Patna Science College is a government institute located in Patna, Bihar. Established in 1927, the college is UGC, AICTE approved and is affiliated to Patna University. The college offers undergraduate B.Sc Honors degree in total 10 specializations including self-financing vocational and professional courses. Patna Science College also has a full-fledged language teaching unit comprising Hindi and English Departments.
For admission, candidates have to apply offline by downloading the application form from the official website. Admissions to these courses are merit based. Final selection to all the programs is done on the basis of a written aptitude test PUCET followed by viva-voice conducted by college.
Patna Science College Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1927 | Government|
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC|
|Affiliated to||Patna University|
|Courses Offered||10 Courses across 1 stream|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc Honors|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Campus Area||28.32 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Canteen, Parking, Recreation facilities, Hostel|
|Official Website||Patna Science College|
Patna Science College Ranking
Patna Science College is one of the best colleges in Patna, India. It has been ranked 2nd in 2019.
Patna Science College Courses
|Course||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|B.Sc Honors||Statistics||Minimum 55% marks in aggregate in 10+2 or any equivalent exam||Written Aptitude test and Viva Voice|
|B.Sc Honors Self Financing/Vocational Courses||Biotechnology||10+2 in Science stream with mathematics or biology as compulsory subject with 55 % aggregate marks|
Read More: Patna Science College Courses & Fees
Patna Science College Admissions
The application process is carried out in an offline mode. Admissions to all courses are merit based. Final selection is done through PUCET.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can get the application form from the admission office or download from official.
- Fill in the application form and submit it along with the required processing fee using cash or Demand Draft.
- Demand Draft should be made in favour of “Patna Science College” payable at Patna.
- Completed applications should be submitted at the Institute offices along with the fee and necessary enclosures within the stipulated time.
Documents to be attached along with the form :
- Downloaded Application Form
- Admit Card of Entrance Test possessing invigilator’s signature
- Mark sheet of 10th and 10+2 class
- Matric certificate
- TC/CLC/SLC of (+2/I.Sc.)
- Caste Certification
- Aadhar Card
- Migration Certificate
- Affidavit by Notary if there is gap in session
- Six recent passport size photograph and one stamp size photograph
- Two set of photocopies of mentioned certificate
Read More: Patna Science College Admission
Patna Science College Placements
The college also has a placement wing where personality development, communication skills and practical knowledge are emphasized for students so that they can do well in placement drives.
Read More: Patna Science College Placement
Patna Science College Scholarships
Patna Science College offers Scholarship Scheme for economically weak/ SC /ST / Physically Handicapped and Female Students. Even students coming from Rural sections can avail the scholarship. Candidates can apply for the scholarship through the university portal. Income of the parents of the candidate applying for the scholarship should not be more than INR 2.5 lakh per annum.
Read More: Patna Science College Scholarships
Patna Science College Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of the students.
- Hostel: The college offers hostel facility to its students. It has a total of 5 hostels.
- Library: There are separate journal sections and reading rooms on the college campus for its students. There are more than 11,000 books, more than 15 educational journals and 28 encyclopedias.
- Canteen: Canteen is run through an outside agency with menu and rates fixed by the committee of the college. The committee conducts periodical inspection so that the students get quality foods at a reasonable rate.
- Parking: Limited parking facility is available for teachers, students, office staff and visitors.
- Student Facilities: The college has a full fledged system for participation of students in activities of NSS and NCC.
Read More: Patna Science College Facilities
Patna Science College Faculty
With the help of highly qualified faculty, the college imparts strong education along with good values and morals. The faculty members of every department are extremely helpful and cooperative. The institute has additional guest faculty also separately for each department. The Botany department has a total of 14 faculty including 7 guest faculties whereas the Chemistry department has a total of 11 faculties. Similarly, Physics department has a total of 10 faculties and a number of faculties in the mathematics department is 6.
Read More: Patna Science College Faculty
Ques. Which companies have offered placements to students of Patna Science College?
Ques. Can I change my department after taking admission to Patna Science College?
Ques. Does the college offer career counselling to the students of Patna Science College?
Ques. Is the campus of Patna Science College is eco-friendly?
Ques. Does Patna Science College have an active alumni association?