Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies (IMCFTS), Kolkata is an institution that focuses on various disciplines under media studies. IMCFTS offers various courses such as B.A. (Hons), M.A and PG Diploma courses in the discipline of Media Studies, Mass Communication and Journalism & Film and Television Studies and many more. 

IMCFTS Highlights

Established | Institute Type 2002 | Private
Approved by The Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal UGC
Affiliated to University of Kalyani
Registered by The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India
Courses Offered UG, PG, PG Diploma & Certification
Popular Courses B.A (Hons), M.A, 
Application Mode Online
Admission Criteria Merit-based + Entrance and viva voce
Facilities Available Library, AV studio, Computer Lab, Canteen, etc
Official Website
Admission Helpdesk 9903995949
Address 261, 12, Prince Anwar Shah Rd, Rajendra Prasad Colony, Tollygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700033

IMCFTS Courses

IMCFTS offers the following UG, PG and Diploma courses:

Course Details
M.A Specialization: Mass Communication & Community Journalism
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Honours Graduates (under 10+2+3 system) in any discipline/Media and corporate personnel with 2 years experience/Major in Communicative English
B.A (Hons) Specialization: Media Studies
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with minimum of 45% in aggregate and 55% in the language or 50% in aggregate and 45% in language
PG Diploma Specializations: Mass Communication & Journalism, Film and Television Studies
Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Bachelor’s from a recognised university
Certification Specializations: Advertising, Event Management and PR, Animation, Corporate Training, Editing, Film, Marketing, Sales Promotion and Retail Management, Photography
Duration: 6 Months
Eligibility: 10+2

Check:  IMCFTS Kolkata Courses and Fees

IMCFTS Admissions

Admission at IMCFT is done on the basis of merit in the last qualifying exam. The M.A course is an exception as 40% seats are reserved for direct admission to students of Kalyani University while the rest 60% seats are filled by an institutional level entrance test followed by viva voce. The final selection is done based on academic merit, entrance test score and viva performance

How to Apply?

  • Visit the official website and click the “Courses” tab.
  • Choose the desired course and press “Apply Now”.
  • Fill in the necessary details or take the printout of application form and submit as a duly filled hard copy.
  • Pay the fees of INR 500 for students of Kalyani University and INR 600 for students from other Universities via cash/credit card/debit card at the college office or through DD to be drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies’, payable at Kolkata.
  • Submit attested photocopies of all educational mark sheets, certificates and 2 passport size photographs along with the form at the time of admission.

Check: IMCFTS Kolkata Admissions

IMCFTS Facilities

The Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies provides the latest facilities for students such as:

  • Computer Lab: Students are provided systems with the latest software to assist in their studies.
  • Video Shooting Camera: The institution owns video shooting cameras so that students get to have hands-on experience in videography and filmmaking.
  • Library: There is a library filled with books on industry related to topics to assist students.
  • Other facilities include canteen, guest room and recreational room.


Ques. How is the faculty at IMCFTS?

Ans. A dedicated team of 37 members are on board specializing in different fields such as Public Relations, Journalism, Electronic Media, Television, Sociology, Photography etc to name a few

Check: IMCFTS Kolkata Faculty

Ques. Does IMCFTS provide placement assistance?

Ans. IMCFTS offers 100% placement assistance to its students. They provide practical experience and exposure through internships which helps students in broadening their career prospects.

Check: IMCFTS Kolkata Placement

Ques. Are classes online or offline at IMCFTS?

Ans. Classes at IMCFTS are currently online due to the global pandemic. This ensures uninterrupted and continued education so that courses can be completed duly.

Ques. Does IMCFTS provide a hostel facility?

Ans. No, IMCFTS does not have hostel facilities of their own however they provide reliable and secure PG facilities for boys and girls at separate locations.