The National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI) is a premier institution imparting quality education in Geophysical Science through a Ph.D. program in Earth Science. It was established in 2011 by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology (GOI). The institute which is located in Hyderabad is one of a kind in the entire country.
- National Geophysical Research Institute invites application twice a year, i.e. in August and December.
- It is mandatory for candidates to appear and qualify UGC - NET/JRF prior to filling the application for form for the program.
- NGRI doesn’t conduct any entrance test at the institute level.
- Sponsored candidates must be able to produce sponsorship letter/ certificate along with a NOC from their respective employers.
- Candidates from reserved categories are allowed relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks eligibility criteria.
Highlights of National Geophysical Research Institute Admissions
|Name of the Institute||National Geophysical Research Institute|
|Institute Type||Government Aided|
|Basic Admission Criteria||CSIRUGC (NET) + Personal Interview|