University of Kalyani or Kalyani University is a state university located in Nadia district of West Bengal. The university is ranked 86 among universities in India by the NIRF in 2018and in the 101–150 band overall. It is providing academic guidance and leadership to 44 affiliated colleges (18 in Nadia, 25 in Murshidabad and 1 in North 24 Parganas). These Colleges are independent of the university but they follow the course curriculum of the university.
Kalyani University Highlights
|Type of University||State University|
|Courses||PG and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance Based|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Campus Area ||360 Acres|
|Official website ||https://www.klyuniv.ac.in/|
|How to Reach|
- 4 Km away from Kalyani Railway Station.
- 28 Km away from Palta Bus Stand.
- 52 Km away from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
Kalyani University Courses
Kalyani University offers 76 courses in different specializations through its six departments. Given below are courses along with their number of seats available in tabulated form.
|Arts||Bengali||M.A (180), M.Phil (22)|
|English||M.A (100), M.Phil (10)|
|Economics||M.A (100), M.Phil (10), Ph.D|
|History||M.A (120), M.Phil (6), Ph.D|
|Library and Information||M.L.Ib (26)|
|Modern Language||Russian (30) Chinese (30)|
|Political Science||M.A (100)|
|Science||Botany||M.Sc (46), Ph.D (6)|
|Biochemistry Biophysics||M.Sc (30) M.Sc (30)|
|Chemistry||M.Sc (20), Ph.D (20)|
|Environmental Science||M.Sc (20), Ph.D (20)|
|Physics||M.Sc (20), Ph.D (20)|
|Geography||M.Sc (35), Ph.D (8)|
|Science and Measurement||Mathematics||M.Sc (80), Ph.D|
|Microbiology||M.Sc (20), Ph.D (20)|
|Zoology||M.Sc (68), Ph.D (20)|
|Statistics||M.Sc (20), Ph.D (20)|
|Business Administration||Management||M.B.A (40), Ph.D, DHHM (15)|
|Technology||Computer Applications||M.Tech (18), MCA (30)|
|Engineering||B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D|
Read More Kalyani University Courses and Fees
Kalyani University Admissions
Kalyani University offers both Ph.D. and M.Phil. degree under 76 different specializations. The duration of all these programs is around 2-5 years. Admission to Ph.D. and M.Phill. Programs is done by Kalyani University Research Eligibility Test (KURET) / EEARP/ KURAT followed by a Personal Interview conducted by the university.
A candidate shall be exempted from appearing in the EEARP provided that he/she —
- has qualified in NET/SLET/SET/GATE /KURAT/KURET or any other National or State level test for pursuing teaching or research.
- was admitted through the entrance test in M.Phil/M.Tech. course (other than five- year integrated M.Tech. course) and has obtained M.Phil/M.Tech. Degree from this University or from any other University/Institute recognized by this University
- is a whole-time teacher of this University or any other University / Institute recognized by this University
- is a whole-time teacher of Govt./Govt. aided College
The university offers online applications for all the candidates through the official website.
- Visit the Online Admission Portal of the university.
- A new page will appear where the candidate must click on the desired course.
- Click on the Application Form tab and fill the form online.
- Payment of Application fees will be done on the basis of SBI Collect.
- Application Fees for M.Tech and M.P.Ed. is INR 300 (for General & OBC candidates), INR 150 (for SC/ST candidates) and INR 120 (for PwD).
- Application Fees for MBA & DHHM and other PG Courses are INR 400 (for General & OBC candidates), INR 200 (for SC/ST candidates) and INR 160 (for PwD).
- Application Fees for integrated M.Sc. Statistics is INR 500 (for General & OBC candidates), INR 250 (for SC/ST candidates) and INR 200 (for PwD)
- Candidates can check Application status and can also reprint receipt by clicking on the desired option on the same page.
Read More Kalyani University Admissions
Kalyani University Distance Education Mode
The University of Kalyani was established in the year 1960 and has grown to a comprehensive institution with strong bases of administration and qualified faculty towards the mission of advancement of learning and research. The University, with the help of Distance Education Council, IGNOU and other Universities of West Bengal has launched Directorate of Open & Distance Learning (DODL) at the Post Graduate level. Kalyani University DODL Courses
|M.A. in Bengali|
Hons. / Special. Hons. / General Graduate (10+2+3) with
qualifying marks in the subject concerned carrying a total of at least 300 marks /
Pass Graduate (10+2+2) with one-year bridge course in relevant subject /
Pass Graduate [(10+1+3) / (11+3)] with qualifying marks in the subject concerned carrying a total of at least 300 marks
|M.A. in English|
|M.A. in History|
|M.A. in Education|
|M.A. in Public Administration|
Kalyani University Distance Education Application Form
The application form is available online on the official website. The steps of the application procedure are as follows:
The application fee is INR 100. In online mode payment must be made through SBI Collect. In offline mode payment is made through Pre-acknowledgment payment challan. The
- Visit the official website i.e. http://dodl.klyuniv.ac.in/
- Click on “DODL: M.A. Admission” and further on ‘Admission form’ and ‘Enrolment form’.
- Download the form.
- Payment should be made Online through SBI Collect or Pre-Acknowledgement payment challan.
- After online payment, duly filled in Application Form and Enrolment Form must be accompanied with relevant documents and must be submitted to the DODL office.
Read More Kalyani University Distance Education Mode
Kalyani University Facilities
- Hostel: There are nine hostels in all for post-graduate students and research scholars - six for male and three for female students. Two hostels are earmarked for research scholars - one for males and the other for females. N.B.: Electricity, Water, and Cook-Staff are provided by the University; Telephone incoming facilities are also provided.
- Central Library: Central Library was established in order to meet the academic and research needs of the Teachers, Research Scholars, the Students, and other staff members. In a lively University campus, the Central Library serves as the hive of academic activities for students, scholars, staff and faculty members in pursuit of excellence in their respective areas of studies.
- SC/ST Cell: The coaching center started its functioning on and from March 24, 2007. The inauguration of the center was done by Sri S. C. Barman, Hon’ble M-I-C, SC/ST and Backward Class, Government of West Bengal. 315 students have been admitted to the center. The center purchased the following equipment out of 8 lakhs grant sanctioned by the U. G. C.
- Health Center: The University of Kalyani has a well-equipped Health Centre for providing medical assistance to its communities. It started functioning from the early sixties, the building was established on 1978. The University communities, i.e. students, research scholars, employees, officers, and their families are enjoying medical facilities from the Health Centre. Health Centre extends health care activities both in preventive and as well as curative ways.