Kalyani University was established in the year November 1960. It was established as a unitary university with the faculties of Arts, Science, Education, and Agriculture. The University ensures all round excellence and the imparts higher education through dissemination of knowledge to rural areas in an open and flexible system.
Kalyani University Facts & Figures
Type of University
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
How to Reach
4 Km away from Kalyani Railway Station
28 Km away from Palta Bus Stand
52 Km away from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
Kalyani University DODL
The University of Kalyani was established in the year 1960 and has grown to a comprehensive institution with strong bases of administration and qualified faculty towards the mission of advancement of learning and research. The University, with the help of Distance Education Council, IGNOU and other Universities of West Bengal has launched Directorate of Open & Distance Learning (DODL) at Post Graduate level.
Kalyani University DODL Courses
M.A. in Bengali
Hons. / Special. Hons. / General Graduate (10+2+3) with qualifying marks in the subject concerned carrying a total of at least 300 marks / Pass Graduate (10+2+2) with one-year bridge course in relevant subject / Pass Graduate [(10+1+3) / (11+3)] with qualifying marks in the subject concerned carrying a total of at least 300 marks
M.A. in English
M.A. in History
M.A. in Education
M.A. in Public Administration
Kalyani University Courses
Kalyani University offers various Bachelor programs, M.Phil. programs, D.Sc./ D.LITT. programs, Ph.D. programs, and postgraduate programs. Check Kalyani University Admissions
- Bachelor Programs include 3-year B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com.(Honours, General and Major) Courses. A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in General or Vocational Stream conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or an equivalent examination conducted by other State Board / Council.
- Duration of M.Phil. Program is 2-years divided into 4 semesters. Master degree holders with minimum 55% marks in the relevant subject shall be eligible to appear in the M.Phil. Admission Test conducted by the concerned Department.
- D.SC./ D.LITT. Degree admission will be open to those who have a Ph.D. from this University or any other recognized university. No candidate will be allowed to submit the D.Sc/ D.Litt. thesis before three years from the date of registration.
- The degree of Ph.D. (Science, Arts & Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Business Administration, Fine Arts) is of 3-years duration.
- Postgraduate Programs are of duration 2-years. Various programs offered are as follows:
- M.Sc in Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Physiology, Statistics, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Geography and Environmental Management.
- M.A. in Bengali, English, Hindi, History, Sanskrit, Political Science, Philosophy, Economics, Sociology and Folklore.
- M.Com. Commerce
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLISc)
- Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.)
- M.A. /M.Sc. Education
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering, Environmental Management
- Master of Rural Development Management (MRDM)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Diploma in Healthcare and Hospital Management (DHHM)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)
Check Kalyani University Courses & Fees
Kalyani University Scholarships
- University Merit Scholarship: For students who have secured 60% marks or above in aggregate and with minimum 75% attendance are eligible
- University Merit Cum Means Scholarships: For student who secured 55% or above with at least 75% attendance
- UGC Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship: Rs.20000/- per year will be awarded to single girl child for PG courses
- State Govt. Merit/Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- UGC Merit Scholarship
- UGC Scholarship for M.Phil SC/ST Students