Jindal School of Government and Public Policy (JSGP), Sonepat is India’s first Public Policy School. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses across Economics and Public Policy. Admissions to the JSAP Sonepat is done on the basis of ACT/ SAT/ JSAT. JSGP offers a well-rounded education to students and exposes them to the field in both rural and urban contexts and actual institutional settings. JSGP regularly invites academicians, activists, senior officials, politicians, NGO-workers, policymakers from the UN and other international organizations to deliver lectures and interact with students and faculties.
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2012 | Private|
|Affiliated to||JGU, Sonepat|
|Courses||UG, PG & PhD|
|Application Mode | Application Fee||Online & Offline | INR 3000|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based + Entrance based|
|Accepted Exams||National: SAT/ ACT University: JSAT|
|Facilities||Global Library, Health Centre, Recreational Centres, Internships, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||+ 91 8930110914|
|Address||O.P. Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed To Be University) Sonipat, Narela Road, Near Jagdishpur village Sonipat, Haryana-131001, Delhi NCR, India|
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy Courses
JSGP Sonepat offers various UG, PG and PhD Courses in the discipline of Economics and Public policy. Mentioned below are the details for the same.
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy Admissions
The candidates can apply through online and offline mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of JSGP.
- Go to the “Admission” tab and click on “Online Application Form”.
- Register using an active mail email address.
- Log in using the credentials sent to the registered mail ID.
- Fill in the application form with the required details.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 3000.
- Click on “Submit”.
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy Placements
JSGP provides extensive assistance to graduating students for placements. A dedicated professional Placement and Career Development Cell conducts workshops on writing up student profiles, preparing them for job interviews, and offers individual counselling. The cell remains in touch with various organisations from the industry and invites them to visit the campus to recruit students. Some of the recruiters are as follows:
- George Institute for Global Health – India
- UNDP (Project Disha)
- Central Tibetan Administration
- Public Affair Center (PAC)
- Pollution Action Group (PAG)
- Centre for Budget and Policy Studies (CBPS)
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog)
- Ministry of Rural Development
- Metro Project, Telangana
- The Economist
- Hindustan Times
- Jindal Steel and Power Limited
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy Facilities
- Food Courts: The college has a world class Food Court – “Biswamil Bistro” reflecting the global aspirations and Indian traditions. A wide range of Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian food options are thus available for the benefit of the Students, Faculty, Staff and Guests/Visitors.
- Global Library: The Library has a collection of about 48000 print volumes and an array of electronic resources. The print collection includes books, monographs, research reports, law reports, and back volumes of periodicals etc.
- Health Care: The university has a permanent health centre with all essential equipment and assistance available for students. It has separate male and female wards, consultation rooms, physiotherapy treatment rooms, counselling rooms, etc.
- Sports Facilities: Sports and fitness activities are an integral component of JSLH. Under the supervision of qualified coaches and instructors, the students indulge in practice sessions in order to fulfill their aspirations of wearing university colors/jerseys.
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy Faculty
The faculty at JSGP Sonepat are highly qualified and well trained professionals. JSGP has a total of 34 faculty members. The faculty members are graduates from the best institutions all over the world. The faculty members provide deep insight about the industry and what is expected from the students through their real life experience.
Check: JSGP Sonepat Faculty
Jindal School of Government and Public Policy FAQs
Ques. What is the course fee of B.A. Hons in Economics offered by JSGP?
Ans. The course fee for B.A. Hons. in Economics offered by JSGP is INR 3,50,000 per annum.
Ques. Does JSGP offer hostel accommodation?
Ans. Yes. JSGP offers separate hostel accommodation to boys and girls. The hostel has well furnished rooms, a separate reading room for students, and mess facilities.
Check: JSGP Sonepat Hostel
Ques. What are the areas of research under the Ph.D course offered by JSGP?
Ans. The areas of research offered under the Ph.D course are:
- Urban Studies
- Public Health
- Law and institutions
- Governance and Public Institutions
- Mechanism Design and Auctions
- Banking and Monetary policy
- Rural Studies
- Programme Evaluation
- Industrial Economics, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Gender Studies
Ques. Does JSGP Sonepat provide internships?
Ans. JSGP students have served in domestic as well as overseas internship positions including with some of the leading national and international NGOs. The students complete two internships (one winter and another in summer) before they graduate. Internship work in the field is followed by a formal presentation of a report through a seminar. Students receive extensive support in locating meaningful and challenging internships in their areas of interest.