Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, conducts research in the areas of Drugs & Pharmaceuticals, Agrochemicals, Lipids, Catalysis, Functional Materials, Environmental, Analytical, Biological, and Engineering Sciences. The institute has active collaborations with several countries including Australia, Japan, France, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, the USA, Korea, etc and several students have benefitted from various exchange visits and post-doctoral opportunities. The programs offered include 2 Doctoral Programmes and Dissertation Training Programmes. Admissions are on the basis of Interviews and merit.
IICT Hyderabad Highlights
|Established | Type||1989 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Set by||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)|
|Courses||Ph.D. and Dissertation Programmes|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
Indian Institute of Chemical Technology Hyderabad Courses
The Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad offers 2 Ph.D. programs, in addition to some Dissertation training programs.
The major areas of research include:
- Organic Synthesis
- Natural Products - Isolation
- Methodology Development
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Agro Chemicals
- Lipid Science and Technology
- Analytical Chemistry - NMR Spectroscopy
- Mass Spectrometry
- X-ray Crystallography
- Bio-chemicals & Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The details of the programs are as below:
|Ph.D. in Chemical & Biological Sciences||Duration: 3 years
Selection Criteria: Interview
|Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering||Duration: 3 years
Selection Criteria: Interview
|Dissertation Training Programs||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Final year of graduation/ post-graduation
Selection Criteria: Merit, preference given to State/ Central institutes.
Read More: IICT Fee Structure
IICT Hyderabad Admissions
The admissions to the Ph.D. programs are based on the interviews conducted. Students with a postgraduate degree can apply through the following steps:
How to apply?
- Visit the official website regularly and look for the walk-in interview advertisement.
- Apply in the prescribed format
- Participate in the walk-in-interview for the selection process.
Students can apply for Dissertation training programs in their B.Tech/M.Tech/MSc/ B.Pharm / M.Pharm final year dissertation. The procedure to do so is:
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Include your CV, area of interest, and institute letter in the CV.
- Wait for the reply and vacancies depends on the availability of staff and place of work in that particular area.
The students admitted for this course are limited. Preference is being given to state/ central institutes and universities with a nominal admission fee.
Read More: IICT Hyderabad Admission
IICT Hyderabad Facilities
- The institute provides excellent laboratories and world-class state-of-art infrastructure and characterization facilities to enable prospective students to experience the basic, interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary areas of research for a lucrative future career in both academia and industry.
- It also provides a hostel facility for a nominal admission fee. After the official formalities of admission to the doctoral program, students are provided with accommodation and local hospitality as per rules and agreements.
- The institute also offers several other facilities like the departmental canteen, auditorium hall, lecture hall, 24*7 transportation, post office, fire station, State Bank of India, and well-furnished guest houses for VIP stays.
The Indian Institute of Chemical Technology is a highly recognized institute and is an excellent choice for the best of the best. Being a part of this institute allows for possible interactions and collaborations with many eminent scientists/professors from both India and abroad. In addition, there is a single-window clearance system from admission to work. Overall, this is one of the best choices.
IICT Hyderabad FAQ
Ques. Does the institute also accept project fellows?
Ques. Can an already existing project fellow apply to the Ph.D. programs?
Ques. When are the admissions accepted?
Ques. Can I transfer from another institute while doing my Ph.D.?
Ques. Where do we contact the college for more information?
Ans. Visit the website regularly for all the information. The contact details are also mentioned below:
Email 2: firstname.lastname@example.org