Jai Hind College, established in 1948, is an autonomous college located in Mumbai and affiliated with the University of Mumbai. It is a junior college as well as a regular degree college. The college offers all three subject streams of Science, Commerce, and Arts for 12th grade and offers 12 undergraduate programs, 5 postgraduate programs, 1 Research program and 25 Certificate/Skill development/Value-added Courses, and also several self-financed and vocational courses to improve the employability of the students.
- Jai Hind College is inviting applications for M.Com. in Advanced Accountancy (2020-21). The registration process will commence from November 21, 2020, and will end on December 14, 2020, with confirmation of admissions of students who appeared in the 3rd and last Merit List.
- 1st Merit List for M.Sc. in Chemistry has been declared. The Counselling for these students will take place in online mode on November 12, 2020, at 4 pm.
|JHC M.Com. Online Registration with Requisite Documents and Registration Charges (INR 100)||November 21 -26, 2020 (till 6 pm)|
|JHC M.Com. 1st Merit List||December 1, 2020|
|JHC M.Com. Online Fees Payment for Confirmation of Admission||December 2, 2020|
|JHC M.Com. 2nd Merit List||December 7, 2020|
|JHC M.Com. Online Fees Payment for Confirmation of Admission||December 8, 2020|
|JHC M.Com. 3rd Merit List||December 12, 2020|
|JHC M.Com. Online Fees Payment for Confirmation of Admission||December 14, 2020|
|Jai Hind College M.Sc. 1st Merit List 2020-21 Dates|
|JHC M.Sc. Entrance Exam||November 6, 2020|
|JHC M.Sc. Release of 1st Merit List||November 12, 2020|
Admission to the college is based on merits obtained in the previous qualifying examination. The college continues to attract over 90 companies including some top MNCs like Ernst & Young, KPMG, and Deloitte every year to offer placement opportunities to the students.
Some of the Jai Hind College's notable alumni are Priyanka Chopra, Aishwarya Rai, John Abraham, Sunil Dutt, Kajal Aggarwal, Kunal Kamra, Vishal Dadlani, Shaan, Malaika Arora, Kiara Advani, etc.
Jai Hind College Highlights
|Established | Type||1948 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Accreditation||NAAC with 'A' Grade|
|Courses offered||Aided, Unaided, Vocational
12 undergraduate programs
|Total Strength||UG: 4242
|Total Intake||UG: 1575
|Foreign Collaborations||Ontario-Maharashtra-Goa programme Carleton University University of Fraser Valle|
Over 90 Companies
|Location||A Rd, Churchgate,, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400020, India|
Read More: Jai Hind College Reviews
Jai Hind College Rankings
|8th||City-wise College Ranking, India Today|
|25th||For Science, The Week 2020|
|24th||For Arts, The Week 2020|
|The Best College Award||UGC, New Delhi|
|Top 10 Best Colleges||Nlist|
|First position at 26th International Economic Convention||KC College’18|
|Silver in Avishkar||TVBSc|
Read More: Jai Hind College Q & A
Jai Hind College Courses
|B.A. (Hons)||Type: Aided
Subjects: Economics, Political Science, Psychology, History, English, Hindi, and Philosophy
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate with qualifying marks
Subjects: Physics, Comp. Science, Mathematics, Bio-Tech, Life Science, Botany, and Microbiology.
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate passed with qualifying marks in the related stream
|B.Com (Hons)||Type: Aided
Subjects: Financial Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Economics, Banking & Finance, and Business Communication Accountancy
Duration: 3 Years Eligibility: Intermediate passed with mathematics as a main subject
Subjects: Biotech and Chemistry( Analytical, organic, inorganic, and Physical).
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate in Science (preferred B.Sc(Hons). Chem)
Subjects: Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Economics, Banking, Taxation, Communication Accountancy
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate Graduate in Commerce from any recognized university.
|BBI/ BAF/ BFM/ BMS||Type: Unaided
Subject: Finance and Management
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Candidates having scored ≥ 40%, 45%, 50% in 10+2 can apply for BFM, BBI, BMS courses respectively
Subject: Mass Media
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate with ≥ 50% from any recognized board
Subject: Software Development/ Travel and Tourism
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate with ≥35% in any stream
- AIDED Courses- Students taking admission to Aided Courses, are supposed to pay only the fee stipulated by the Government.
- UNAIDED Courses- College does not get aid from the Government for such courses hence, students need to pay the entire fee as per the college’s fee structure.
Read More: Jai Hind College Fees
Jai Hind College Admission
The college offers admission to 12 undergraduate programs, 5 postgraduate programs, 1 Research program, and 25 Certificate/Skill development/Value-added Courses. The college offers a Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, and Commerce stream as Aided courses at the UG level and programs like Finance & Management, Mass Media, B.Sc.(IT), and Biotech under Unaided Courses.The application form can be accessed online through the Mumbai University’s official website.
Admission to all the courses is offered on the basis of merit.
To be eligible for admission to UG Courses, the candidates must have passed 10+2 exams from any recognized board, and for admission to PG Courses, the candidates must possess a relevant bachelor’s degree.
How To Apply For Jai Hind College?
To register for admission, the candidates must visit both the University and College’s official website.
- Fill up the University Registration Form by visiting Pre-admission online registration of the University.
- Visit the College’s website. Sign up and create login credentials on the Admission portal.
- Proceed to fill the form and fill in the required details.
- Pay the fees and Take a printout of the completed form.
- Submit the form online.
Note: It is mandatory to fill up both “pre-admission online registration with the university” and “Jai Hind College’s application form” as students have to report to the college with the duly filled in both printed forms at the time of actual admission.
- 2 Passport-sized photographs
- Mark sheets of all 6 semesters
- Passing Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Non-creamy layer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate
- Gap Affidavit
- Demand Draft to pay the admission fee
Check More: Jai Hind College Admissions 2020
Jai Hind College Placement
The college offers various placement and internship opportunities in a number of profiles such as Risk Analyst, Deal Advisory, Business Development, Management Trainee, Investor Relation Officer, Marketing Executive, Finance Analyst, Operations, and in the field of digital marketing, social media marketing.
The college manages to invite over 90 companies including some top MNCs like KPMG, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, Cushman & Wakefield, Kotak SecuritiesEdelweiss, Tres Vista; banks like ICICI and CitiBank; media companies such as Times Internet, Hindustan Times, media.net, Lintas and Digital media companies such as Wat Consult, and Schbang. The Placement Cell of the college has also managed to invite around 35 companies to provide internship opportunities to the students.
In the academic year 2018-19, 116 and 23 students from UG and PG respectively were placed with a median salary of Rs. 350000 and Rs 250000 respectively for UG and PG. Around 180 students were also selected for higher studies. The institute is also a breeding ground of several successful start-ups such as ‘Greensole’, ‘Fox Counsel’, ‘Admatazz’, ‘Realtives’, ‘Fynestuff’
Read More: Jai Hind College Placement
Jai Hind College Scholarships
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship
- State Government Open Merit Scholarship
- Scholarship to Meritorious Students Possessing Mathematics and Physics
- State Government Dakshina Adhichatra Scholarship
- Government Research Adhichatra
- Government Vidyaniketan Scholarship
- Education Concession to the Children of Freedom-Fighters
- Education Concession to the Children of Ex-Serviceman
- Rajashri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulkh Shishyavrutti Scheme
- Eklavya Scholarship
- Assistance to Meritorious students Scholarship
Jai Hind College Facilities
- Library: The college has a fully automated library with the provision of a WiFi facility. The library provides a number of E-Resources like E-Journals and E-Access with print journals, E-Books and an entire digital collection. The college also has a separate reading room to facilitate a better academic environment.
- Labs: The college has a number of labs like Biotechnology Lab, Chemistry Lab, Computer Lab, Electronics Lab, Botany Lab, Life Science Lab, Microbiology Lab, Physics Lab, and Psychology Lab.
- Food: The college has a canteen and a cafeteria where students hang out most of the time enjoying their snacks or meals.
- Gym: The college has a well equipped gym with equipment for strength gaining exercises and weight lifting. Table tennis is also provided with carrom is also kept in the gym for students who prefer indoor games.
- Cells: The college has a number of functional cells that work in order to make the life of students more vibrant. Placement Cell, Entrepreneurship Cell, Enactus, Wellness Cell, Women’s Development Cell are some of the active cells of the college.
- Clubs and Societies: The college has a number of societies where students can explore their talents. The Social and Dramatic Union of Jai Hind College is one of the most prestigious cultural organizations in the city. Apart from that, the college has Literary and Debating Society, Rotaract Club, NSS, Nature Club, Sindhi Circle, Marathi Vangmay Mandal, Gymkhana who help in keeping students engaged in activities which help them explore and grow.
Jai Hind College Faculty
Jai Hind takes pride in having a dedicated set of teachers who aid the students in all spheres and remain dedicated to their goal of molding the future of the students. The student-teacher ratio is about 1: 40 and the college has about 120 faculty members out of which 36 are Doctorates. The faculty consists of Dr Ashok G Wadia as the dean, 15 Associate Professors and 103 Assistant Professors.
Read More: Jai Hind College Faculty
Jai Hind College Notable Alumni
- Priyanka Chopra
- Indian Actress, Singer, and Film producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Indian actress, Miss World 1994
- John Abraham
- Indian film actor, producer, former model
- Sunil Dutt
- Film actor, producer, director, and politician
- Kajal Aggarwal
- Indian film actress and model
- Kunal Kamra
- Indian stand up comedian
- Vishal Dadlani
- India Singer, Songwriter, and music composer
Jai Hind College FAQs
Ques. Which are the most popular colleges in comparison to Jai Hind College?
Ans. Some of the popular colleges as compared to Jai Hind College are:
Ques. Are there any notable alumni of Jai Hind College?
Ans. There is a list of notable alumni of Jai Hind College from diverse fields:
- Dr. Hrishikesh Pai – Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Fertility specialist
- Mr Sunil Dutt – Actor, Politician, MP
- Mr. Vishal Dadlani – Singer, Composer, Music director
- Mr. Atul Kasbekar – Fashion photographer, Film producer
- Mr. John Abraham – Actor, Producer
- Mrs. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan – Actor, Miss World 1994.
Ques. What grading system does Jai Hind college follow?
Ans. The College follows the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as laid down under the guidelines of the University of Mumbai. The College has a 10-Point Grading Scale, consisting of a Semester Grade Point (Performance) Average (SGPA) and a final Cumulative Grade Point (Performance) Average (CGPA).
Ques. What is the intake capacity of various UG Programs at Jai Hind college?
Ans. The intake capacity for various UG Degree Programs are as follows:
- BA: 240
- BMM: 120
- B.Com: 480
- BMS: 120
- BAF: 60
- BBI: 60
- BFM: 60
- BSc: 240
- BSc Biotech: 35
- BSc IT: 60
- B.Voc SD: 50
- B.Voc TT: 50
Ques. Does the college organize an annual event?
Ans. Jai Hind College is known for its big college fests that take place annually, namely "Detour", "Talaash", "Entourage" , "Kani" and "Cyberstrike”.
Ques. What are the courses offered at Jai Hind College (JHC)?
Ques. Does Jai Hind College offer any other courses apart from UG and PG programs?
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of Jai Hind College Placement process?
Ques. What are the scholarships offered at Jai Hind College?
Ques. What are the facilities offered at Jai Hind College?