Krishnanagar B.Ed. College, is a self financed institute established in 2005. It is located in Nadia district of West Bengal. The college is affiliated with University of Kalyani and recognized by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). Currently, the college offers only a single B.Ed course.
Admissions to Krishnanagar B.Ed. College are done through the online central counselling process by The West Bengal University of Teachers' Training, Education Planning and Administration (WBUTTEPA). It has a sprawling campus of 60 acres. The institute provides facilities like hostel accommodation, canteen, and sports clubs.
Krishnanagar B.Ed. College Highlights
|Established/ Type||2005/ Self Financed|
|Approved by||National Council for Teacher Education|
|Affiliated with||University of Kalyani|
|Campus Area||60 acres|
|Facilities||Hostels, canteen, sports clubs|
Krishnanagar B.Ed. College Courses
The college offers only a single B.Ed course, details of which are given in the table below.
|Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% marks in Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree
Krishnanagar B.Ed. College Admissions
To secure an admission in Krishnanagar B.Ed. College, the applicants will have to go through the counselling process conducted by WBUTTEPA.
How to apply?
To apply for the course, applicants should follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of WBUTTEPA.
- Fill the application form with academic and the personal details
- Upload a scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- After filling, submit the form
- On submission, an ID and password will be received for future use.
- The next step is to pay a registration fee of 600/- online (350/- for SC / ST candidates).
- Finally, take a print of the receipt for future use.
Krishnanagar B.Ed. College Facilities
Krishnanagar B.Ed. College is a self – financed college and tries to provide all the top – notch facilities they can offer to their students. Some of them are given below:
- Classroom and Multipurpose Rooms: Each classroom has enough space for 50 students so that the teachers can pay more attention to the students. The multipurpose room further enhances the audio-visual experience of the curriculum.
- Library: Krishnanagar B.Ed. College has a library with around 5000 books for the students to expand their knowledge. This is also a reading room for the students to study in peace without the outside noise.
- Hostel: Krishnanagar B.Ed. College offers accommodation to their students so that they can avoid the daily commute and focus solely on their academics. These hostels have all the necessary facilities for the students.
- Canteen: The college cafeteria provides snacks and food to the students and makes sure that the students have a balanced diet. The rates are reasonable so every student can enjoy himself.
- Sports Club: The institute has a campus of 60 acres. As a result, sports clubs are inevitable. Students enjoy a range of activities like cricket and football. These clubs also arrange for cultural events that may take place.
Read More: Krishnanagar B.Ed. College Reviews
Krishnanagar B.Ed. College Faculty
The Krishnanagar B.Ed. College is known for its reputed and knowledgeable staff members that are always helping the students under the guidance of the principal Dr. Rajani Kanta Mohapatra and the vice – principal Dr. Santosh Mukherjee of the college. They have a team of:
- Assistant Professors: 13
- Non-teaching staff: 7
Read More: Krishnanagar BEd College, Nadia Faculty
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Does Krishnanagar B.Ed. College provide an internship?
Ans. Students are provided with a compulsory internship as a part of their curriculum. Students gain practical experience of teaching at one of the following schools:
- Krishnagar High School
- Saktinagar High School
- Saktinagar Girls High School
- Kalinagar High School
- Kalinagar Girls High School
- Krishnagar Academy
- Rambux Chetlangia High School
- Kalinarayanpur Adarsha Vidyalaya
- Akshoy Vidyapith Girls High School
- Ghurni High School
Ques. Does Krishnanagar B.Ed. College have reserved seats?
Ans. No. Krishnanagar B.Ed. College is a self – financed college. The reservation policy of Reservation of seats for SC / ST / OBC (A/B) / PWD as stated is not applicable for Self – financed colleges. However, they are given relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks in case of SC / ST / PWD.
Ques. What are documents that are needed to be verified during reporting at Krishnanagar B.Ed. College?
Ans. The students intending to take admission in B.Ed. Programme for the academic session 2020-22 shall have to produce the following original documents along with self-attested photocopies of the following mark sheets and certificates:
- Application form.
- Secondary (Class X) Examination Admit Card and Passed Mark-sheet.
- Class XII Passed Mark-sheet.
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Tech (Part I / Part II / Part III or all Semesters’ Mark-sheets or equivalent Degree).
- SC / ST / PWD / OBC-A / OBC-B Certificate (If applicable)
- Photo Identity Card (Aadhaar Card / Voter ID Card)
Ques. What is the fees structure at Krishnanagar B.Ed. College?
Ans. Krishnanagar B.Ed. College has an annual fee of 75,000/- per annum per student, inclusive of Development Fees, and a “Refundable Caution Money” of 5,000. This does not include other charges like Hostel Fee.
Ques. How many seats are available at Krishnanagar B.Ed. College?
Ans. Krishnanagar B.Ed. College provides only one B.Ed course at its campus. The total intake per academic session is 100. No supernumerary or reserved seats are available for the course.