Institute of Productivity and Management (IPM), Ghaziabad was established in 1977 by a man whose dream was to bring management education to the common man.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has recognized the programs offered by this institution.
- The Institute is in the process of conceptualizing and launching a Programme on Entrepreneurial Development through regular classes. The course will be delivered in collaboration with University of Greenwich
- IPM has created a Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMRC) which has a varied and rich multi-tasking relationship with established and emerging CFE's of the world. It has two units: Entrepreneurship Management & Consultancy Cell (EMCC) and Research and Development Cell (RDC).
- The Institute has strategic linkages with the following business schools: Estonian Business School, Tallinn, Estonia; CEU-Business School, Budapest, Hungary and Central & East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN). The institutes will mainly collaborate in the areas of student exchange, applied research, entrepreneurial projects
- It has good placement record and some of the companies include Jindal Tradex Pvt. Ltd., Karvy Stock Broking Limited, Kotak Manhindra Bank Ltd., PINEWOOD Technologies & Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Pitney Bowes Mapinfo India Pvt. Ltd, Royal Crest Media & Communication Pvt. Ltd. and Strategic Analysis (India) Private Limited.
Alumni: Over the years the Institute has produced a number of alumni who are working in various transnational companies. Some of them are:
- Arindam Saha, Assistant Manager in Corporate Marketing & Communications, Minda Industries Limited
- Rishi Shekhar Prasad, Customer Strategy Program Manager in Oracle
- Vivek Singh, Finance Officer in Singnet Industries, Indore
- Desh Deepak Tripathi, Area Manager in Escorts Construction Equipment Ltd.
- Amit Pal, Account Associate- Finance Operation in METLIFE Global Operation Support Center, Noida
Research: The Research & Development Cell (RDC) of IPM has been established to fulfill two major goals/ objectives which are providing business solutions to the corporate world and academic research in business management. When it comes to academic research in management the primary aim is to mold existing tools and techniques and develop new approaches to make them more effective. Some of the latest projects include:
- Comparison of explanatory power of Index returns vis-à-vis Beta regarding individual security returns in Indian Stock Market
- Cost-effectiveness and efficiency enhancement through e-banking route in public banks
- Empirical study of attributes used by young consumers when gauging a fashion product
Extra- Curricular Activities:-
- The institute tries hard to make a positive contribution to the underprivileged community especially school children in the nearby village
- It has undertaken a wide range of educational, socio- economic and health initiatives.
- ‘Udaan’: The society was established for the purpose of improving, inspiring and guiding the lives of the underprivileged students and gives direct assistance and resources to students of government aided primary school.
- Students also distributed computers in the neighboring area to spread IT awareness in the community.
- Blood Donation camps are also organized at the campus by associating with various blood banks in the city.
Library: The institute has a Learning Resource Centre's (LRC) in order to provide innovative information and high quality services which will assist in teaching, learning and research.
- The Resource center has a large collection of books on management and related topics in addition to a huge collection of old journals, course related and summer projects done by the students of previous years.
- It has subscribed to a wide range of journals both in printed and electronic form
- The LRC has allowed the students access to many management, financial and statistical sources and to thousands of journal articles, news, market, company and country reports etc electronically.
- The institute has got online subscription to Emerald Insight along with subscription to various national and foreign newspapers
- There are three state of the art computer centers which are equipped with state of the art latest generation computers
- The computers have installed in them original licensed software which include MS SQL Server, Macromedia Flash, Visual Studio .Net, Tally, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver, MS Office, etc.
- Internet facility is available24 X 7 with a speed of 4 Mbps through Radio Frequency
Rankings:- IPM has been ranked 81st among top 100 management colleges by http://www.urpercentile.com.
- Scholarship amounting to Rs. 60, 000 will be awarded for throughout first division holders.
- Scholarship amounting to Rs. 50, 000 will be awarded for girls based on their academic performance