Shivalik Instute of Management Education and Research (SIMER) the Business School with top ranked education prepares the future leaders of the country.
- It is located about 2 Kms from Durg city.
- The classrooms of college are well equipped with LCD projectors
- SIMER beliefs on a wider social and cultural environment, along with understanding the Socio-economic practices that are influencing business
- Built up in the area of 10,000 sq. ft. with world-class structure
- It lays its emphasis on industry driven Programme, magnificent bhilai, integrated learning and international and innovative approach
- International and Innovative Approach: The programme is comprehensive and holistically designed with an aim to provide broad spectrum of managerial education.
- Industry Driven Programme: The faculties and management maintains close ties with industry through industry oriented research center, Pune academic center and Bombay corporate center.
- Integrated Learning: While every manager needs thorough understanding of fundamentals of marketing, management, finance & systems the greater focus of SIMER.
- Total no. of companies – 18
- Highest Package offered - Rs. 5 lakhs/anum
- Average package - Rs. 2.4 lakhs/anum
Placement Cell: The placement process is constituted with the approach of Placement Cell. This cell undertakes various development activities. Placement thereby acts as an interface between the industry and students. It has following responsibilities to be handed:
- Confirmation of participation in Placements Process by the Company
- Applications from SIMER participants and Shortlists
- Job Offers and Acceptances
- Group Discussions/Interviews
- Pre-Placement Talks by Company representatives
- Vijay Ranjan selection in Star News
- 9 recruitments in HDFC Bank
- 2 Students placed in EClerx
- 4 Students got selected in CCD
- Deepawali Celebrations
- Parikrama -Inter Institute Business Quiz
- Outbound Training
- Career Compass
- SiMER Mentors Day
- Induction 2008
- Foundation Day Celebration
- SIMER Mentors Day
Newsletter: 1st September 2008- Introduction of SIMER newsletter named: SIMER Pulse. Being management newsletter it helps in shaping innovative mind. It promotes students in application of management in various fields and published on monthly basis with an access through website too.
- SIMER publishes quarterly journal called as “Pragati”
- It is the 1st& only Management Research Journal Printed by any Management Institute in Central India
- Campus: SIMER is situated at the Durg Balod state highway 2 kms from Durg city. 4.5 acres area of lush green campus provides a refreshing environment, stimulating intellectual alertness and creativity. The institute is having a built up area of 10,000 sq ft. with world-class infrastructure.
- Technology Backup: 24 hours Internet connectivity. LCD, OHP, Computers in each classroom. The institute also boasts of 100% power backup.
- Library: The institute houses a rich library equipped with books, CD’s, journals, magazines, multimedia tools and reference papers pertaining to academic and business requirements. Institutional membership of all leading magazines/e-zines and newspapers, which would accentuate the overall development of the business leaders.
- Accommodation: Separate Gents and Ladies hostels equipped with reading room, indoor & outdoor recreation, mess, security guards, wardens and medical facilities with visiting doctors available with the institute.