The Regional Institute of Education, Bhubneswar was established in 1963 and is a constituent unit of NCERT, New Delhi. RIE Bhubneswar is affiliated to Utkal University and has also been approved by NCTE. Equipped with all the basic amenities and infrastructural facilities like Computer Application Centre and Video-conferencing Hall, it offers various specializations in undergraduate and postgraduate programs.The institute is also famous for its Research and development activities.
RIE Bhubaneswar Highlights
The interested students can get a glance of the institute through the following points:
|Established I Institute type||1963 I Government|
|Affiliated to||Utkal University, Bhuvneshwar|
|Popular Courses||B.Ed, B.Sc, M.Ed, M.Phil|
|Entrance exam||CEE (Common Entrance Examination)|
|Entrance exam mode||Offline|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Dispensary, Guest House, ET Cell|
RIE Bhubaneswar Courses
The college offers various courses of different durations. The basic eligibility and course fees are tabulated below:
|Course Name||Specializations||Duration||Basic Eligibility|
|B.Ed||Science||2 years||Graduation + CEE|
|Diploma||Guidance and Counselling||1 year||-|
|B.Sc- B.Ed||PCM||4 years||10+2 + CEE|
|BA- B.Ed||Education||4 years||10+2 + CEE|
|M.Ed||Education||2 years||B.Ed + CEE|
|M.Phil||Education||2 years||Post Graduation + CEE|
Read more: RIE Bhubaneswar Courses Fee
RIE Bhubaneswar Admission
The College offers various courses as well as a one year Diploma programme in Guidance and Counselling. The duration of courses ranges from two year courses of B.Ed and M.Ed to four year long courses of BA-B.Ed and B.Sc- B.Ed.
- For B.A.B.Ed, B.Sc.B.Ed, candidates must have passed 10+2 from arts, commerce or science with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Those applying for M.Ed. program must have B.Ed. with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- For M.Phil., degree is M.A. in Education or M.Ed. Degree with at least 55% marks is required to be eligible.
- Admission to all the courses is done through the CEE entrance exam.
- Candidates are required to make a payment of INR 900 (INR 450 for reserved category) while submitting the application form.
- The selected candidates are then required to attend counseling and submit all the required documents.
Candidates can apply online for the Regional Institute of Education admission 2020, through the e - admission portal of the college. The application form will be available after the announcement of the course's admission.
How to Apply?
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the NCERT-CEE and register themselves.
- Then, log in to the account created and duly fill up the necessary details.
- Select the exam centre, fill in the qualifying examination from the drop down menu and upload the recent photograph and signatures in the required JPG or JPEG format.
- Make the payment of INR 400 (INR 200/- for reserved category) in the nearest HDFC bank branch.
- Save the application form after making the payment and visit the Institute along with application form and other required documents after getting selected in CEE Exam.
Read more: RIE Bhubaneswar Admissions
RIE Bhubaneswar Placements
The College has a strong network of teachers who put all the effort in making their students well equipped with all the resources’ and skills. The placement record of college is quite high with almost 100% students getting placed as teaching faculties in different schools. Most of the students are placed into Kendriya Vidyalaya or Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya schools.
Read more: RIE Bhubaneswar Placements
RIE Bhubaneswar Scholarships
The college being a part of NCERT offers scholarships to its needy and meritorious students. The amount of scholarship that the students avail ranges from INR 400 for general category students to INR 800 for reserved category students. INR 1200 per month are offered for students pursuing M.Ed.
The students have to submit their annual income certificate in the beginning of the session to avail the benefits of scholarships. The scholarships are revised every year as per the government norms.
Read more: RIE Bhubaneswar Scholarships
RIE Bhubaneswar Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students in its campus only. The infrastructure of the campus is quite well built with facilities like:
- Library: The College has a library centrally located in the main building with more than 69,000 books and over 70,000 documents which can be accessed by its students. The library opens from 9 A.M. to 5.30 P.M. on every working day and has facilities like a browsing room and Xerox machine. An average of 550 new books are added to the library collection every year.
- Hostel: The College offers three hostels for girls and one hostel for boys. Guest house is also available in the campus arena. Every hostel has two wardens to take care of the well being of students.
- Sports: The College has a well built playground with various courts for sports like basketball, football, kho-kho, tennis, etc.
- Cafeteria: The College has a well maintained and hygienic canteen which serves delicious food to students. It opens from 7:30 in the morning.
- Bank: The College campus also has a State Bank of India Branch located inside the campus area.
RIE Bhubaneswar Faculty
The faculty of RIE Bhubneswar is highly qualified and is expert in teaching in their respective subjects. Here is a list of some of the faculty members with their qualifications:
- Prof. Bhujendra Nath Panda
Designation: Professor of Education, Dean of Research
Qualification: M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D. (in Education)
Area Of specialization: Educational Research; Educational Assessment
- Prof. (Mrs) Gowramma I.P.
Designation: Professor & HoD
Qualification: M.Sc , M.Ed , Ph.D (Education- Learning Disability)
- Dr. (Mrs) Dhanya Krishnan
Designation: Assistant Professor
Area of specialization: Science Education, ICT in Education, Teacher Education
- Prof. (Mrs) Manasi Goswami
Designation: Professor & DESM, Head of Student Council Advisor
Qualification: M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D, PGDDE
Working area: Nuclear Physics, Science Education, Distance Education, Popularization of Science
- Prof. M. K. Satpathy
Designation: HoD & Professor, I/C
Specialization: Life Science Education, Environmental Education and Sustainable Development
Read more: RIE Bhubaneswar Faculty
Ques. Do the candidates have to send the printout of the application to RIE Bhubaneswar by post/by hand?
Ans. Yes, the candidates have to send the printout of the Application form along with the SB Collect e-Receipt to RIE Bhubaneswar by post/by hand. However, they are advised to keep copies of the same with them for future references.
Ques. Can the candidates apply for multiple courses at same time?
Ans. Yes, but they need to register, login and fill up application form separately. However, they can use the same email id and cell phone number to register for separate courses.
Ques. Is there any Relaxation/ Reservation criteria?
Ans. Yes, seats are reserved for SC / ST/ OBC and PH candidates as per mandatory rules. Also, relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination is allowed in case of PH / SC / ST candidates.
Ques. Are there any part time courses available?
Ans. No as of now, the college only offers full time courses. No distance education or part time courses are available.
Ques. Does the college have any exchange programmes with foreign Universities/Colleges?
Ans. Yes, the college has a tie up with Nadderud Videregaende Skole, Oslo, Norway under UNESCO / ASP Friendship Exchange Programme. A team consisting of faculty members and students from these institutions visit each other every year