Alpha Arts & Science College (AASC) is a private, unaided co-ed institute run by the Alpha Educational Society. It is affiliated to the University of Madras. The college admits students to various courses based on merits obtained by them in qualifying examinations. The college has an Enactus team, formerly known as SIFE, which works towards the empowerment of students. Alpha SIFE has achieved:
- 2009 SIFE National Champion and Second Place in SIFE World Cup 2009.
- 2008 SIFE National Champion and Second Place in SIFE World Cup 2008.
- 2006 SIFE National Champion and Third Place in SIFE World Cup 2006.
Highlights of Alpha Arts & Science College
Here is basic information about AASC:
|Degrees Type||UG and PG|
|Selection criteria||Merit basis|
Alpha Arts & Science College: Courses & Fee Structure
Alpha Arts & Science College has various courses for Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants. Applicants just need to choose from courses offered to them.
- Undergraduate applicants are offered:
- Bachelor of Science(B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications(BCA)
- Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com)
- Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA)
Bachelor of Science(B.sc) at AASC is specialized in Biotechnology, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication Science, and Visual Communication.
- Postgraduate applicants are offered:
- Master of Science(M.Sc) in Biotechnology
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
READ MORE: Alpha Arts & Sciences Course Fee
Alpha Arts & Science College runs special programs for the skills development of students. The programs are as follows:
- NCC: The program is conducted every year with the help of trained officers possessing Lieutenant ranks. The college has 50 cadets.
- NSS: The program aims at arousing social consciousness among students.
- BEC: The program enhances the employability and English speaking skills of students on a global level. It provides training on Cambridge English and awards Business Certificates(BEC) to students.
- NPTEL: National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning is a joint initiative of IITs and IISCs on online courses on various topics.
Alpha Arts & Science College: Admissions
Alpha Arts & Science College admissions are purely merit-based and application forms for UG and PG courses are offline, available at the Administrative office. The college follows certain eligibility criteria in its admissions.
- Undergraduate courses of AASC demands:
- A 10+2 passing certificate from AISSCE, DSSC, CBSE, or ICSE.
- CBSE/ICSE: Passing certificate with five subjects including English as a compulsory subject.
- 21 years as on 1st July of the year.
- 3 years of relaxation for BC/ MBC/ DNC/ SC/ ST.
- Postgraduate courses of AASC demands:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject with 50% aggregate marks.
And, documents required by the students at the time of admission are:
- SSLC mark sheet and birth certificate.
- For PG admissions- UG Degree.
- Marksheet of all qualifying examinations
- Transfer, Character, and Community certificates.
- Eligibility Certificate from the University of Madras (for other University/ Foreign Board students).
- Passport size photos.
- Migration Certificate, No Objection Certificate, Student Visa, and Resident Permit (For International students).
READ MORE: Alpha Arts and Science admissions
Alpha Arts & Science College: Student Job Profiles
Students must choose a course keeping in mind the job profile they would opt once the course is over. Tabular below contains course-wise list of job profiles:
|Course||Higher Studies||Job opportunities|
|B.Sc in Biotechnology||-M.Sc in Biotechnology -M.tech & Research -M.Phil -Ph.d||-Pharmaceutical Research -Food processing industry -Bio-fertilizer & chemical companies -Waste management -Agriculture and Allied industries -Quality control Units|
|B.Sc in Computer Science||-MCA -MBA -M.Sc -CS -IT||-Programmers -Network professionals -System Analysts -Marketing Executives -Web Designers|
|B.Sc in Visual Communication||-M.sc in Viscom -M.Sc in Electronic media -M.A in Journalism and Mass communication -M.A in public relations -M.A in Advertising -M.Sc in Multimedia||-Director -Editor -3D/2D Animator -Copy Writer -Layout Designer -Photographer -RJ/VJ -Program producer -Advertising Manager -News Reader -Production House -Cinematographer|
|B.Sc in Electronics and Communication Science||-M.Sc in Applied Electronics -Industrial Electronics -Electronics and Communication Systems’ -Instrumentation -Electronics (VLSI Design) Nano Science -Computer Science -MCA -MBA||-BSNL -MTNL -National Physics Laboratories -ISRO/DRDO/AIR -Civil Aviation -Police Wireless Department|
|BCA||-MCA -MIM -MIS -M.Sc(IT) -MBA||-Software Engineers -Trainees in BPO -Software Testers -Technical Writers -System Analysts -Web Developers -Teachers|
|B.Com (General)||-M.Com -MBA -MCS -MSW -CA -ICWA -ACS -CAIIB -Legal Studies -CMA||-Banking and Finance -Insurance -Accountants -Cost Accountants -Marketing -Tax Departments -Stock Trading industry -Logistics -Entrepreneurs -Transaction Processing Managers -BPO|
|B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship)||- M.Com -MBA -Prof. Course- Company Secretaryship||-Manager – Corporate/ Institutional Sales -Corporate Financial Analyst -Head – Corporate Development -Corporate Credit Analyst, -Manager–Corporate Communications -Corporate Sales Executive -Manager – Corporate Services -Head – Finance & Administration -Corporate Sales Officer -Export Manager|
|B.Com (Information System Management)||-Master of Information Systems -MCA -MBA||-Software/Management Consultant -R&D -Programmer -Marketing -Human Resource Executives|
|BBA||-MBA -M.Sc(IT)||-Managers in Finance -H.R Productions -Supply Chain -Logistics -Financial Analysts -Finance Controllers|
Read More: B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship)
Read More: B.Com (Information System Management)
Read More: B.Sc in Visual Communication
Alpha Arts & Science College: Training and Placement cell
Training and Placement cell of AASC aims at turning unemployable or less employable freshers into confident or employable candidates by the end of the course. The cell is active throughout the year. It conducts:
- Group discussions
- Communication skill training.
- Aptitude & numerical ability tests.
- Mock interviews
- On-campus and off-campus recruitment drives.
There are also some top-notch recruiters who participate in AASC placement programs. They are:
- Tech Mahindra
Students are also placed through Off-Campus drives like HP, HCL, and IGATE. Alpha Arts & Science College: Scholarship and Financial Aids(h3) Students at AASC can avail scholarships provided by the government, University of Madras, and non-government agencies. Scholarships provided by the University are on a merit basis, deserving students are awarded scholarships and freeships where some/whole amount of the tuition fee is exempted from paying. The college also provides financial aid to the students wherever possible. Alpha Arts & Sciences: Quick Facts(h2) Here are some quick facts about Alpha Arts & Sciences:
- The college is recognized by the government of Tamil Nadu
- AASC also offers value-added courses to students such as Tally, Logistics, Microsoft office, Web designing, Animation, Certificate Course in Java, C++, etc.
- The college runs special programs in skill development. It has clubs and cells that are used to create awareness among the students on various issues.
Alpha Arts & Sciences College: FAQ
Ques. Does Alpha provides paid internship to the students?
Ans. Yes, the college offers paid internship opportunities to students which is also a part of the course. Students are paid between Rs.2500- Rs.5000 based on the company.
Ques. What are the add-on courses offered by the Alpha Arts & Science college?
Ans. Add-on courses offered by the Alpha Arts & Sciences are:
- Spoken Hindi
- Web Designing and Animation
- Printed Circuit Board
- Data-ware Housing/C++/Trouble Shooting
- Microbial Fermentation Technology
Ques. Is there any transport facility for the students?
Ans. The College provides bus facilities to students from Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Hospital [SRMC] to College. The bus service is available for both Shift I and Shift II.
Ques. What are the timings?
Ans. The college runs Undergraduate programs in two shifts: Shift I: 8:20 a.m. to 1: 00 p.m. Shift II: 1:15 p.m. to 5: 40 p.m