CU Shah Science College, established in 1965 is one of Gujarat’s best institutes and is affiliated to Gujarat University as well as UGC. It offers undergraduate courses like B.Sc program, Doctor of Philosophy, etc in streams like Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, and Electronics.
The admission is based on merit and application mode is both online and offline. The college also has a dedicated placement cell which tries to bring the most competitive companies in relevant streams such as Infosys, FINAR, Dhanuka Agro Industries, etc.
CU Shah Science College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1956 | Govt|
|Approved by||UGC (U/S 12-B & 2F)|
|Campus Area||60 acres|
CU Shah Science College Courses
C U Shah College, Ahmedabad offers 7 streams for B.Sc. degree, duration of which is 3 years. Details are tabulated below:
|B.Sc||Specialization: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Biochemistry, Mathematics, Electronics etc.
Duration: 3 years Semesters: 6
Eligibility: Passed 10 + 2 in Science stream with minimum 50% marks in PCM or PCMB as well as in aggregate from AHSEC/CBSE/ICSE Boards (45% for reservation category).
Selection criteria: Merit-based
Read More: C U Shah Science College Fees
C U Shah Science College Admissions
Admissions to the courses in C U Shah Science College is done completely online. The admission form will be available online from the first week of May on their official website.
How to Apply?
- Students are required to collect a 14-digit pin distributed by the university at their venue before filling out the admission form.
- Submit this pin on the login window
- Fill up personal details like name, email, contact number, education details etc on the login window
- Apply for registration and then fill out the admission form of C U Shah Science College with adequate information.
Documentations needed for admission to B.Sc. are given below:
- 10th mark sheet
- 10+2 mark sheet
- Proof of address
- Certificate of Nationality (for Foreign students)
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Proof of Parent / Guardian
- Sports / NCC Certificate, etc (if any)
- Caste Certificate
- Migration Certificate (Original)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size recent photographs colored
C U Shah Science College Facilities
- Library: Well-developed library with several reference books/ journals, various regional newspapers, and national newspapers.
- Laboratories and Classrooms: Well-equipped laboratories and classrooms with OHP and LCD facilities. There is also a separate computer - Dell/SCOPE laboratory as well.
- Security: The whole College remains under CCTV surveillance.
- Health care: The college contains a Primary Health Care in the chemistry department.
- Others: Cafeteria, food corners, lodgings, Post and courier services, bank services, and other necessary books and stationery shops surrounding the college campus.
C U Shah Science College FAQs
Ques. How is the faculty of C U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad?
Ans. Well-trained faculty are available with relevant education. Accurate orientation is given to them for advanced yet simple teaching so that all the students can upgrade their skills and knowledge. A self-learning ambiance assists the non-technical staff with proper training.
Ques. How to reach C U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad?
Ans. Near Gujarat Vidyapith, Income tax circle, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad - 380 014
Ques. Which degrees are offered in C U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad?
Ans. The college offers a B.Sc. degree in 7 streams and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in 4 streams.
Ques. What are some of the important dates for admissions to the college?
Ans. Some of the important dates for admissions to the college:
|B.Sc. Online PIN Distribution||June 10, 2020 – June 28, 2020|
|College Allocation for B.Sc. Admissions||September 14, 2020|
|Session Commences||November First Week (Expected)|