National Center for Biological Sciences is a premiere center for research and study of biology molecules, stem cells and regenerative biology evolution. It is a cellular and molecular department which is a part of the autonomous Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. The center was founded in 1992 established under the Department of Atomic Energy of Government of India. The institute follows a unique approach by focusing on the overall aspect, in varying backgrounds of Mathematics, Natural Science, and Computer Science. Since 1997, the center has bagged various awards for excellent performance, INSPIRE Faculty Award, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in 2013.
NCBS Bangalore Highlights
|Established in | Type||1992 | Public Research Institute|
|Parent Institution||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research|
|Popular Courses||PhD (NCBS, DBS, TIFR-H) Integrated PhD (NCBS, DBS, TIFR-H) M.Sc. by Research (DBS) M.Sc in Wildlife Biology and Conservation (NCBS)|
|Admission Criteria||GS-2020, GATE, UGC-NET|
|Top Recruiters||TIFR, NCBS, IITs, IIS, Scientific research organisations|
|Campus Area||20 Acres|
|Facilities available||Laboratories, Joggers Track, Green campus, Cultural Club, Day Care, Sports, Dining|
NCBS Bangalore Courses
The table given below mentions the courses taught at the National Center for Biological Research in Bangalore:
|M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation||Eligibility: Graduate from recognised university with minimum 50% marks Admission on the basis of GS 2020
Duration: 2 years
|Ph.D. Program||Eligibility: M.Sc. | Master's Degree | 4 year Degree Program Top 10 percentile in GATE or UGC-NET
Duration: 3 years
|Integrated Ph.D. Program||Eligibility: Graduate from recognised university with minimum 50% marks Admission on the basis of GS 2020
Duration: 4 years
Check here NCBS Bangalore Courses and Fees
NCBS Bangalore Admission
Eligible candidates can apply for admissions in any of the courses in the research institute. The procedure for admissions in National Center for Biological Sciences is described below:
How to Apply?
- Visit the official site to register for the Entrance Exam. Fill up the application form with all details.
- Attach required documents in the form such as scanned signatures and passport size photograph. Pay fees and then print out for reference.
- Await announcement of exams, appear online.
- Apply for admission according to the merit list announcement.
Read more NCBS Bangalore Admission
NCBS Bangalore Placement
NCBS placements come under the Tata Institute of Fundamental research. The placements done can be at various research organizations like IIIS, BARC, Zoological and Biological research centers and Institutes.
|Academic Year||Students placed||Average salary INR|
Click here NCBS Bangalore Placement
NCBS Bangalore Scholarship
National Center for Biological Sciences provides fellowship scholarships for the admitted students. The scholarships and grants are mentioned below:
- M.Sc. in Wildlife Biology and Conservation: Fellowship of INR 12,000 per month
- M.Sc. Research in BIology: Monthly scholarship of INR 12,000
- Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. Students: Monthly fellowship of INR 25,000 further enhanced to INR 28,000 with annual contingency grant INR 32,000.
Read more NCBS Bangalore Scholarship
NCBS Bangalore Facilities
Since the center is mainly for research and development based studies, the facility provided to the students also reflect the same:
- Laboratories: Various laboratories are provided to the research for their respective research works. All necessary support is provided to ensure availability of required equipment and better research experience.
- Meetings Office: The office is constructed to represent the researchers internationally. Various meetings are held in this office to showcase the brilliant talent of researchers and give them all possible opportunities.
- Research Development Office: This office is basically constructed to provide professional assistance to students in their research work. Also, the purpose of the office is to give a platform to the students to interact and communicate with the professional researchers.
Click here NCBS Bangalore Hostel
NCBS Bangalore Faculty
The research center has a brilliant set of faculty possessed with knowledge of different fields of science. All the 36 faculty members are from varying backgrounds such as some from Mathematics background, others from Natural Science background and the rest from Computer Science background. The faculty members are highly qualified and have cleared several levels of tests to qualify for being a NCBS faculty member.
International researchers and academicians also visit NCBS for guest lectures and deliver golden information to the learners. The faculty undertakes research and applications for Intellectual Property Rights. Over the last 3 years, 9 patents have been published while2 patent grants have been given.
Check NCBS Bangalore Faculty
NCBS Bangalore FAQs
Ques. Is this research center a safe place for women?
Ques. How does NCBS contribute to sports?
Ques. Is there any transportation facility provided by the center?
Ques. Does the center provide any relief for the reserved categories?
Ques. Is M.Sc. in Research also available at the center?