Sydenham Institute of Management Studies and Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) is one of the most renowned Commerce Colleges in India. Syndenham College is the parent institute of SIMSREE. The instutute creates true leaders by offering Full-time Masters Program with a specialization in Finance, HR, Marketing, Operations and Systems. In order to cater to working professionals, it also offers a part-time master’s program in Marketing and Finance. SIMSREE accepts merit scored in national level examinations of - MAH CET or CAT/ XAT/ MAT.
|Established | Institute Type||1983 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Mumbai University|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT
|Courses Offered||PG and Ph.D.|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 1150 & INR 950|
|No. of Seats – MMS | PGDBM | MFM & MMM | Ph.D||198 | 60 | 30 | 24|
|Top Recruiters||Bank of America, Accenture, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC Bank, Tata Capital, Schindler, Reliance General Insurance, Infosys, IndusInd Bank|
|Location||3rd Floor, B-Road, Churchgate,
Mumbai - 400020, India
- Ranked 39th in the category of management colleges in India by The Economic Times in 2019
- Ranked 33rd in overall category in India by Dalal Street Investment Journal in 2019
- Ranked 27th all over India in NHRDN Ranking 2018
- Rated 3rd Best B-School in terms of ROI by Times of India, 2018
- Awarded as the Outstanding B-School in Western Region Award by Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Awards
- Received Outstanding Educational Institute ABP News National Education Awards
- Ranked A++ at National Level and A+++ at Maharashtra Level for PGDM and MMS programs by Crisil
- Ranked at 20th in the overall ranking and 8th in West Zone by The Week
- Ranked 21st in terms of Placement by Business Today 2017
Mentioned below are the academic programs offered by the Institute:
|Master’s of Management Studies (MMS)||2 years | Full-time||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for reserved categories and Maharashtra candidates)|
|Master’s in Financial Management (MFM)||3-years | Part-time||Bachelor’s degree with minimum experience of 2 years at Executive/ Supervisory level|
|Master’s in Marketing Management (MMM)|
|Ph.D. in Management Studies||3-years | Full-time||MBA/ MMS with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories)|
Click here: SIMSREE Fee Structure
Eligible students seeking admission in the Institute must register themselves by filling the application form available on the official website. The selection criteria for each course varies as per the requirements. Following are the details regarding the same:
- For admission in PGDM and MMS, a student must appear in MAH CET conducted by DTE or national level exams – CMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA. On the basis of merit scored entrance exams, seat allocation will be done by DTE through CAP (centralized application process) rounds.
- For admission in MFM and MMM, a student can directly apply by filling the application form. Submit the same with an application fee of INR 1150 for General Category and INR 950 for Reserved Category.
- For Ph.D., a candidate must have appeared in JRF or PET
Click here: SIMSREE Admission
The placement process is a structured and student-driven process at SIMSREE. For this year, the institute witnesses industry leaders from various sectors visiting the campus for noteworthy profiles.
Placements Highlight 2019-20 & 2019-21
|Particulars||Summer Placement||Overall Placement|
|Highest CTC offered||-||INR 20 LPA|
|Highest Stipend||INR 1.5 LPA||-|
|Average CTC offered||-||INR 12.20 LPA|
|Top 50% Average CTC||-||INR 13.62 LPA|
|Top 25% Average CTC||-||INR 14.84 LPA|
|Median CTC offered||-||INR 11.74 LPA|
|Number of companies visited||93||78|
|Number of New Recruiters||-||26|
|Number of students placed||165||-|
The list of recruiters include names like Bank of America, Accenture, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC Bank, Tata Capital, Schindler, Reliance General Insurance, Infosys, IndusInd Bank, Deloitte, Axis Bank, ITC Hotels, Godrej, Dabur, Citi Bank, Barclays, etc.
Given below are the facilities offered by the Institute to cater to the need of the students:
- Library: It has a rich collection of more than 12,000 books, 400 international and 32 national journals. A total of 96 printed and 33,000+ of digital journals are available for the students.
- Classrooms: All classrooms are spacious and air-conditioned to provide a perfect ambiance for the learning and teaching process.
- Computer Lab: A computer lab with a total of 38 systems are available for practical sessions of the students.
The teaching faculty at the Institute consists of experienced and expert members in their respective fields. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education also has a number of visiting faculty from the industry with great practical knowledge. The institute has a total number of 17 permanent faculty and 32 visiting faculty.
Click here: SIMSREE Faculty
Ques. What is the difference between PGDBM and MMS program?
Ans. The MMS course is affiliated to the University of Mumbai whereas PGDBM is a fully autonomous course offered by the Govt. of Maharashtra. However, both of these courses are being approved by AICTE. Additionally, the curriculum of both these courses is similar under 5 specializations i.e. Finance, Systems, Operations, Human Resources, Marketing, etc.
Ques. When can I expect the release of the admission form of SIMSREE?
Ans. A general advertisement is often released by the Institute for admission in MMS and PGDBM in the leading newspapers. It is released a month or two before the MAH CET exam. You are advised to visit the DTE website (http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/index.html) for regular updates.
Ques. Does the Institute provide hostel facilities to students enrolled in its academic programs?
Ans. Yes, SIMSREE provides hostel facilities to both male and female candidates. The rooms are available only for students coming from outside of Mumbai. There is a limited number of seats available.
Ques. If I am a working professional, can I take admission to any of the programs offered by SIMSREE?
Ans. Yes, working people can take admission to the part-time courses offered by the Insitute. The courses are Master’s in Marketing Management (MMM) and Master’s in Financial Management (MFM). A total intake of 30 students is offered by the Institute for each course.
Ques. Does SIMSREE offer any other course?
Ans. Additional Courses offered by SIMSREE are:
- Digital Marketing
- Lean Six Sigma – KMPG
- Advance Excel
- Data Analytics
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Banking and Markets
- Financial Statement Analysis