GNC Quick Update
May 20: TANCET 2020 Scorecard downloading date has been extended till May 23, 2020. Check here
Guru Nanak College (GNC) was established in 1971. The college is affiliated to University of Madras and re-accredited at ‘A’ grade by NAAC. It is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. GNC offers undergraduate, postgraduate and certification programs in a number of disciplines. The institution has ranked among the best top ten colleges in Chennai. The institution is granted ISO 900:2000 Certification.
- Application for admission is available on the website of the college.
- Admissions are done on the basis of merit.
- Selected applicants will be called for an interview with the Principal.
- Candidates have to provide all the relevant certificates in original and their photo copies.
- Foreign Candidates have to provide a regular, long term student visa issued by respective Indian Embassy.
Check GNC Admission
The institution offers a number of UG, PG & Certification courses under various disciplines. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|UG||BA||Passed [Higher Secondary School Examination under 10+2 pattern prevalent in Tamil Nadu or its equivalent from other Universities/Board. |
|BCA||Passed Higher Secondary School Examination with Mathematics in subject under 10+2 pattern prevalent in Tamil Nadu or its equivalent from other Universities/Board.|
|B.Sc||Passed Higher Secondary School Examination with PCM/PCB in subject under 10+2 pattern prevalent in Tamil Nadu or its equivalent from other Universities/Board.|
|PG||MBA||Passed bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% of the marks from a recognized university. |
|M.A. (Economics)||Passed BA (Eco), B.Sc (Maths), B.Sc (Statistics) or B.Com from a recognized university.|
|M.Sc (Chemistry)||Passed B.Sc with Chemistry as the main subject from University of Madras or its equivalent with Mathematics as an allied subject.|
|MCA||Passed bachelor’s degree with Mathematics in subject from a recognized university.|
|Certificate ||Graphic Designing||Passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.|
|Stock Market Trading|
|Ph.D||Economics||Post graduation in Economics|
|Defence Studies||Post graduation |
|Chemistry||Post graduation & M.Phil in some subject.|
|Zoology||Post graduation with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.|
Check GNC Courses & Fees
The Placement Cell of the college organizes training programmes for students. More than 500 students get placed annually in ITES, IT ITIS sector. The college organizes various placement activities such as Mega Job Fair, Barclays GTT Training Programmes, SACCA Institute of Freight & Tourism. Some of the recruiters of the college are Sutherland, HCL, Wipro, TCS, Tally, Servion, CTS, Keane, Mahindra Holidays IDBI, Ajuba and many more.
Placement Record of the year 2015-16:
|Name of the Company||Number of Students Selected|
|TATA Consultancy Services||37|
GNC Awards & Rankings
Following are the details of the awards and recognitions of the college:
- The institutions has received ‘Global Understanding for Sustainable Development’ Award.
- GNC has been ranked as one of India’s Best 50 colleges in the survey conducted by India Today.
- The institution has been ranked as the 7th Top Arts, Science College in Chennai by Chennai.com in the year 2016-17.
- The institution has been ranked as the 10th Top Arts, Commerce & Science College in Tamil Nadu and 6th Top College in Chennai by Team Career in the year 2016-17.