Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD) was established under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, by notification No. F.9-12/2001 - U.3 of Govt. of India.
- Symbiosis International University (SIU) is a private co-educational, multi-institutional University located in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It is recognized by the UGC and the AICTE standards .
- The Indian NAAC has conferred an 'A' grade to the University. This university is a part of the Symbiosis Society, which was established in 1971.
- This SCMHRD institute is one the 19 academic institutes spread over 9 campuses of SIU all over Pune, Nashik and Bangalore.
- This institute is located in Pune.
- The placement is provided by the main society itself to all the students of the underlined institutes. The main recruiters include Heinz, ITC, etc.
- 100% Placements
- Number of Pre-Placement Offers : 28
- The average compensation offered to students: 10.49 lpa
- Highest Salary:20 lpa
Average Compensation Across Specializations
Extra-Curricular Activities & Clubs:-
- Corporate Relation Team: The members of this team gather and have formal corporate talks regarding the functioning of the college administration and other requirements like tie ups, sponsorships and collaborations.
- Consulting Club: This club promotes the activities of consultancy etc which are needed for any management graduate to excel in the global markets. This club organizes an event called Con'Verse, every year, which is an amalgamation of case studies, presentations, business quizzes and games.
- Finance Club: The finance club of this college is very active and promotes all the events that helps student grow in the financial trade. It organizes various conclaves and summits regularly viz. “Banking Conclave- 2005”, “Risk Management Seminar- 2009”, “Valuation and Financial Modeling Seminar – 2010”.
- SPAM: It is the photography ad movie club of the college formed recently in the year 2011.
- HR Forum: This is the HR Club of the institute developing the HR traits of the coming managers. Every year it conducts an event called ASTUCE, which is a two day event, where in panel discussions, presentations and other workshops are conducted.
- Vichaar: The Debating, Public Speaking and Social Science Forum of SCMHRD, the youngest club at SCMHRD is Vichaar.
- Prayatna: A Social Initiative taken to promote all the social activities like candle light march, teaching students, etc.
- Marketing Club: The marketing club of the college organizes conclaves every year, for which it is notoriously famous for.
- The Entrepreneurship Cell is driven and managed by students in association with the Centre of Excellence Entrepreneurship.
- This cell is a member of the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN).
- NEN provides critical support to start-ups and early-stage entrepreneurs.
- There is a B Plan event called SAMBHAV, which is also hosted by this E cell every year which brings students from top 50 B schools to come and participate.
- Campus: A very big campus, fully Wi-Fi enabled, has all the facilities one could think of to sustain the two years of his college life.
- Auditorium: The campus encapsulates a big auditorium, with a capacity to hold almost 300 students at a time. The auditorium is used at the time of national events, cultural fests, convocations, etc.
- Computer labs: The campus has several specialized labs such as Oracle lab and SAP lab are also available for the benefit of the students. Every centre Research and Research Methodology, Economics, Finance etc has computer activity as a part of their curriculum.
Hostel: There is a proper hostel facility for both the boys and girls having a triple sharing scheme with an attached bath room and all the facilities required like laundry, electricity, water etc.
Swimming Pool: A large swimming pool is provided inside the campus for the students.
Library: The Wi-Fi permitted library provides access to about 2000 audio and video CDs, DVDs, more than 24000 books, International and National business periodicals in diverse areas of Leadership, Business, Entrepreneurship and Management
- Access to on-line data bases including EBSCO and EMERALD.
- The Library also provides online book search and booking facility (OPAC).
- The institute provides admirable health care and medical facilities. This centre is managed by the Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS).
- SIHS has a team of specialized doctors and medical officers who reside in the college campus itself for providing regular health checkups.
- In addition to that it also has a Gym and a Yoga Centre.
- NEEV is the Annual Business School festival of SCMHRD, Pune.
- It organizes 35+ business games along with its flagship event AUGUSTUS.
- This fest also includes the cultural night which incorporates events like DJ Nights, Fashion Shows, etc.
- The major sponsors of this festival are TATA, Indigo, Swipe and many more.
Note On Fees
Achievement & Ranking
- Outlook ranked SCMHRD as the best college in the Pune region.
- SCMHRD has been ranked as 15th Best B-School in India by the The 2012 Outlook-MDRA B-School Survey.
- SCMHRD has been ranked as 13th Best B-School in India by the The Week Hansa Research Survey 2012.
- CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2013 ranked 6th among Private institutes in 2013
- Top B Schools 2013- T.I.M.E ranked AA category in 2013