KPB Hinduja College of Commerce was established 1974 by Late Sh. Parmanand Deepchand Hinduja. It is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The institute is affiliated to University of Mumbai
The college offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral level courses in various disciplines of Arts, Science and Commerce. In UG program, B. Com (Regular and Honours), BMS, BMM, B.Sc., and in PG program, MA (Honours), M.Com. , M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses are offered by the college.
- Applications for admission in KPB Hinduja College will have to be submitted offline only.
- Applicants who have appeared for Higher Secondary Examinations in Science/ Arts/ Commerce are eligible for admission to various undergraduate courses.
- For admission to MA/ M.Com/ M.Phil. Courses, candidates with Bachelor’s degree in the concerned disciplines are eligible to apply.
- College will conduct an entrance exam for MA(Communication & Journalism) and MA(Public Relations).
- Postgraduates are eligible for Ph.D. courses, admission to which are entrance based Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET).
- Admission to all other courses will be merit-based, as per the rules of the university.
- Reservations are offered as per the rules of the State Government.
Read More: Hinduja College Fees Structure
Highlight Tablle of Hinduja College
|Name of the Institute||KPB Hinduja College of Commerce|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Name of entrance exam||Ph.D Entrance Test (PET)|
|Last Date to Apply||June, 2019|
|Date of Entrance Exam (PET)||Second week of July, 2019|
KPB Hinduja Admission Schedule Date 2019
|Application Form||Third week of May, 2019|
|PET 2019||Second week of July, 2019|
|Personal Interview||Third week of July, 2019|
|Result of Selected Candidate List||Third week of July, 2019|
|Admission, Eligibility, Approval & Fees Payment||Fourth week of July, 2019|
KPB Hinduja UG Admission 2019
KPB Hinduja College of Commerce offers Bachelor’s degree courses in Commerce, Accounting & Finance, Banking Insurance, Management Studies, Mass Media, Financial Market, Investment Management, Transport Management and Information Technology for the candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examinations with 45% aggregate marks.
Admissions to all these courses will be based on the merit list issued by the college, as per candidate’s score in the qualifying examination.
List of Courses:
|B.Com||Regular||Passed class 12th and secured minimum 45% aggregate marks||Merit Based|
|BAF||Accounting & Finance|
Key Points for UG Admission:
- For the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from other than Maharashtra State Board, transfer certificate is compulsory.
- In case of selection, candidates must register under the University of Mumbai.
KPB Hinduja PG Admission 2019
At postgraduate level, the college offers M.Com with three specializations for the candidates who have successfully passed Bachelor’s in any of the disciplines of Commerce.
It also offers Master’s in Arts in the disciplines of Communication & Journalism and Public Relations, for which admission are based on candidate’s score in the written entrance exam conducted by the college. Those who qualify the written test will have to appear for the further round of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Admissions to M.Com courses will be merit based.
List of Courses:
|M.Com||Accountancy||Graduate in any of the disciplines of Commerce||Merit Based|
|Banking & Finance|
|MA||Communication & Journalism||Graduate in any discipline||Written Test, GD, PI|
Key Points for PG Admission:
- Written entrance test for MA admissions will consist of two sections- Language and General Knowledge.
- Merit list of the selected candidates will be available under the ‘Miscellaneous’ section under Downloads tab at the home page.
KPB Hinduja Ph.D. and M.Phil. Admission 2019
Hinduja College offers two year Masters of Philosophy course in Commerce and Ph.D in various specializations. Applicants who hold Master’s degree in any of the disciplines of Commerce are eligible to apply for M.Phil. Admission to M.Phil. will strictly be based on merit, as per the candidate’s score in the qualifying exam.
Admission to Ph.D. will be made as per the rules of the University of Mumbai. The university will conduct Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) which will be followed by an Interview round by the college.
Merit list will be based on candidate’s performance in both the rounds (Written test and PI). Only the candidate who hold post graduate degree in commerce are eligible to apply for PET.
The duration of the course is minimum three years. Candidates who hold Master’s degree in the concerned disciplines are eligible to apply for admission. After the written test, candidates must submit a DD of INR 100, to the college as a confirmation for further admission process.
List of Courses:
|M.Phil.||Commerce||Post graduate in any of the disciplines of Commerce||Merit Based|
|Ph.D. (Commerce)||Trade, Transport & Industry||Post graduate in any of the disciplines of Commerce||Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) followed by Interview|
|Business Policy & Administration|
|Banking & Finance|
Key Points for M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admission:
- PET will consist of objective, short answer and long answer questions, maximum marks being 100.
- Candidates must score 50% marks for qualifying the written test.
- Merit list will be available at the notice board. Candidates will also be communicated in case of selection for the further admission process.
- Candidates who satisfy the following eligibility criteria are exempted from the entrance test: GATE/ SET/ UGC NET/ CSIR/ OCAR/ ICMR/ DBT/M.Phil. From University of Mumbai/ M.Phil. (Commerce) from any of the State/ Central government recognized universities.
KPB Hinduja Application Process 2019
Candidates will have to submit the applications for admissions offline. Candidates can follow the procedure given below to download the application forms available at the college portal.
- Visit official website of KPB Hinduja College of Commerce.
- Select ‘Miscellaneous’ link under the ‘Downloads’ tab at the home page.
- Select the link according to the course of application.
- Download the application form and submit the duly filled in copy to the admissions office.
Documents to be produced original as well as two photocopies at the time of admission:
- University student online copy
- College application form
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Original Hall Ticket (for CBSE students)
- School leaving certificate of HSC
- Migration/ Transfer certificate
- Eligibility Application form
- Declaration and Ration card copy (aided section girls student)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Physically Handicapped/ Learning Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar Card Xerox copy
- Demand Draft of fees in favor of K.P.B Hinduja College of Commerce
- Passport Size photograph (3.5*3.5 cm)- Black & White won’t be accepted
- College Identity Card of SYJC (for TYJC admission only)
- Mark sheet and leaving certificate of SYJC (for TYJC admission only)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College