Utkal University situated in Bhubaneswar, Odisha was established in 1943 and the university was laid by Dr. Rajendra Prasad (first president of India) and was inaugurated by Dr. S Radhakrishnan (second president of India). Utkal University is the 17th oldest university in India. It is the largest affiliating university in India with 576+ affiliated colleges of various branches. Currently, the university offers UG, PG, Ph.D., and M.Phil. courses to students and the university at present have about 7 PG departments.
- Utkal University has released its notification for the admission to B.Ed Course for the session 2020-21. The date of admission is December 10, 2020. The Admission Fees for men applicants is Rs. 3562/- and for women applicants is INR 3394. The Course Fee is INR 48,000. Check More
- Entrance exams for the self-financing course which were earlier scheduled from October 5, 2020, to October 8, 2020, are postponed until further notice. However, the entrance exam for the PG regular courses will be conducted as notified by the university.
- As per the revised schedule of the Common PG Entrance Test (CPET 2020), the entrance exams will be held between October 12, 2020, to October 22, 2020. Once the entrance test is complete, the university will start releasing merit lists for admission. The last date for admission to PG courses is November 30, 2020, after which the classes for the PG courses will commence from December 3, 2020.
Utkal University PG Admission 2020
|Availability of Common Application Form (CAF)||August 12, 2020|
|Last date to apply for the CAF||September 10, 2020|
|Issue of Hall Ticket||September 30, 2020|
|Common PG Entrance Test 2020||October 12, 2020, to October 22, 2020|
|Last date to fill the marks of Graduation||October 22, 2020|
|Release of merit list||November 7, 2020|
|Last date to apply for the admission||November 30, 2020|
|Commencement of classes for the PG courses||December 3, 2020|
|Admission Date for B.Ed||December 10, 2020|
Utkal University Highlights
|Established | Type||1943 | State University|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC, and AIU|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, M.Phil., and Ph.D.|
|Entrance accepted||CAT/MAT/University or National level test|
|Top recruiters||HDFC bank and TATA.|
|Facilities available||Library, guest house, seminar hall, health centre, and canteen.|
Utkal University Ranking
Few rankings of the Institution are:
- Utkal university was ranked 96th among universities ranked by NIRF in 2020.
- The college is accredited as ‘A+’ by NAAC with the score of 3.53.
- It is also ranked as 63th best university in India with a grade AAAA and score 229.99.
Utkal University Courses
The courses offered by Utkal university are listed below.
|MBA||2 years||Bachelor’s degree under any stream with at least 50% passing aggregate.|
|MCA||2 years||Mathematics/statistics as a subject in 10+2 level and bachelor’s degree with no less than 50% aggregate.|
|L.L.M||1 year||50% passing aggregate in LLB or law degree.|
|MA||2 years||10+2+3 pattern with at least 50% aggregate in a relevant subject.|
|M.Com.||2 years||Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% aggregate.|
|M.Sc.||2 years||10+2+3 pattern with at least 50% aggregate in a relevant subject.|
|BA+B.ED/B.SC +B. ED||4 years||Combined result at 10+3-degree level.|
|BBA+MBA||5 years||Pass in 10+2 with not less than 50% aggregate.|
|BCA+MCA||5 years||The students must have completed his/her 10+2 with not less than 50% aggregate.|
Utkal University Admission
Admission at Utkal university is 70% entrance-based and 30% on other modes. Candidates for UG courses are selected on first come first serve and candidates for PG courses like MA and M.Com. are selected with the entrance examination and merit based followed by the interview/Group Discussion.
The mode of application is online only.
- Candidates must register themselves through the official website.
- Applicants need to fill all the required details.
- Candidates must upload all the necessary documents required to complete the application
- Candidates must pay the application fee through online mode of payment.
- There are courses where entrance exam is not required, in such case, students can visit the university directly for admission.
- Candidates who fit the eligibility criteria and have verified documents can submit the registration fee for the admission.
Read More Utkal University Admission
Utkal University Placements
The placement and recruitment cell of Utkal university facilitates career development and recruitment for students, to help students build a strong career. Utkal university conducts many activities such as career development program, recruitment drives, career counselling, pre- placement training, and many more.
Campus placement Data
Read More Utkal University Bhubaneswar Placement
Utkal University Bhubaneswar Facilities
Utkal university offers various facilities to the students are:
- Library- Library of the Utkal university is known as Purija library is said to one of the finest libraries in the state of Odisha. The library comprises large reading space, manuscripts, administrative and many other sections. It contains more than 2000 books and 5200 manuscripts.
- Hostel- The University provides hostel facility for both boys and girls. Hostel also includes mess facility where in students gets hygienic food.
- Canteen- The university also has a huge canteen, which is said to be the most crowded and social place for students. The canteen offers food at very reasonable rate which is made with proper hygiene.
Read More Utkal University Bhubaneshwar Hostel
Utkal University Bhubaneshwar Faculty
The college have the very knowledgeable and intelligent faculty divided into the following diverse departments:
- PG Department- 105+
- Administrative staff-34+
- M.Phil. department- 10+
- Ph.D. department - 15+
Read More Utkal University Bhubaneshwar Faculty
Utkal University Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques. What is the highest package at Utkal university Bhubaneswar?
Ques. Does the Utkal university Bhubaneswar provide an education loan?
Ques. How to contact Utkal university Bhubaneswar?
Ques. What is the significance of Utkal university Bhubaneswar than other universities?
Ques. What are the accommodation facilities available at Utkal University Bhubaneswar?