Peet Memorial Training College, Mavelikkara in Alappuzha district was established in the year 1960 in the remembrance of one of the leading missionaries, Rev. Joseph Peet. The college offers B.Ed and M.Ed courses in various specializations. The admission is based on merit and the application mode is online.
Peet Memorial Training College Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||1960 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University|
|Accredited by||NAAC A Grade|
|Recognized by||NCTE and UGC|
|Courses Offered||B.Ed., M.Ed.|
|Campus Area||5 acres|
|Facilities Available||Auditorium, IT Centre, Canteen, WIFI|
Peet Memorial Training College Courses
|B.Ed.||Specializations: English, Commerce, Mathematics, Physical Science, Natural Science, Social Science
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have passed BA/ B.Sc. examination with a minimum of 50% marks.
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
|M.Ed.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have passed B.Ed. Degree with a minimum of 55% marks from any institution recognized by the University of Kerala.
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Read More: Peet Memorial Training College Fees
Peet Memorial Training College Admission
Interested candidates can apply for the course online only. As there is no age limit to apply, the candidate must carefully read the instructions and eligibility criteria before filling the form.
How to Apply?
- Go to the official Kerala University webpage.
- Click on the admission form link and register with your valid mobile number, email ID, and password (if you register it for the first time).
- Then log in using the above credentials and fill the form with the necessary details.
- After submitting the details, the candidate will be directed to the payment portal. The candidate can pay through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ Challan. Download the receipt and the application form for future references.
- The application for general and SC/ST/OBC/Other reserved categories are INR 500 and INR 250, respectively.
The complete details of seat reservation such as Merit, Sports Quota, Management Quota, Community Quota, and Disability Quota is available in the pdf format for B.Ed. and M.Ed. The relaxation of 5% and 2% marks are given for SC/ST and SEBC candidates, respectively for M.Ed. degree. 3% of seats are allocated for persons with disabilities.
Peet Memorial Training College Scholarship
The college offers various scholarships based on the merit and economic background of the students. The following table shows the list of scholarships awarded for students who secured the highest marks in various specializations.
|Wattersseril Endowment (University Exam)||Prof. A. G. George Endowment (Mathematics)|
|Old Student’s Endowment (College)||Philip’s Prize (Natural Science)|
|Sri. P. P. Chandapillai Memorial Prize (Science)||Sri. T. J. Chandy Endowment (Psychology)|
|Kaleeckal Endowment (English)||Dr Anandan Nair Endowment (Physical Science)|
|Rev. M. Mathews Endowment (Commerce)||Vidyanidhi Scholarship Programme|
Apart from these, the following table shows the list of scholarships available for Research Scholars and others.
|M/S. Samuel & Aley Endowment||Status Scholarship|
|Alumni Scholarship||Golden Jubilee scholarship|
|Kuwait St. Peters Congrative Award||Prof. Verghis Chandy Endowment|
Peet Memorial Training College Facilities
The college provides every amenity to meet the needs of the students as well as teachers.
- Laboratories: The college has a well-equipped Computer lab, Language lab, Mathematics lab, Social Science lab, and Science labs. The Computer lab is facilitated with an LCD projector, printing, reprographic, and scanning services. Also, it has internet connectivity of 10 Mbps speed.
- Hostel: The college facilitates hostels for girls. The intake capacity of Emily Peet ladies’ hostel is 60. A well-balanced, nutritious, and delicious food is served every day.
- Library: The college houses a spacious and well-ventilated library with a collection of books, journals, and other learning materials. The library also aids technology-based learning. It has 6 computers for browsing through OPAC, NList, and circulation of books.
- Classroom: The college provides a smart classroom with a WIFI facility, Interactive Whiteboard.
- Lab school: The college also houses a school inside the campus. Bishop Hodges High School and Higher Secondary School are engaged for demonstration, classes, internship, and block teaching.
Peet Memorial Training College FAQs
Ques. What is the seating capacity for all the courses at Peet Memorial Training College?
Ans. The seating capacity for B.Ed. courses are 50 and M.Ed. the course (self-financing) is raised from 12 to 25.
Ques. How are the students evaluated in Peet Memorial Training College?
Ans. The students are evaluated based on credit and semester system with grading. The attendance is considered for the eligibility to attend the examinations. There is a seven-point grade system for attendance. The theory papers are assessed externally while Continuous Evaluation (CE) and other Practical courses are assessed internally. In Semester IV, CE, and Practical courses are conducted both internally and externally.
Ques. Where can we find the complete syllabus of the courses of Peet Memorial Training College?
Ans. The entire structure and details of the course are available on the official website as pdf format. The pdf includes every detail, regulations, syllabus, grading, guidelines for practical courses, and many more.
Ques. How can we contact the Peet Memorial Training College office for the admission process?
Ans. You can contact the office either through email or phone.
Phone no: 0479-2302226, 2307859
Ques. What are the documents to be submitted at the time of admission at Peet Memorial Training College?
Ans. If the student is selected for the applied course, he/she has to submit the following documents at the interview time.
- Mark list of the qualifying examination
- Original Degree /Provisional Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate ( for students from universities other than Kerala University /who have passed the degree in vocational/Specialized courses)
- Community Certificate ( for CSI/ SC/ ST students)
- Income Certificate ( for SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC)
- NSS/NCC Certificate (if applicable)
- Two Photographs.
Ques. How are the faculty of Peet Memorial Training College?
Ans. The college has a faculty team of 23 including the Principal, Dr. Mariamma Mathew. The faculty team comprises 11 non-teaching staff.
Read More: Peet Memorial Training College Faculty