O.P. Jindal Global University, popularly known as JGU is ranked among the Top 3% and among the Top 450 in the QS Asia league table. The university offers degree and doctoral courses in the discipline of Law, Business, International Affairs, Liberal Arts and Humanities, more. JGU is spread over an area of 80 acre campus.
O.P. Jindal Global University Highlights
National: CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ UGAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ CMAT/ NMAT/ GRE/ ACT/ RAT
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
O.P. Jindal Global University Ranking
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has accorded its recognition to O.P. Jindal Global University and accredited with Highest Grade (A).
- JGU is awarded by the University Grants Commission as Institution of Eminence (IOE).
- JGU is ranked 22 among the country’s Top 100 private universities in the Education World India Higher Education Rankings.
- JGU is ranked 8 under the parameter of internationalism in the Education World India Higher Education Rankings.
- JGU is adjudged India’s most international university on the basis of the largest number of foreign faculties employed.
- JGU is ranked among the 3 percent of 9000 BRICS higher education institution.
- JGU is ranked as the youngest Indian University in the Top 300 in the latest 2019 World University Rankings (WUR) league tables of the authoritative London based Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
- JGU is ranked among the Top 450 in the QS Asia league table of 13,000 universities assessed.
- JGU is also ranked among Top 10 Public and Top 10 Private higher educational institutions in India by QS University Ranking: BRICS 2018 edition.
- QS I-Gauge has awarded the highest DIAMOND RATING to O.P. Jindal Global University at the launch of India’s first nationwide higher education rating system.
- Jindal Global University is also ranked 2nd on All-India Swachhta ranking education.
O.P. Jindal Global University Departments
JGU offers various courses through the following schools of learning:
- Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) Read more
- Jindal Global Business School (JGBS) Read more
- Jindal School of International Affairs (JSIA) Read more
- Jindal School of Government and Public Policy (JGSP) Read more
- Jindal School of Liberal Arts & Humanities (JSLH)
- Jindal School of Journalism & Communication (JSJC)
- Jindal School of Art & Architecture (JSAA)
- Jindal School of Banking & Finance (JSBF)
Check: JGU Departments
O.P. Jindal Global University Courses
JGU offers various UG, PG and Ph.D courses in the discipline of Law, Business, International Affairs, Liberal Arts and Humanities, Art and Architecture, Banking and Finance, etc. Listed below are the details for same:
|B.A LL.B (Hons.)||
|BBA LL.B (Hons.)|
|BBA Hons. + MBA|
|B.A (Hons.) Global Affairs / Political Science / Economics / Social Science and Policy / Liberal Arts and Humanities / Journalism and Media Studies / Environmental Studies||
|LL.M (Global Exposure)||Corporate and Financial Law and Policy, General LLM, International Trade and Investment Law, Taxation Law||
|MA (Residential)||Diplomacy, Law and Business, Public Policy||
|MBA||Marketing, Financial, Operations, Human Resource, Business Analytics||
|Government and Public Policy|
Check: JGU Courses and Fees
O.P. Jindal Global University Admission
Given below are the steps to apply for admission in JGU:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the college and register.
Step 2: Fill the registration form by providing a username and password.
Step 3: Upload a recent passport size photograph.
Step 4: Pay the application fee of INR 3,000 (INR 1,000 for LL.B, LL.M, MBA, MA) by Debit/ Credit Card/ Demand Draft in favor of O.P. Jindal Global University, payable at Sonepat.
Step 5: Submit the duly filled form and take a print out of the same.
Note: Candidates can obtain an application form from the admission office of the university and can pay application fee through the DD.
- Candidates applying for B.A. in Liberal Arts and Humanities must write a 1,000 word Personal Statement explaining why they want to study at JGU.
- Candidates applying for Integrated Law courses must not be more than 22 years.
- For LL.M program, 70% weightage will be given to the score in the entrance test followed by Statement of Purpose and Telephonic Interview (30% weightage).
- The following cut-off scores are accepted by the university:
- CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ ATMA: 50 Percentile
- GRE: 290+
- GMAT: 400+
- NMAT: 160+
- Candidates applying for Ph.D are required to submit a Statement of Purpose of 1,500 words explaining why do they want to pursue Ph.D in JGU.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following exams:
|Course||Entrance Test||Read more|
|BA LL.B, BBA LL.B, LLB||LSAT||Click here|
|BBA (Hons.), BBA+MBA, B.Com (Hons.), BA (Hons.)||JSAT||Click here|
|LL.M (GE)||LSAT||Click here|
|Entrance Test conducted by Delhi University||-|
|MA||PPT, Written Test followed by Personal Interview||-|
|MBA, PGDM (Executive), MBA (Executive), GE MBA, MBA (IBM)||CAT||Click here|
|Ph.D||Entrance Test followed by Personal Interview||
Check: JGU Admission
O.P. Jindal Global University Placement
The university offers placement facilities to all the students through on campus and off campus recruitment activities. Students get trained for the final placement procedure through various seminars, training sessions, communication skill development, and personality development classes. These trainings are held to improve the overall employability of the students so as to bring in the best placement opportunity for them. Highlights of JGU placement are:
Highest Package: 15.2 LPA
Average Package: 8.4 LPA
Top recruiters of JGU: 99 Acres.com, Aditya Birla AMC Ltd, Amazon, Barclays, Citi Innovators, DekiElectronics, Dyson, Edumentor, EY GBS (India) Private Limited, Genpact - Content Writer, Genpact Fin, Gerson Lehrman Group, HDFC Bank, Home First Finance Company, ICICI Bank, Inter-Alliance Werardt, ITC (FMCG), etc.
Check: JGU Placement
O.P. Jindal Global University Scholarship
JGU provides scholarship on the basis of merit. Listed below are the details for same:
Means cum Merit Scholarship: The institute offers a wide range of scholarships to meritorious students under merit-cum-means basis. Students securing above 80% marks (overall class 12th) are eligible with Family Income Tax Return (ITR) of less than ₹30 Lakhs per annum. The final decision on the amount of Scholarship is decided by the Admissions and Scholarship Committee. Students from SC/ST/OBC background and differently abled learners are especially encouraged to apply for admissions and scholarships at JGBS.
Check: JGU Scholarship
O.P. Jindal Global University Facilities
JGU has a state of the art infrastructure and facilities for students and faculty members which are as follows:
- State of the art library with over 48,000 print volumes
- On-campus Gym facility
- Students Common Room for lectures and indoor games
- Sports courtyard for outdoor games
- A world class eight lane olympic size swimming pool
- Food Court Outlets
- Fully air-conditioned and faculty on-campus housing
- 24/7 CCTV Surveillance
- Health Center
- Bank and ATMs
O.P. Jindal Global University Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty of JGU.
Dr. Tanushree Sharma
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc., PGDBM, LL.B, M.A, Ph.D
- Work Experience: 20 years
Dr. Rihana Shaik
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc., MBA, FPM
- Work Experience: 8+ years
Dr. Saroj Kaul
- Designation: Professor and Vice Dean
- Qualification: B.E, M.E, Ph.D
- Work Experience: 35+ years
Prof. Diptiman Banerji
- Designation: Associate Professor and Associate Dean
- Qualification: B.E., PGDBA, Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Work Experience: 15 years
Prof. Lankana Jayasinghe
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: M.Phil, Ph.D
Dr. Asim Talukdar
- Designation: Professor of Management Practice and Director
- Qualification: PGDM, FPM,
Check: JGU Faculty
O.P. Jindal Global University Features
- World class faculty from top universities like IITs, IIMs, XLRI, ISB, Oxford and Harvard. Global exposure through overseas immersion/ exchange programs.
- In the second year, students have the option of choosing an M.S. Degree from leading international universities.
- Multi-disciplinary curriculum where students can take courses in Law, International Affairs, Liberal Arts and Humanities and Public Policy.
- Partnerships with reputed institutions across the USA, UK, Singapore, Canada, Australia, France and Germany among others.
- Globally Networked office of Career Services and Pasr recruiters include Amazon, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Ernst and Young, Harley Davidson, Britannia, ITC Hotels, Philips, Maruti Suzuki, and many more.
- Merit-based scholarships on the basis of National Level Entrance Exam.
O.P. Jindal Global University FAQs
Ques. What is JSAT? How can I apply?
Ans. The Jindal Scholastic Aptitude Test (JSAT) is a Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) test. The exam consists of 120 questions to be completed within 120 minutes. There are no negative marks for wrong answers. It is divided into three sections: English Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Skills. Applicants must score 55% weightage to be considered for admission. For more information and to sign up and schedule your JSAT Examination, visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/jsat.aspx
Ques. If I have given any other national exam, am I required to appear for JSAT?
Ans. If the students have secured more than SAT (1100 Marks) / ACT(27 Points)/ UGAT(60 Percentile) are exempted from the JSAT (Jindal Scholastic Aptitude Test) entrance exam.
Ques. How are the hostels of JGU?
Ans. The University Hall of Residence for students consists of several blocks of building designed by a French architect. There are corridors, open spaces and common rooms within each block. There are separate blocks for male and female students. The accommodation for students in these blocks follows international norms and the rooms are aesthetically furnished. Hygiene is an important consideration in these halls. In addition, the campus provides recreational facilities include a gymnasium and other indoor and outdoor games. The surroundings are fully landscaped with lawns, bushes and trees. Read more
Ques. How are the placements of JGU?
Ans. The percentage of placement is very good. The best part of this university is that students get a chance to get placed in Jindal Steel Power Ltd. and more than 28 companies come for placement every year. This college has placement success rate of 79%.