit the college website and click on the Admission link.
- Fill the application form and get the application form number.
- Click on “Online Payment”.
- Fill the SBI payment form and make the payment of INR 100. This can be done online or through bank challan.
Read More: City College Kolkata Admission
City College Kolkata Placements
The college conducts career counseling sessions and often hosts corporate companies participating in the recruitment drives. Among many other companies, IBM and TCS are at the forefront of the selection and recruitment process. The College also conducts many seminars and workshops based on Career Counselling and Employability.
In the academic year 2017, a total of 14 students were recruited by IBM. In another recruitment drive the same year, 15 other students were recruited by Concentrix.
City College Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Library: The library contains 32,230 references and textbooks. It also subscribes to ten (10) newspapers (on a daily basis), seven (7) journals, and ten (10) magazines. It is also a member of the N-List program of the Inflibnet. It is not yet fully automated, but the process is ongoing.
- Canteen: The canteen, which is exclusively meant for students, provides food at a student-friendly rate. There are also Aquaguard water-filters installed in the canteen and elsewhere in the college.
- Health: There is a center for primary healthcare in the campus under the head ‘St. John’s Ambulance’, which renders services like health check-up as well as community work. This involves students and teachers alike.
- Other facilities include Computer facilities, Biometry, and Fax service, Fully equipped ICT-enabled room, Virtual classroom, and basic amenities like a power generator, water reservoirs, water coolers, and fire extinguishers.
City College Kolkata FAQ
Ques. Does the college have a Student Union?
Ans. Yes, the college has a well-organized Students’ Union, which plays an active role in cooperating with the administration and staff of the college in the overall development of the college.
Ques. Is there an evening college option?
Ans. Yes, the college is proud of the evening session college which allows students to pursue other employment opportunities during the day time.
Ques. Are there any sports events conducted?
Ans. Yes, the college participates in the Annual Sports Meet at Calcutta University grounds. In addition, there are many inter-collegiate tournaments organized.
Ques. Are there any scholarships?
Ans. No, the college does not provide any scholarships. The fees for the courses are also nominal. However, if the student still requires financial support, they can apply for scholarships from the West Bengal Government.
Ques. How do we contact the college?
Ans. The mailing address of the college is 13, Surya Sen Street, Kolkata - 700 012, West Bengal. You can also call them at 033 - 2219 6281 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. How is the City College Kolkata faculty?
Ans. The faculty consists of 36 teaching faculty members, including the Principal and the Vice-Principal of CCCBA. They are spread across 10 departments, although the majority belong to the main department of Commerce. 8 among these faculty members are qualified with doctoral degrees.
Read More: City College Kolkata Faculty