Army Institute Of Management, Kolkata (AIMK) has been placed in the ‘A+++’ category in the B-School Survey by Business India. The institute has been accredited by NAAC for the state-of-the-art management program. It has completed 20 years of its existence and ranked among the best B-School in the country. It offers a 2-years full-time MBA program to prepare students for the business world. Admission to the same is done through a highly competitive entrance test namely CAT.
AIM Kolkata Highlights
|Campus Area||9.25 acres|
|Approved||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University|
|Accredited||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
Army Institute Kolkata Ranking
- Ranked in the category of ‘Top 100 B-School’ in the country by Times of India 2018.
- Awarded ‘B-School Leadership Award’ for subsequent three years (2014, 2016 & 2017) by DNA & Stars of the Industry Group.
- Awarded with "Best Academic and Industry Interface" as the Educational Institute World Education Congress Global Award 2016.
- AIM Kolkata has been selected for Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Award and declared the winner of “Best B-School” for the year 2015 and 2016 for its excellence in academics and as recognition of leadership, innovation, development and industry interface of the institute.
- Awarded prestigious ‘Golden Peacock National Training Award (GPNTA) for its excellence in training and management system in 2014.
Army Institute of Management: Courses
The Institute offers 2-years of a full-time residential MBA program with an intake of 120 students. There are 4 specializations namely Marketing, Finance, Systems, and Human Resource Management.
- For General Candidates: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks.
- For Army Category: Children of eligible serving Army personnel, Ex-Army Personnel, and war widows
Check: AIMK Courses and Fee
AIM Kolkata: Admission
Eligible candidates can obtain the application form either from the website or from the Admission Office. They will be required to pay an application fee of INR 500 for Army Wards and INR 600 for General Category. The mode of payment can be either Netbanking or Demand Draft in favor of “Director AIM” payable at Kolkata.
The Institute admits students on the basis of merit scored in management entrance test namely Common Admission Test (CAT). Based on the performance in the entrance, the institute will shortlist the candidates. Further, they will be called for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
Read more: Army Institute Kolkata Admission
Army Institute Kolkata: Scholarships
Army Institute, Kolkata provides various scholarships to students to make education feasible to them. The basic scholarship schemes are as follows:
- Army Commander’s Scholarships: This is awarded by HQ Eastern Command to 2 students of the army category of each batch every year amounted INR 25000.
- Chairman’s Scholarships: Each amounting to INR 25000, awarded by HQ Bengal Area to two students (one girl and one boy) of Army category (NCO/OR) of each batch every year.
- TATA Merit Scholarships: This is awarded by TATA Defence Welfare Corpus to students of defense category ranking first and second in the first year examination. The students are awarded INR 20000 and INR 15000 respectively.
AIM Kolkata Awards
Apart from scholarships, meritorious students are also awarded by the Institute under various categories. It includes the following:
- Army Commander’s Incentive Awards – Monetary award of INR 10,000
- Awards of Academic Excellence – Monetary Award of 20,000; 15,000 and 10,000
- Chief of the Army Staff All Round Best Student Rolling Trophy – Monetary award of INR 25,000
Know more: Army Institute Kolkata Scholarships
Army Institute of Management Placement
The placement cell of the B-School is known to have an excellent track record since its inception. It provides placement assistance like counseling sessions, expert talks, mock interviews, etc. The cell also coordinates with various MNCs and government organizations.
In the year 2020, the highest salary offered was INR 10 LPA and the average was INR 5.06 LPA. Over 74 companies participated in the final placement program and 58 companies for Summer Placement. The students have mainly been placed in the areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resources. The list of recruiters includes Reliance Industries, Berger Paints Ltd., VIP, Auto Plant, Jaro, ITC Ltd., HDFC, Tata Motors Ltd., Decathalon, Magicbricks and many more.
Click here: AIM Kolkata Placement
Army Institute Kolkata: Facilities
The Institute is known to have an excellent infrastructure to cater to the needs of the students. Listed below is a brief about the same:
- Library: It has a rich collection of digital as well as print resources for the students as well as faculty. The institute has more than 12500 books, reputed foreign and national journals and magazines. It has subscribed to reputed databases like EBSCO Business Source Elite to make the transfer of knowledge easier.
- Computer labs: There are 2 computer labs with a capacity for 60+ students. It provides an internet speed of 1000 Mbps across the campus.
- Hostel: AIMK is a fully residential institute with well-furnished facilities. The hostel facility is provided to both male and female students.
Read more: AIM Kolkata Hostel
AIM Kolkata: FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure for MBA at AIM Kolkata?
Ans. The first-year fees for the MBA program at AIM Kolkata is INR 2,28,581.
Ques. How are the faculty at AIM Kolkata?
Ans. The faculty at AIM Kolkata has a dedicated team to teach and to achieve the objectives of the College. The faculty of the college holds masters and Ph.D. degrees in their fields of expertise and has worked in their field for a long time. The faculty comprises of:
- Core Faculty: 14
- Visiting Faculty: 12
Read more: AIM Kolkata Faculty
Ques. Can I pay my fees in installments at AIM Kolkata?
Ans. Yes. You can pay your first-year fees in 3 installments and second-year fees in 2 installments at AIM Kolkata. The fees must be paid through online mode only.