Jawaharlal Nehru Rajkeeya Mahavidyalaya (JNRM), situated in Port Blair is a renowned Arts and Science College in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. And it is the first college of its kind to be established in the Union Territory. It was instituted in the year 1967. Since inception it’s been rendering a tremendous job in educating the tribes and the relocated people for the past four decades. It offers Undergraduate as well as Postgraduate courses in the arts, science and commerce streams. The specializations offered in each stream counts to 16 in the Degree level and more than 9 in the Masters level respectively. JNRM’s vision is to provide a learning environment which would tailor the needs of young aspirants. Its curriculum emphasizes on academics, sports and also extra-curricular activities which in turn molds a student with all necessary skills needed to succeed in the present day competitive world.
Details about the College:
Pondicherry Central University
Andaman and Nicobar State(Province)
Total placements in 2014
Highest salary package
Sports and Cultural activities
Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
How to reach
Why Jawaharlal Nehru Rajkeeya Mahavidyalaya?
- Reputation: It’s a College with high reputation for higher education in Port Blair. It is continually upgrading its curriculum and providing excellent education for the past 4 decades
- Infrastructure: JNRM has always been keen in upgrading its infrastructure so as to provide an exceptional learning environment for its students. The classrooms are well lit, airy and are installed with modern teaching aids.
- Laboratories: The college is has three well-installed computer laboratories with all latest software and teaching aids such as LCD Projectors, Multimedia and many more. It is facilitated with internet connectivity and also renders computer literacy to faculties of other departments as well. All other Science labs are fully equipped with all essentials
- The college has a central library stacked with more than 50000 volumes of books and journals. It has separate reading rooms as well
- Separate Residential facility is available with mess for boys and girls.