University Business School (formerly, Department of Commerce and Business Management) has been imparting quality management education to develop dedicated, innovative and effective managers, researchers and teachers for four decades. The rechristening of the Department of Commerce and Business Management as University Business School (UBS) in 1995 by the Panjab University, symbolizes the recognition of completeness and maturity of the Department as a center of management education in India.
- The infrastructure of University Business School offers the right opportunities for self-learning, knowledge building, honing skills and exploring one's potential.
- The school has recognition from the University Grants Commission under its Special Assistance Program in various areas. The school is also covered under the ASIHHS Program the UGC.
- The faculty of the UBS trained in India and abroad, has earned international recognition in the industry and academia.
- Management development, consultancy and research in all the areas of management are given high priority at the School.
- UBS Infrastructure University Business School is equipped with a state of the art computer laboratory
- It has more than 50 terminals connected to high speed Internet connectivity through Computer Centre
- Panjab University Chandigarh Hostels Wi-Fi enabled residential facilities are available for all the students
- The hostels are self-contained with all modern amenities for the students to pursue academic goals in a cozy and friendly ambience
- It has a fine collection of reference books and subscription to over 1500 journals and periodicals, is the parent library of UBS
- In addition to this, UBS has an in-house library with more than 11,443 books and with a subscription to more than 152 journals comprising of both Indian and International publications
A four day management fest organized by the students of UBS, included four major events which were:
- UBS Premier league: 6 a side cricket tournament
- An interactive seminar by Prof. Vipin Dewan
- Bulls n Bears- a virtual stock market game
- Bid n Buy- strategic bid and win game.
An event which is indispensable to any management course, i.e. a case study analysis and coming out with strategies to create a win-win situation for the parties involved. Case studies are indeed a part and parcel of management education. This was another organized endeavor to brush up the skills of future managers from UBS.
13th in Business Schools all over India
41st among top 50 Business schools in India
Articles, economictimes, indiatimes