College of Applied Science is a college of education located at Vadakkencherry, Palakkad, Kerala, dedicating its services since 1993. The college is managed by the Institute of Human Resources Development (IHRD), Government of Kerala. It is affiliated to the University of Calicut, one of the top universities in India.
Admission to the college is purely based on the merit obtained in the previous qualifying examination. The Institute offers UG and PG courses in Computer Science and Electronics. The college also offers a Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Engineering which is one of its kind in Kerala.
The institute facilitates students with excellent infrastructure, dedicated faculty, and excellence in practical training. Technical Giants like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, IBM, and CTS recruit the students every year thus providing excellent placement opportunities to the students.
College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1993 | Public|
|Affiliated To||University of Calicut, Kerala|
|Recognized By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, PG Diploma|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, IBM, and CTS|
|Facilities Available||Library, Medical Support Systems, well-equipped classrooms, NSS|
College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry Courses
The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of Electronics and Computer Science. It also offers a Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Engineering which is one of its kind in Kerala.
The various courses along with the details about their eligibility, duration, specializations, and course fee are tabulated below:-
|Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Engineering||
College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry Admissions
College of Applied Science, Vadakkencherry is affiliated to the University of Calicut, Kerala. The admissions to the college are done through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) by the University.
- The mode of application for admission at the College of Applied Science is Online only.
- Admissions for various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses are Merit-based.
- For Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Engineering, admission is based on a Personal Interview conducted by the college.
- The selection of candidates for admission is based strictly on the rank list according to the Government rules of reservation.
How to apply?
An interested candidate needs to follow the following steps in order to apply at the College of Applied Science:
- Visit the website www.cuonline.ac.in
- Register for admission with a valid E-mail ID.
- After successful registration, CAP ID and password will be generated.
- Login and fill the application form
- The candidate needs to fill in the details of the qualifying marks, reservation, board, etc.
- Upload Scanned Images of Signature, Candidate Photograph, Identity proof in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fees online or offline through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI/post office.
- The candidates who make it to the merit list will have to go for the Online seat allotment procedure consisting of three rounds.
- The candidate needs to pay the mandatory allotment fee if a seat is allotted to him/her.
- On the payment of the allotment fee, the seat will be permanently allotted to the candidate.
College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry Placements
The college has a dedicated placement cell that provides a platform for aspiring students seeking recruitments and jobs. The placement cell invites the top firms to recruit students and carries out the process of recruitment to the end as its responsibility.
The department also conducts various mock interviews, real-time workshops, and group discussions in order to train the students. It also provides several internship programs and training to facilitate students.
Personality Development programs are also conducted by inviting various eminent personalities.
Some of the top recruiters are:
- Tata Consultancy Services
The institute provides wonderful placement opportunities every year and has maintained the quality of placement over the years.
College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry Facilities
The college provides student-friendly infrastructure and facilities to cater to the needs of the students as well as the faculty.
- Classrooms: Well-equipped Classrooms and tutorial Rooms for teaching Subjects for imparting theoretical and practical knowledge. The rooms are spacious for a comfortable learning environment
- Library: It has a huge library that assists the students with reference books, textbooks, journals, newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, and E-books.
- Social cells and clubs: The college has various student-friendly cells that promote the social as well as the mental well-being of the students. The various clubs and social cells in the college are as follows:
- Women Empowerment Cell
- Anti Drug Club
- Anti Ragging Cell & Squad
- Alumni Cell
- Additional Facilities: First Aid Room, Canteen, Girls Common Rooms, Dining Hall, Wash Rooms, Examination Room
College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry FAQs
Ques. Does the College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry provide any scholarships to students?
Ans. The college does not offer any particular scholarship to its students. However, the SC and ST candidates are exempted from tuition fees for Undergraduate courses in the college. Economically weaker students can apply for fee concessions however that totally depend on the college administration.
Ques. What is P.G.D.A.E that is offered by the College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry?
Ans. The college offers Post Graduate Diploma In Audio Engineering (P.G.D.A.E) for aspirants in the audio media industry. The duration of the course is 1 year comprising two semesters. A one-month internship is also provided at the prestigious ‘Chitranjali Studios’
Ques. Is there any reservation quota for admission to the College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry?
Ans. The reservation criteria for admissions to various courses at the college are as follows:-
- Open Quota- 50%
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)- 20%
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)- 10%
- Scheduled Castes (SC)- 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)- 5%
Ques. What is the application fee for admission to the College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry?
Ans. The admissions to the college are done through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) by the University of Calicut. The application fee for various categories is as follows:
- General Category: Rs. 280
- SC/ST Category: Rs. 115
Ques. How are the faculties of the College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry?
Ans. The College has an experienced and highly-educated faculty to impart education to the students. There are extremely dedicated, talented, and committed lecturers to guide the students in every possible way.